IGNORED

Those Who Boo'd Lita

dezgimed

I found it odd that people were singing "Leroy Lita is our friend..." one minute and then singing "Leroy Lita is a banker...".

I'm not criticisng I just found it very odd.

Anyway, does anyone else think that Lita paid back some favours on Saturday? He had two clear chances and "scuffed" them both.

Ignore the pathetic little wum. If he's not on here looking for bites it's the Rovers forum.

I mean every word I say.

Lita was a quality player who moved on when the club accepted a bid for him. I haven't suggested he should of received a standing ovation but why chant he's a k**t when he scored plenty of goals for our club. I just didn't understand that sort of vile abuse to a player who did so well for us?

Now if you want to talk about me trying replying to my post with some thing of substance rather than your usual bolloxs of dismissing anyone with a different opinion to yourself as a pathetic wind up merchant.

quite correct

there are some people who just don't get it

perhaps they are the same ones that cheered holloway last season

shocking

Brill-another daft comparison from my mate flax!

Hollowhead- a Blue through and through who openly disrespected our club is being compared to a young lad who came through our youth ranks whilst scoring for fun. Arguably one of the most natural strikers I've ever seen play down the Gate and according to you should receive the same treatment.

We agree for the first time ever. Some people don't get it!

Boom Boom was one reason. Fontaine was another. Basso too. There are lots of reasons, some more important than others. What i'm trying to say is, even if booing Lita helps us win in the slightest then I am all for it. It is a similar case to when i get really angry that we start to play hoofball but I think to myself - wait, moaning will not help, in fact i shall support the players despite the anger just in case even one player hears and improves his game as a result.

When I'm at City, i'm not just watching a football match, i can do that on tv. We're all part of the team and can make a difference. Remember the Friday night 'battle' with Millwall a few years back. The final minute and the ball hits Dyche in the chest so everyone screams handball and the ref gives it. The fans definitely won that penalty! Matthews scores and a 2-1 win. Both teams end with 9 men! Brilliant.

basso?your having a laugh now mate.i didn't moan about basso but next you'll be

telling me he was brilliant on saturday!

Just come back from Holiday, But DELIGHTED to hear he got deserved stick.

regardless of his off field activities....He left the club in the lurch when he decided he wanted to leave City, despite the club and manager giving him his chance and despite him stating all through the summer he wanted to stay.

Personally still believe him to be a bit over-rated, still really needs to prove himself at this level to be honest, apart from his season of form at City, has yet to produce a good season of form in any division, hence why he's at a Club like Norwich now.

Personally still believe him to be a bit over-rated, still really needs to prove himself at this level to be honest, apart from his season of form at City, has yet to produce a good season of form in any division, hence why he's at a Club like Norwich now.

Factually incorrect.

He got 13-15 goals in his first Championship season.

Around 8 goals in the Premier League.

And 3/4 in 5 games in the U21 Euro Championships 2 summers ago.

Factually incorrect.

He got 13-15 goals in his first Championship season.

Around 8 goals in the Premier League.

And 3/4 in 5 games in the U21 Euro Championships 2 summers ago.

In his time at Reading, just over 3 seasons.......19 LEAGUE GOALS (11 of which were in his first season at Reading in the championship)

speaks for itself.

the point isn't just about his lack of goals, but lack of fitness/form over an entire season of which he's been unable to maintain since leaving City.

In his time at Reading, just over 3 seasons.......19 LEAGUE GOALS (11 of which were in his first season at Reading in the championship)

speaks for itself.

Guess he just needs games. From first full season in L1 to Premier League in 2 years, then not playing. Wouldnt have helped.

Guess he just needs games. From first full season in L1 to Premier League in 2 years, then not playing. Wouldnt have helped.

just added this to my last part as forgot to add it........

the point isn't just about his lack of goals, but lack of fitness/form over an entire season of which he's been unable to maintain since leaving City.

Brill-another daft comparison from my mate flax!

Hollowhead- a Blue through and through who openly disrespected our club is being compared to a young lad who came through our youth ranks whilst scoring for fun. Arguably one of the most natural strikers I've ever seen play down the Gate and according to you should receive the same treatment.

We agree for the first time ever. Some people don't get it!

that's exactly why he should get the same treatment

it's called sledging - of course he got the eastend treatment on saturday

we arn't going to sit there like cardboard cutouts passively watching him try to score against us

Now if you want to talk about me trying replying to my post with some thing of substance rather than your usual bolloxs of dismissing anyone with a different opinion to yourself as a pathetic wind up merchant.

If the cap fits pettle....

Do you SERIOUSLY think I'd bother replying to you with a worthwhile post? The last time I did I seem to remember you were left looking rather silly and then decided to spam the Rovers forum for your little kicks instead of make anti East End posts.

And as for "your usual bolloxs of dismissing anyone with a different opinion to yourself as a pathetic wind up merchant." Care to find where I've suggested this ANYWHERE else except toward the fat ginger with a forked tongue?

Don't you find it a little bit ironic that the same group of fans were chanting Leroy Lita is our friend after he hit a copper, then chant Leroy is a wan..r because some fans have now since tagged him as a bad boy after he left the club to further his career and treble his wages.

He was the best striker we have seen down here since Shaun Goater and he was a product of our academy, and makes us a million pounds, yet, he gets the kind of reception you would reserve for an ex gashead, piss poor fans, no wonder City fans are called fickle.

Lita was a quality player who moved on when the club accepted a bid for him. I haven't suggested he should of received a standing ovation but why chant he's a k**t when he scored plenty of goals for our club. I just didn't understand that sort of vile abuse to a player who did so well for us?

The reason many have a complete and utter lack of respect for Lita isn't just because of his attitude since he left the club. It's THE WAY he left the club and I find it amazing so many are happy to ignore the reason.

the Club didn''t accept an offer because they wanted to, Lansdown and Tinnion had both previous said prior to the transfer that Lita was worth well more than £1m.

Leroy went away at the end of his first proper season in the team, stating how he'd love to play with Marcus Stewart and was talking about a new contract with City, City then decided to let a more than adequate Paul Heffernan move on, due to the strike force of Brooker, Lita and Stewart.

Lita then comes back from Pre-Season Mr Billy Big Balls, refusing to discuss a new deal, pushing City into the position where we had to accept a reduced fee for him due to time left on his contact, despite promise club and manager he would be there the following season.

This player lied to the club and show a complete and utter lack of disrespect and loyalty the to the club/fans/players and management who gave him his first chance in professional football, and hence we only got £1m from Reading, who were still a fairly average championship team at the time.

Personally, I don't think any player who acts in this way deserves respect upon a return to the club, and personally I find the people who were willing to give him a "heroes" return on Saturday rather naive.

Leroy Lita can go f@@k himself, personally I find it amazing and concerning that Gary twice considering trying to get him on loan, thankfully Coppell said No, for non football related reason.

If the cap fits pettle....

Do you SERIOUSLY think I'd bother replying to you with a worthwhile post? The last time I did I seem to remember you were left looking rather silly and then decided to spam the Rovers forum for your little kicks instead of make anti East End posts.

And as for "your usual bolloxs of dismissing anyone with a different opinion to yourself as a pathetic wind up merchant." Care to find where I've suggested this ANYWHERE else except toward the fat ginger with a forked tongue?

Your problem is you'd rather try and belittle and patronise other users instead of explaining in a polite and calm manner why you don't agree. You need to learn some tolerance my friend and stop playing the hard man of the forum constantly berating others, it's getting old :mf_sleep:

Akinbiyi and Soren both MUCH better footballers than him for Lita for Starters.

Maybe better footballer's all round but I do like a player with a natural eye for goal and with Lita thats exactly what you got. I'd take him back tomorrow.

Check his goals to games against either. Marcus Stewart was a better footballer than all of them yet had a terrible strike rate.

Goater only played League 1 for City

Soren and Akinbiyi scored goals in this division

Akinbiyi wins EVERYTIME (and I believe Ade had a better record)

Your problem is you'd rather try and belittle and patronise other users instead of explaining in a polite and calm manner why you don't agree.

whereas you prefer to ignore valid postings that disagree with your view point, in order to enhance your belief that what your saying is the correct viewpoint.

He also went on to be a massive hit at Man City in the Prem, scored loads here, superb for us.

So did Liam Robinson, but he was crap.

Nope, not true at all. 21 in 47 for Akinbiyi, Lita was 31 in 44.

I missed the game but I would have booed Lita. Yes, a good player but he doesn't play for us anymore so why respect him? He left us for the money end of story.

I wonder if he had scored whether he would've celebrated or just walked away like Christian Roberts did vs Cardiff? I also wonder how many of the people who are disgraced by the booing would have booed themselves if he had celebrated?

Someone mentioned Matty Hill and why he was clapped whereas Lita wasn't. Matt Hill was with City from the academy and had a heart of gold and was liked by many. Lita was brought in from Chelsea to play in the under 18s and then got his chance and he showed a lot of disrespect in Bristol many a time, whilst out on the piss, towards fans and players.

Some interesting points on here about respect (and some of the usual stupidity).

My view hasn't changed having read this thread though - I don't really want an obviously dangerous ex-player like Leroy out there in a yellow shirt feeling confident and good in himself - fuelled by the fact that he still commands respect and a bit of adoration from the fans of his former team. I want him to be p*ssd-off, trying too hard to prove us wrong, and, as a consequence, snatching at chances that he might otherwise bury without blinking. I've never met him in town, and have no personal axe to grind about him moving on from City (in the same way that I don't blame Scotty or Louis) - just don't want him coming back to haunt us.

I'd love to see him wearing the red and white again - until then...'used to be good, and now you're sh*t..'

QUOTE (bh_red @ Oct 20 2008, 9:26 PM) *

He also went on to be a massive hit at Man City in the Prem, scored loads here, superb for us.

maybe, BUT your talking about what players did for City, so what he did for Man City is irrelevant, what the Goat did for City was good, but Ade was a better striker for City, as he scored 23 goals while playing in a higher division than Goater did

So did Liam Robinson, but he was crap.

that's just irrelevant, since he was a bad player?

Nope, not true at all. 21 in 47 for Akinbiyi, Lita was 31 in 44.

incorrect stats though, as stated previously Akinbiyi scored goals FOR city at this level and therefore clearly proved himself to be a better player than Lita/Goater FOR CITY

as for the actually stats they are inbalaced, since you are using stats that EXCLUDED subs appearances for both player.

Lita, - 44 (41 sub) 31 goals, 47 (0) 21 goals

Akinbiyi proved himself to be a striker with a better record Goater or Lita on the simple basis that he scored goals at a higher standard of football FOR CITY

open forum, can reply to whoever I like.

refer to Post 105

What makes you think I ignored you? I actually thought it was a good post and you put across some good points as well as some bad one's. I fully intended to reply but it was a rather long post and I didn't have time to post a full reply to the many points you made.

Happy now :fingerscrossed:

What makes you think I ignored you? I actually thought it was a good post and you put across some good points as well as some bad one's. I fully intended to reply but it was a rather long post and I didn't have time to post a full reply to the many points you made.

Happy now :fingerscrossed:

There's just no pleasing some people is there Seend Red. I for one would love to see him back in the red of Bristol City but I suppose we are one of the odd ones!!! :whistle2:

Archived