IGNORED

Johnson Not Happy.

Tom

Is this the same Nick Carle that rarely completes a full 90 minutes for Palace and was an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw with Wednesday?

Clearly Warnock rates him highly then.

OK, Nick Carle may not be the answer and Gavin Williams brought in to replace him has also not been 100% fit. I believe that finding and signing some decent midfielders is critical if we are to be in the running for a top 6 place come May. Of course, we could persuade Gerry Gow to donate some skin cells and grow a clone of him. :rolleyes:

OK, Nick Carle may not be the answer and Gavin Williams brought in to replace him has also not been 100% fit. I believe that finding and signing some decent midfielders is critical if we are to be in the running for a top 6 place come May. Of course, we could persuade Gerry Gow to donate some skin cells and grow a clone of him. :rolleyes:

Now that sounds like a plan.

Is this the same Nick Carle that rarely completes a full 90 minutes for Palace and was an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw with Wednesday?

Clearly Warnock rates him highly then.

umm, yes the one who creates goals and scores goals.

for the record he has completed more games than than been subbed, personally speaking though, I'd rather have a player that got subbed regulary if he is playing badly or gets subbed after getting a goal or an assist, than a player who doesn't get subbed and doesn't get goals or assists?

but still Warnock obviously rated him highly after seeing him 4 times against Palace and being willing to pay what double we paid for him, don't see anyone making any big money offers for your hero?

The ironic thing is, you still geninueally belive he was sold because he wasn't good enough, which just shows your lack basic understanding of football, he was sold because we needed the money to put towards a forward and possibly after Elliott he was our most valuable player.

Thing is when he's been driven out of this club and we miss him people will be moaning because we no longer have him.

Yes he hasn't been great lately but that's a confidence issue because of all the stick he is getting. LJ plays much better away from home and it isn't hard to figure out why.

for the record he has completed more games than than been subbed, personally speaking though, I'd rather have a player that got subbed regulary if he is playing badly or gets subbed after getting a goal or an assist, than a player who doesn't get subbed and doesn't get goals or assists?

but still Warnock obviously rated him highly after seeing him 4 times against Palace and being willing to pay what double we paid for him, don't see anyone making any big money offers for your hero?

The ironic thing is, you still geninueally belive he was sold because he wasn't good enough, which just shows your lack basic understanding of football, he was sold because we needed the money to put towards a forward and possibly after Elliott he was our most valuable player.

And yet Warnock had no competition from other clubs when he signed him. If he is as good as claimed why would that be? His first choice was Yeates but he failed a medical because of a persistent shoulder injury. Again if Carle would single handedly transform us why are Palace where they are? It puzzles me that dislike of Lee Johnson leads to people elevating Carle to the level of the new Gazza. Finally your assumption that we needed the money for a striker is just that. At the open day Steve stressed that we did not need to sell to buy and the decision to sell was a football one. Do I believe him or you?

LJ is not my hero - unlike Nick Carle to you.

I have more than a basic understanding of football thank you.

Goals and assists? How many does he have then?

Surely you want your best players to be playing alll the time - not sitting on the bench?

I'm not saying he wasn't a decent player - but you are elevating him to almost godlike status - which he clearly wasn't.

Surely you want your best players to be playing alll the time - not sitting on the bench?

I'm not saying he wasn't a decent player - but you are elevating him to almost godlike status - which he clearly wasn't.

A battling midfielder is hard to come by at this level and that's why I'm amazed that this club - after going to all the effort of signing Nick Carle from a Turkish club - let him go to Palarse our fierce rivals in this division.

2311427576-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-charlton-athletic-v-bristol.jpg

And yet Warnock had no competition from other clubs when he signed him. If he is as good as claimed why would that be? His first choice was Yeates but he failed a medical because of a persistent shoulder injury. Again if Carle would single handedly transform us why are Palace where they are? It puzzles me that dislike of Lee Johnson leads to people elevating Carle to the level of the new Gazza. Finally your assumption that we needed the money for a striker is just that. At the open day Steve stressed that we did not need to sell to buy and the decision to sell was a football one. Do I believe him or you?

Of Course, Lansdown is going to say that, but YES he did say that, but that was after Carle had been sold.

Warnock was the one who mentioned it that we needed the money to sign a forward, when he was signing Carle, he wasn't phoning about someone else and didn't think he would be able to get Carle until Gary mentioned him, Carle didn't get interest from other clubs, because no one was expecting us to sell him.

No one is comparing Carle to Gazza or Gerry Gow as other have suggested, just that he is a better midfield option to players currently left at the club,

A battling midfielder is hard to come by at this level and that's why I'm amazed that this club - after going to all the effort of signing Nick Carle from a Turkish club - let him go to Palarse our fierce rivals in this division.

2311427576-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-charlton-athletic-v-bristol.jpg

Surprised is the word I would have used. He seemed a useful player - but not the messiah some want to elevate him to.

Yes you do want your best players playing all the time, but modern football doens't work like that, all clubs rest their better players at times, much like Adebola was rested on saturday, Warnock has admitted that he with the amount of games they have had recently he took the chance to rest a few players after they have had 5 games in 10 days.

Carle, 3 goals and 3 assists this season last time I looked, and again no one is giving him god like status, just stating that he was better than what is currently left at the club,

I just find it disapointing that for years we have been crying out for a midfield partnership like, Carle/Elliott and we saw it for so few games, which is unfortunate.

Surprised is the word I would have used. He seemed a useful player - but not the messiah some want to elevate him to.

At no time has anyone stated that Nick Carle was a Messiah. Nick Carle was a hard working and hard running battling midfielder and I bet Alan Dicks would have kept him.

1174989346-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-charlton-athletic-v-bristol.jpg

Yes you do want your best players playing all the time, but modern football doens't work like that, all clubs rest their better players at times, much like Adebola was rested on saturday,

Ah yes, no doubt Watson will be rested next game then.

Of Course, Lansdown is going to say that, but YES he did say that, but that was after Carle had been sold.

Warnock was the one who mentioned it that we needed the money to sign a forward, when he was signing Carle, he wasn't phoning about someone else and didn't think he would be able to get Carle until Gary mentioned him, Carle didn't get interest from other clubs, because no one was expecting us to sell him.

No one is comparing Carle to Gazza or Gerry Gow as other have suggested, just that he is a better midfield option to players currently left at the club,

So not only should I believe you over Steve, who you say was lying, but I should believe Warnock, the bastion of truth and good sportsmanship, ahead of him as well. I'll need to think about that one.

Had enough of what, the crowd criticising one of his players?

Surely a manager wouldnt leave because of one player being abused. Thats what LJ is, or should be, just another player, so I don't see this as an issue.

I am sure he would have bee furious had any of his players recieved that sort of treatment. It was a sad day for BCFC, we have had many more worse players than LJ and they never got this sort of treatment. A player that not long ago helped win us promotion out of a leauge we were stuck in for ages.

Perhaps the boo boys would like there idol Tom Doc back in the side, Plese remind me of the success he brought to the club? And he only ever got admiration from the fans.

LJ is very inconsistant, he has had good games and bad this season, he is not good enough to take us forward - but does not deserve this. Elliot, Noble and Williams have all been a bit injury prone this season, hence why LJ starts a game so often. LJ is rarely subbed- ok, but does he deserve all this? And who has been consistant for us this term?

We are at present a mid-table side and no more, up against side on parachute payments with bigger fan bases than ours. But we can build slowly with what we have, and should be proud of all our players!

:disapointed2se:

So not only should I believe you over Steve, who you say was lying, but I should believe Warnock, the bastion of truth and good sportsmanship, ahead of him as well. I'll need to think about that one.

it's not about believing me, where have I said Steve was lying? what I am saying is that at the time of the Lansdown's comment it was revelant because Carle already had been sold, as for what Warnock said, why would he lie?

Personally I've always liked Neil Warnock as do many others and would have liked him as City manager in the past, because he is a winner, yes he has his rants, but 99% of the time, it's mind games or a post match rant, as Gary has said in the past, he's a brilliant bloke, just not a on a matchday.

Besides if we are going for a player in the summer of £1m plus after previous spending alot of money, then the money is having to come from somewhere other than Steve's pocket, Steve has said in the past he wants the club to be able to stand on it's own feet, so although he does inject cash regularly himself, we also need to reep some back in transfers.

Warnock's comments when signing Carle are below

The move for Carle comes as something as a shock considering the former Gençlerbirligi player only joined the Robins in January, but manager Neil Warnock revealed that he was confident of the deal once hearing counterpart Gary Johnson was willing to sell the midfielder.

He said: "It looked like we were going to lose Ben and I have been impressed with Nick when we played against him. We man-marked him to stop him from playing at Ashton Gate.

"We found out that Gary might sell him as his son was fit again and I knew that they needed money for strikers. It was a case of being in the right place at he right time really.

"I'm absolutely delighted with it. I think he is someone who we have needed.

"I think the fans will like him and he will compliment what we have already got. He can see a pass and has some good legs on him."

Perhaps the boo boys would like there idol Tom Doc back in the side, Plese remind me of the success he brought to the club? And he only ever got admiration from the fans.

Tommy Doc was a good central midfielder at Div 1 level - he was well liked because he did his job properly as a central midfielder i.e. he got stuck into some tackles and took the ball forward. How many tackles do you ever remember Tommy Doc shirking ???!!!

Tommy Doc was a good central midfielder at Div 1 level - he was well liked because he did his job properly as a central midfielder i.e. he got stuck into some tackles and took the ball forward. How many tackles do you ever remember Tommy Doc shirking ???!!!

LJ was also a good div 1 midfielder! - who helped get us promotion!

Now answer the question, what success did Tom Doc help bring the club?

I'm still waiting!

:fastasleep:

Yes! look at Crystal Palace flying high in the league at the moment- Carle must be playing out of his skin......erm.....Not!

11 Bristol City 15 1 21

17 Crystal Palace 15 0 17

hardly much of a differnce is it really? perhaps we would be higher if we had his goals/assits in our team?

LJ was also a good div 1 midfielder! - who helped get us promotion!

Now answer the question, what success did Tom Doc help bring the club?

I'm still waiting!

:fastasleep:

Being Key part of League One Runners Up Team

Key Part of LDV Final Win.

A number of VERY good performances at International Level against Spain and Italy.

Performances for City than won him a Transfer to a Championship Level Club.

11 Bristol City 15 1 21

17 Crystal Palace 15 0 17

hardly much of a differnce is it really? perhaps we would be higher if we had his goals/assits in our team?

If Palarse had Stern John, Dele Adebola, Nicky Maynard and Lee Trundle in front of their midfield - that includes Nick Carle - they'd be top. Our midfield is far too lightweight to supply the forwards. Where were the crosses from McInoe and Sproule against Reading - what was Lee Johnson up to while the Reading Royalists were cruising past him? The only one tackling in midfield was Marvin Elliott.

it's not about believing me, where have I said Steve was lying? what I am saying is that at the time of the Lansdown's comment it was revelant because Carle already had been sold, as for what Warnock said, why would he lie?

So what do you think GJ would tell him?

GJ: "Oh hi, Neil, would you like to buy Carle?"

NW: "Why are you selling?"

GJ: "err because I don't think he's any good umh, I need the money to buy a striker Neil :me?: "

Personally I've always liked Neil Warnock as do many others and would have liked him as City manager in the past, because he is a winner, yes he has his rants, but 99% of the time, it's mind games or a post match rant, as Gary has said in the past, he's a brilliant bloke, just not a on a matchday.

Besides if we are going for a player in the summer of £1m plus after previous spending alot of money, then the money is having to come from somewhere other than Steve's pocket, Steve has said in the past he wants the club to be able to stand on it's own feet, so although he does inject cash regularly himself, we also need to reep some back in transfers.

Warnock's comments when signing Carle are below

The move for Carle comes as something as a shock considering the former Gençlerbirligi player only joined the Robins in January, but manager Neil Warnock revealed that he was confident of the deal once hearing counterpart Gary Johnson was willing to sell the midfielder.

He said: "It looked like we were going to lose Ben and I have been impressed with Nick when we played against him. We man-marked him to stop him from playing at Ashton Gate.

"We found out that Gary might sell him as his son was fit again and I knew that they needed money for strikers. It was a case of being in the right place at he right time really.

"I'm absolutely delighted with it. I think he is someone who we have needed.

"I think the fans will like him and he will compliment what we have already got. He can see a pass and has some good legs on him."

Steve says the reason was not to fund buying a striker. You say that's not the case, based on Warnock's word. That implies Steve was not telling the truth and Warnock was. He claimed to know we needed money for strikers, contrary to what Steve says. Like you he was making an assumption and presenting it as fact.

Steve says the reason was not to fund buying a striker. You say that's not the case, based on Warnock's word. That implies Steve was not telling the truth and Warnock was. He claimed to know we needed money for strikers, contrary to what Steve says. Like you he was making an assumption and presenting it as fact.

We've got to move on from arguing about who said what. At the end of the day we've lost Nick Carle to our fierce rivals and our midfield is now being found to be too lightweight against the better opposition to supply what is now a great forward line.

Being Key part of League One Runners Up Team

Key Part of LDV Final Win.

A number of VERY good performances at International Level against Spain and Italy.

Performances for City than won him a Transfer to a Championship Level Club.

Wow! well you really got me there then.

Ok! so my choice of prize is Promotion to the Championship or a LDV trophy!!!!

Oh.........i just don't know which to choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:winner_third_h4h:

We've got to move on from arguing about who said what. At the end of the day we've lost Nick Carle to our fierce rivals and our midfield is now being found to be too lightweight against the better opposition to supply what is now a great forward line.

that's the key point.

If Palarse had Stern John, Dele Adebola, Nicky Maynard and Lee Trundle in front of their midfield - that includes Nick Carle - they'd be top. Our midfield is far too lightweight to supply the forwards. Where were the crosses from McInoe and Sproule against Reading - what was Lee Johnson up to while the Reading Royalists were cruising past him? The only one tackling in midfield was Marvin Elliott.

Can i borrow your crystal (palace) ball please?

Wow! well you really got me there then.

Ok! so my choice of prize is Promotion to the Championship or a LDV trophy!!!!

Oh.........i just don't know which to choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your missing the point, tommy got City promoted to the championship as well.

exactly, it's a fair comparsion, I'd take Tommy anyday of the week, on the basis that he isn't a bottler.

Archived