IGNORED

Johnson Not Happy.

Tom

Guest Bcfc Mike
Blimey GJ on world, he has finally mentioned the treatment of his son and how much of a shame it will be when he gets driven away!

Was also talking about being shouted at by the 'new fans' in the Williams and managed to have a pop at the Evening Post as well.

Something new! Not a happy clapper at all!

Yeah it makes me laugh he blames us in the williams everytime........but that roar yesterday came from every stand and thats fact....GJ has dug himself a hole by making LJ the player that is never subbed even when he has been awful...

Its time Gj really protected his son and moved him on for LJ's career sake....stcik him somewhere he can compete, like league 2

Guest Bcfc Mike
your very rite. he put the presure on the hole club talkin about premier league. far to loyal to this league 1 squad, awful tactics again and bad seletion. needs to wake up and smell the coffee soon

Brilliant comments.....GJ keeps going on how he has faith in his league 1 side and doesnt want to offend them by bringing in new players..........its now time to bring them in.........if we want to get to the prem we should be buying our players from the prem not from league 1 and the conference???

Yeah it makes me laugh he blames us in the williams everytime........but that roar yesterday came from every stand and thats fact....GJ has dug himself a hole by making LJ the player that is never subbed even when he has been awful...

Its time Gj really protected his son and moved him on for LJ's career sake....stcik him somewhere he can compete, like league 2

I was in the Atyeo Stand and saw that there were literally hundreds of fans leaving the Dolman Stand just 10 minutes into the second half after Reading's fourth goal was scored. Gary Johnson should be more worried by that than moaning about the crowd reaction for the long overdue substitutions.

Guest Bcfc Mike
I was in the Atyeo Stand and saw that there were literally hundreds of fans leaving the Dolman Stand just 10 minutes into the second half after Reading's fourth goal was scored. Gary Johnson should be more worried by that than moaning about the crowd reaction for the long overdue substitutions.

Very good point.....because i'm sure SL is?? as those people might not be back and to an accountant thats not good

Very good point.....because i'm sure SL is?? as those people might not be back and to an accountant thats not good

Always one to flog a dead horse, I'd like to remind people that Nick Carle was an entertaining, hard working and battling midfielder last season - just the type of midfielder we needed yesterday. Just the type of player that keeps bums on seats and the club sold him to one of our fiercest rivals in this division. :whistle2:

Well please accept my profound apologies that i reacted in such a pig ignorant way to another 'supporter' finding it amusing that our manager is so pissed off. What was i thinking?

I more than have the capacity to discuss reasonable or salient points with anyone, but i thought, and still do, that the comment by Dezgimed warranted my response 'IN MY OPINION' (ring any bells?). And i DO NOT categorise people in such a way as to intimate that they are far less of a supporter than myself. If i have an OPINION that differs from them then i am perfectly entitled to put it across.

You clearly misunderstood what I found funny.

From him slating the Evil Post, yes. don't you?

The Gassey journalists at the Bristol Evening Post are there to be sniped at and shot down at every opportunity. The Evening Post represents a legitimate target for the discerning BCFC Red Army supporter. There's one sure way to re-unite the management of this club and its supporters and that's by having a go at the Bristol Evening Post. :winner_third_h4h:

Guest LJ is our King
Brilliant comments.....GJ keeps going on how he has faith in his league 1 side and doesnt want to offend them by bringing in new players..........its now time to bring them in.........if we want to get to the prem we should be buying our players from the prem not from league 1 and the conference???

yea lets go and by ronaldo and rooney, be realistic we can't afford the wages of ex-prem players, if we could we would have signed kevin phillips

Guest LJ is our King
Always one to flog a dead horse, I'd like to remind people that Nick Carle was an entertaining, hard working and battling midfielder last season - just the type of midfielder we needed yesterday. Just the type of player that keeps bums on seats and the club sold him to one of our fiercest rivals in this division. :whistle2:

nick carle was bought on youtube GJ saw some of his tricks on there, carle was playing in the turkish league for an obscure team and for some reason we decided to start his career for him, as i have heard someone on this forum say before, nick carle is like maradona without the good bits he all he can do is pass, he can't create chances and he can't score so what was the point of having him as an attacking midfielder, we got at least double what we paid for him and then we bought gavin williams who has already scored more for us than carle ever did. now can we please shut up about carle he doesn't play for us.

I should imagine that these so called "fans" are the same fans who bought there season tickets in March on the strength that they'd get to see Man Utd and Liverpool here this season,the same fans who left Wembley without appluading the players efforts in a remarkable season and of course the same fans who didn't leave early when we beat Palace/Rotherham but went onto the pitch claiming to be real die hard fans.

Well I'm sorry but fans/supporters don't simply jump ship just because things aren't going very well,real fans stay with the players and make light of the situation,I think the East End reaction to what was happening was first class,with the lads till the end.

Oh and btw I was also one of the 700 people locked in the prison at Swansea before all of this success came our way,that my friend was true torture but I stuck by the club as I always will,and another thing Reading won 3-0 at Wolves the other week,what makes anyone think that we are above any such defeat.

To me 12000 screaming,singing fans is far better than sell-out libraries,that only wake up when things are going wrong,ever occurred to you that encouraging the players whilst there down might be better than making them feel worse than they already do?

Anyways rant over,off to buy my tickets for Preston away,see you all there

I should imagine that these so called "fans" are the same fans who bought there season tickets in March on the strength that they'd get to see Man Utd and Liverpool here this season,the same fans who left Wembley without appluading the players efforts in a remarkable season and of course the same fans who didn't leave early when we beat Palace/Rotherham but went onto the pitch claiming to be real die hard fans.

Well I'm sorry but fans/supporters don't simply jump ship just because things aren't going very well,real fans stay with the players and make light of the situation,I think the East End reaction to what was happening was first class,with the lads till the end.

Oh and btw I was also one of the 700 people locked in the prison at Swansea before all of this success came our way,that my friend was true torture but I stuck by the club as I always will,and another thing Reading won 3-0 at Wolves the other week,what makes anyone think that we are above any such defeat.

To me 12000 screaming,singing fans is far better than sell-out libraries,that only wake up when things are going wrong,ever occurred to you that encouraging the players whilst there down might be better than making them feel worse than they already do?

Fair comment, but at the end of the day our future success will be built on keeping those 'early leaver' type of fans happy and keeping their bums on the seats. Chelsea FC often had gates of just 16,000 at Stamford Bridge 12 years ago for Premier League games and now they're packed with 42,000 for every game. It's the fans and generosity of our Chairman currently paying Gary Johnson and Co the money. Fair weather fans are a big part of today's game and it's bad news seeing them leave early in such droves.

This talk about us needing to sign players of real quality makes me laugh. To many players up and down the country, we are not a big club, in fact I think many people still look at us as a club that has just come up. It takes more than one good season to change people's minds about that. In my view we are progressing nicely, losing 4-1 yesterday was a shock to many but personally I thought we had it coming to us. I was talking yesterday about how we don't seem to be the same as last season regarding results etc, my explanation for this is that whilst the teams we were competing with last season have bought brilliant players with real quality, we have bought potential prospects (Maynard etc). The reason for this is because we cant afford these type of players, but I don't honestly think they would come to us anyway. As a neutral would you choose us over Wolves or Birmingham?

Back on the topic of the thread, Johnson was poor yesterday but my goodness some people don't half over-react to it (spelling?). It seems to me that whenever the team don't do as expected Johnson is the easy scapegoat. The comment up the page about him belonging in league 2 was supidity. Lee is a good player but I would agree that sometimes he needs to be dropped/rested. The reaction to ironically cheer him when he was subbed was pretty poor though and I'm not suprised Gary got annoyed with it.

Your ' I'm the best City fan ever' T-shirt is in the post. :rolleyes:

Surely the chear was for not just Johnson being subbed but that Gary finally realised that he had to do something. Just a shame he left it 30minutes too late.

I've been saying this time and time again! It's not necessarily the fact that 25, or 50 or 75 per cent of supporters hate Lee Johnson, because that's not the case. I don't particularly rate him highly enough to hold down a regularly place in a top team in this division, but I don't hate him. The point is, it was an ironic cheer that his father had finally seen fit to take him off - for only about the third time in a home match in the three years he's been here! And the last time was in the last home game five minutes from the end of the game.

Doesn't that say something?! Lee Johnson has had far worse games than yesterday, but stayed on the pitch. And yesterday, Gary could have changed about seven players at half-time (I thought Basso, Fontaine, Elliott and John were the only ones who came close to playing to their true ability...).

The point is, in those DIRE circumstances, GJ finally saw fit to use one of his three subs to take his son off, and not before time many people thought. I admit, I was pleased to see him taken off yesterday. At some point we needed a change in the centre. He's not been playing well recently, and we need a change in the centre. Williams and Noble have both been available at different points over the last month and I would have liked to have seen them given a go in the centre alongside ME.

I'm no doom-and-gloom merchant, spouting forth about favouritism and nepotism, clamouring for Lee Johnson's head; but there are people on this forum and at the ground who defend him no matter what. No matter how many times he gives the ball away. No matter how many times he fails to shoot, or passes backwards instead of forwards, or fails to chase back. No player is perfect (save for maybe Gerrard...) and people have to realise that players will get criticised if they make mistakes.

It must be hard for a father to take, and I really feel sorry for him being in that position of having to manage that, but Gary has to admit that quite a few thousand people were pleased to see his son substituted yesterday. Were they all wrong?!?

Easy to generalise, but that's wrong. One fan who sits in front of me in the Atyeo, left 10 mins early and he's one of the most dedicated supporters there.

He's been going for donkey's years, when we were at our lowest ebb, comes to every match, home and away, brings all his kids, swears like a trouper and always starts off the singing.

He is as dedicated as they come and he wasn't alone in the missing the end of that match yesterday. Lots more were pretty disgusted by it, but I (a season-ticket holder) still stayed to clap them off, as did my brother who is much more of a part-timer.

yea lets go and by ronaldo and rooney, be realistic we can't afford the wages of ex-prem players, if we could we would have signed kevin phillips

Yeah.Kevin phillips would of cost us £2M in wages on a free transfer.........not a good buy in your eyes...........lets pay £2,25M for bloody maynard instead.........and then wait fokin 4 years for him to develope.........

GJ is talkin prem mate............so why shouldnt we expect better players..........it was a no brainer phillips or maynard..........uuuuummmmmmmmm i think we made a big mistake if GJ wants prem this year or next....

Guest LJ is our King
Yeah.Kevin phillips would of cost us £2M in wages on a free transfer.........not a good buy in your eyes...........lets pay £2,25M for bloody maynard instead.........and then wait fokin 4 years for him to develope.........

GJ is talkin prem mate............so why shouldnt we expect better players..........it was a no brainer phillips or maynard..........uuuuummmmmmmmm i think we made a big mistake if GJ wants prem this year or next....

phillips's wages are probably at least 3 times that

Easy to generalise, but that's wrong. One fan who sits in front of me in the Atyeo, left 10 mins early and he's one of the most dedicated supporters there.

He's been going for donkey's years, when we were at our lowest ebb, comes to every match, home and away, brings all his kids, swears like a trouper and always starts off the singing.

He is as dedicated as they come and he wasn't alone in the missing the end of that match yesterday. Lots more were pretty disgusted by it, but I (a season-ticket holder) still stayed to clap them off, as did my brother who is much more of a part-timer.

I know what you're saying mate and I agree it is easy to generalise,I've just never understood why it happens,it wouldn't bug me so much if people left early when we are on the verge of promotion/play-off finals etc....,I also realise that die hard fans will walk out on the team at times,and people like that guy are what has kept this club afloat over the years,it's just the same match against the same opposition not too long ago would've brought a crowd of around 11000 and a comfortable win,yet 18000 yesterday and a heavy defeat.

I don't think it does anyone much good really,let me put it too you like this,if with half an hour left at 4-0 down all the players said right thats it we give up,lets go home,what would people make of that? on the other hand if we were winning a match and the crowd was a bit quiet and they stormed out......

If the boot was able to be placed on the other foot what would be made of that?

I stayed till the end as always, but I have to say, they really didn't deserve to be clapped off.

They are more than willing to accept the applause when we are doing well, but they have to be willing to accept stick if they put in a performance like that.

Back on the topic of the thread, Johnson was poor yesterday but my goodness some people don't half over-react to it (spelling?). It seems to me that whenever the team don't do as expected Johnson is the easy scapegoat. The comment up the page about him belonging in league 2 was supidity. Lee is a good player but I would agree that sometimes he needs to be dropped/rested. The reaction to ironically cheer him when he was subbed was pretty poor though and I'm not suprised Gary got annoyed with it.

the subbing of LJ got the reaction because it was so rare and because he is NEVER rested. IMO if he wasnt always the first name on the team sheet this whole issue wouldnt exist. he is far from useless, but he is not our best player so why does he always start even if he has a mare the previous week. the reaction was wrong but its going to happen because people get infuriated with this.

he has qualities, always there to help us retain possesion, good set peice delivery but for me his all round game just isnt there. certainly not chapmionship standard. GJ goes on about how he likes the championship athleticism/physicality of players. LJ is the complete antethsis of this, not his fault thats the way he was born. but sides like, reading and wolves are exploiting it. not just with him. sproule is also too lighweight.

the championship midfield area is like a battleground akin to UFC at times. sides such as wolves with that henry, brum with carsley and the and harper and his mate yesterday are just physically too much for us. at least until marvin gets his legs back as for me he is still behind after no pre-season.

the subbing of LJ got the reaction because it was so rare and because he is NEVER rested. IMO if he wasnt always the first name on the team sheet this whole issue wouldnt exist. he is far from useless, but he is not our best player so why does he always start even if he has a mare the previous week. the reaction was wrong but its going to happen because people get infuriated with this.

he has qualities, always there to help us retain possesion, good set peice delivery but for me his all round game just isnt there. certainly not chapmionship standard. GJ goes on about how he likes the championship athleticism/physicality of players. LJ is the complete antethsis of this, not his fault thats the way he was born. but sides like, reading and wolves are exploiting it. not just with him. sproule is also too lighweight.

the championship midfield area is like a battleground akin to UFC at times. sides such as wolves with that henry, brum with carsley and the and harper and his mate yesterday are just physically too much for us. at least until marvin gets his legs back as for me he is still behind after no pre-season.

Not condoning the reaction, but your post is spot on mate, in a nutshell. Well done. :city:

Guest LJ is our King
Battling midfielders.

What's that old saying? You never know what you're missing.......

2311427576-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-charlton-athletic-v-bristol.jpg

1174989346-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-charlton-athletic-v-bristol.jpg

429104805-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-play-semi-final-second.jpg

...'til it's gone?..........

2594154253-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-nottingham-forest-v-crystal.jpg

is the nick carle boot licking over now? can we actually get back to what this topic is about? by the way two of those pictures are actually of carle being tackled by holland and watson

Archived