IGNORED

Johnson Not Happy.

Tom

Apparently GJ was seen going mental at the crowd when an ironic cheer echoed around the stadium. Throwing a water bottle, discouraging gestures, the lot. Did anyone in the williams get a closer look?

Maybe he's had enough *shrug*.

Apparently GJ was seen going mental at the crowd when an ironic cheer echoed around the stadium. Throwing a water bottle, discouraging gestures, the lot. Did anyone in the williams get a closer look?

Maybe he has and he has done an amazing job. But his son is just not good enough.

Had enough of what, the crowd criticising one of his players?

Surely a manager wouldnt leave because of one player being abused. Thats what LJ is, or should be, just another player, so I don't see this as an issue.

I don't bloody blame him. Lee Johnson was awful today but why oh why do some fans think it's clever to cheer LJ's substitution in that manner. It will no doubt be said that GJ is paid to take flak, but i know how i would react if i was manager and i heard that response to the substitution. I'd be wanting to chin someone, so i can understand him throwing the water bottle.

I think it has got to the stage where Lee Johnson needs to be sold because the guy has become an over analysed side show evry week and it can only be detrimental to the team now.

I think it has got to the stage where Lee Johnson needs to be sold because the guy has become an over analysed side show evry week and it can only be detrimental to the team now.

Unfortunately, I think your right.

don't get me wrong, I think we need some one more effective in the middle then Johnson....but I can think of a handful of players who are much poorer then Johnson,

God, I'm tired of the Lee Johnson witch hunt. We're all entitled to express our opinions on the relative merits of each player, but the same old people, week after week are just trying to browbeat the rest of us into saying 'yes. you're right and always were'. Well done to the self-appointed experts who know more than anyone else including the manager.

Some people will end up with the club they deserve.

:angry:

did he do the same when the "ironic cheer" was repeated when Sproule and Maynard were subbed?

:colder:

God, I'm tired of the Lee Johnson witch hunt. We're all entitled to express our opinions on the relative merits of each player, but the same old people, week after week are just trying to browbeat the rest of us into saying 'yes. you're right and always were'. Well done to the self-appointed experts who know more than anyone else including the manager.

Some people will end up with the club they deserve.

:angry:

The reaction of the crowd about the substitution said it all, and if LJ continues to show this lack of form (putting it nicely) it will only get worse. DROP him now before he really gets it rough. Give him a rest!

I personally didn't hear either of those.

My thoughts on it were that the crowd cheered when Johnson was subbed for the second time in succession, and then realising what they had done, and how wrong it was, thought that by cheering the others as well would make it seem somehow OK. I posted a thread condemning the booing of LJ after the Norwich game, and todays was much louder than that. Love him or loathe him Lee Johnson has to go for the sake of this football club, and for Lee's own good.

Blimey GJ on world, he has finally mentioned the treatment of his son and how much of a shame it will be when he gets driven away!

Was also talking about being shouted at by the 'new fans' in the Williams and managed to have a pop at the Evening Post as well.

Something new! Not a happy clapper at all!

Blimey GJ on world, he has finally mentioned the treatment of his son and how much of a shame it will be when he gets driven away!

Was also talking about being shouted at by the 'new fans' in the Williams and managed to have a pop at the Evening Post as well.

Yeh that was quite amusing.

what did he actually say?

did he comment on other players getting the same treatment or just talk about his Lee?

reading the interview he seems to talk as much about the fans as he does the game,

I can tell you what I saw. When the cheer for Lee coming off happened, Gary did throw something at the ground or so it looked. When it moved onto Sproule he then looked around at the whole stand and shook his head with a dirty look.

That's the worst thing about all this. GJ gets to give everyone else the hairdryer treatment and doesn't have to answer any awkward questions himself on his own abysmal management today. That is one very good reason why the ironic cheering does not achieve anything.

Really? Well i'm glad that you find it so hilarious that the manager of our football club is so pissed off. You must take immense satisfaction from it you weirdo.

You're a bit of a card aren't you? You label other people "pig ignorant fools" and categorise people as being far less of a supporter than yourself by your very words on a another thread and yet it is clear that you only have the capacity to abuse people holding different opinions to yourself rather than debating with them. Who is really the pig ignorant fool?

Guest ashtonyate
I can tell you what I saw. When the cheer for Lee coming off happened, Gary did throw something at the ground or so it looked. When it moved onto Sproule he then looked around at the whole stand and shook his head with a dirty look.

I sit behind him and he pick up a water bottle which was thrown near the edge of the pitch and shook the bottle and some of the water came out that's all.I was a disgrace the way the crowed reacted when he subbed lee Johnson a player who gets to much stick from some parts of the crowd.

I think the best thing Steve Johnson could do would be to sell Lee so he can get away from some of the fans who do not appreciate him.

I think that the players that didn't perform against Reading yesterday should apologize to Steve Lansdown. To be honest, if I was one of them I'd be ashamed to draw my wages - they did a bum job and must atone for their crap performance by helping to crush Forest and Southampton in the next games.

Surely the chear was for not just Johnson being subbed but that Gary finally realised that he had to do something. Just a shame he left it 30minutes too late.

Where i was sat it was obvious that Sproule wasnt doing anything didnt or couldnt cross a ball, didnt or couldnt go past his man. Johnson gave the ball away too often too easily and was too lightweight. Maynard wasnt doing anything maybe he didnt get anything to do with but again he was well marshalled by Reading defence/midfield.

Now i sat there and saw this before the 30minute period why didnt our management see it? and why not change it after the first 2 or 3 at least.

When he did change it we certainly looked a better side and if not i would say the better side maybe you may say Reading took their foot off the pedal but i don't think that.

I think when we have the midfield of Johnson Spoule McIndoe all on together we must be the smallest and lightest midfield team in not just the division but whole league and now add Maynard and Wilson at left back to that it was men against boys for 55 minutes, too small too light too much to carry.

Wilson and Fontaine how many times did they lose the ball with the 'is it my ball or your ball' when both on it, only for a Reading player to just simply wak away with it. Look at 3 of the goals and it was all from a silly mistakes 20 seconds earlier and from the lightweights. This is the area that needs to be strengthened and maybe when it is then Maynard Trundle John Akinde Adebola or who ever will be a more effective forward. Get the ball to them and give them a chance.

You're a bit of a card aren't you? You label other people "pig ignorant fools" and categorise people as being far less of a supporter than yourself by your very words on a another thread and yet it is clear that you only have the capacity to abuse people holding different opinions to yourself rather than debating with them. Who is really the pig ignorant fool?

Well please accept my profound apologies that i reacted in such a pig ignorant way to another 'supporter' finding it amusing that our manager is so pissed off. What was i thinking?

I more than have the capacity to discuss reasonable or salient points with anyone, but i thought, and still do, that the comment by Dezgimed warranted my response 'IN MY OPINION' (ring any bells?). And i DO NOT categorise people in such a way as to intimate that they are far less of a supporter than myself. If i have an OPINION that differs from them then i am perfectly entitled to put it across.

I sit behind him and he pick up a water bottle which was thrown near the edge of the pitch and shook the bottle and some of the water came out that's all.I was a disgrace the way the crowed reacted when he subbed lee Johnson a player who gets to much stick from some parts of the crowd.

I think the best thing Steve Johnson could do would be to sell Lee so he can get away from some of the fans who do not appreciate him.

Who the hell is Steve?

Johnson is not happy...........

Niether am I,

This side is simply not good enough to compete with the top sides, Lets stop talking prem bol**ks as a goal,

IMO the real goal is to keep a merry band of men happy who can do OK,and lets tell the fans we want prem,

Well gary if you want prem its time to ship out the also rans and bring in some real quality, we don't need any more players with potential ( laughs out loud).........

Good team spirit, good set of lads, no big time charlies...........Well thats all well and good if you want a mid table side, so stop talking up the prem shit...........if you want prem football it dosnt matter about how good the spirit is, YOU NEED Quality end of..........

:ranting:

The cheer when Johnson's name was read out during the substitution was as loud as I have ever heard for any player coming on or going off.

What about when Julian Watts was sent off at Ashton Gate in 1998. Now that was embarrassing.

What about when Julian Watts was sent off at Ashton Gate in 1998. Now that was embarrassing.

I remember Sean Dyche getting subbed against West Brom last time we were up here, and getting similar jeers, again it was a few thousand not just a small minority

I remember Sean Dyche getting subbed against West Brom last time we were up here, and getting similar jeers, again it was a few thousand not just a small minority

And who can forget lovable Russell Osman, after fouling an opposition player the crowd were chanting OFF OFF OFF OFF.

Johnson is not happy...........

Niether am I,

This side is simply not good enough to compete with the top sides, Lets stop talking prem bol**ks as a goal,

IMO the real goal is to keep a merry band of men happy who can do OK,and lets tell the fans we want prem,

Well gary if you want prem its time to ship out the also rans and bring in some real quality, we don't need any more players with potential ( laughs out loud).........

Good team spirit, good set of lads, no big time charlies...........Well thats all well and good if you want a mid table side, so stop talking up the prem shit...........if you want prem football it dosnt matter about how good the spirit is, YOU NEED Quality end of..........

:ranting:

your very rite. he put the presure on the hole club talkin about premier league. far to loyal to this league 1 squad, awful tactics again and bad seletion. needs to wake up and smell the coffee soon

Archived