IGNORED

David Noble Bashers

dezgimed

bh red, you're dead right as Neil Warnock is one of the shrewdest managers in this division. I got the idea he was surprised by the passion of the supporters at this club and holds us in high regard as a result.

Neil Warnock was quoted about 5 years ago as saying he would love to manage us, he felt the club had so much potentiel and a passionate crowd.

Neil Warnock was quoted about 5 years ago as saying he would love to manage us, he felt the club had so much potentiel and a passionate crowd.

The passion at this club is intense and we've not even known top flight football for almost 30 years. As for the potential, this club is like a coiled spring ready for release to propel us back to the top flight. We just need the right management as we've now got a Chairman putting money where his mouth is and a fanbase hungry for success. I saw Neil Warnock on the coach after his Palarse Eagles were defeated in the play-off semis at Ashton Gate and he had that kind of envious look on his face that suggested he wished he was manager of this club. Gary Johnson's got another 4 seasons worth of contract left to prove himself as a top flight BCFC manager and I hope he does.

Fair enough.

But Gary Johnson has both David Noble and Lee Johnson available for selection on a fairly regular basis and almost always selects Lee ahead of Noble.

Why do you think that is?

Well, I had always assumed that its because he feels Lee Johnson is the better player, but my interpretation of your comment is an implication that you know there to be more to it than that.

So what is it?

Fair enough.

But Gary Johnson has both David Noble and Lee Johnson available for selection on a fairly regular basis and almost always selects Lee ahead of Noble.

Why do you think that is?

I'm not going to say it, but surely your post is begging for someone to respond with a one word answer beginnging with 'n' and ending in 'epotism'...

being an alleged drunk is the kind of supposed character assasination GJ is into, he got rid of all our players that used to go out every friday night and replaced them with proper pros

So if noble is a "Drunk" why did johnson offer him a new deal? surely he would of released him and replaced him with

someone who isn't a drunk???

what a load of carp. Carle was signed for 600k for us, and in 6 months increased his value to £1.2m and was signed by one of the shrewdest managers in this divison and was rated many Media outlets as a key signing for them? he was sold for ONE REASON and ONE REASON only we needed the money for a striker.

If we were too sale LJ or Noble we wouldn't get 600k for either of them, maybe not even both of them combined, let alone £1.2m for one of them.

while I agree with your reason being a good reason for his sale I would question whether it was the shrewdest manager who bought him for 1.2m or the one who bought him for 600k and sold him for 1.2m.

What would he fetch today?

while I agree with your reason being a good reason for his sale I would question whether it was the shrewdest manager who bought him for 1.2m or the one who bought him for 600k and sold him for 1.2m.

What would he fetch today?

What price do you put on promotion? If we don't shore up that midfield with someone of Nick Carle's battling quality we'll get a mid table finish at best. With Jamie McAllister out we also need a proper left back player.

So if noble is a "Drunk" why did johnson offer him a new deal? surely he would of released him and replaced him with

exactly......this is a comment that has been said before, but is conviently ignored by some.

Guest LJ is our King

for christ's sake i said alleged, i didn't say he was a drunk i said that i'd heard from other people that he was a drunk, personally i would disagree with GJ on this point, if he scores and creates goals i don't care if he's a drunk, but GJ does

IMO Nobes should be given more of a chance to play in the first team as he is at this moment

only been on the bench two times and one of those times he bloody scored !

i stick him in CM or put him CAM instead of LJ anyday, vision is top class

When he's fit (as in not injured; I'm not sure his level of fitness is as high as most of the squad) he's our most talented player IMO so by all means play him. However from what I've seen he works best in a 5 man midfield where he doesn't have to get up and down the pitch so much and can concentrate on using his skills in forward positions. I still fail to see the point of playing a right winger in a 4-4-2 when we don't have an effective one.

for christ's sake i said alleged, i didn't say he was a drunk i said that i'd heard from other people that he was a drunk, personally i would disagree with GJ on this point, if he scores and creates goals i don't care if he's a drunk, but GJ does

Thats all it is though hear say.... so what if he has a few drinks he's not going out tommy style beng sick on the pitch and when he plays he is by far the best midfielder we have, he has fantastic technqiue and skills.

I see him as the solution to our scoring problem, he's proved he's good enough with vital goals... preston, palace, plymouth to name a few even if it is for 60 mins or so he will create chances and score the odd goal which is more then our current centre midfield are doing. Maybe a return to the 4-4-1-1 system will work as johnson and nobes will both get a game and LJ may shine ina 5 man midfield???

Guest LJ is our King
Thats all it is though hear say.... so what if he has a few drinks he's not going out tommy style beng sick on the pitch and when he plays he is by far the best midfielder we have, he has fantastic technqiue and skills.

I see him as the solution to our scoring problem, he's proved he's good enough with vital goals... preston, palace, plymouth to name a few even if it is for 60 mins or so he will create chances and score the odd goal which is more then our current centre midfield are doing. Maybe a return to the 4-4-1-1 system will work as johnson and nobes will both get a game and LJ may shine ina 5 man midfield???

that actually sums up my opinion

Guest LJ is our King
best GAME i've ever seen

talk about mixed emotions !

both legs of the playoffs were pretty intense, although i am wondering if i should go to any more finals, i've been to the playoff final against brighon - we lost, the jpt (then auto windscreens shield) against stoke - we lost and the lastplayoff final and obviously we lost. The only one i didn't go to was when we won the ldv trophy

both legs of the playoffs were pretty intense, although i am wondering if i should go to any more finals, i've been to the playoff final against brighon - we lost, the jpt (then auto windscreens shield) against stoke - and the lastplayoff final and obviously we lost. The only one i didn't go to was when we won the ldv trophy

we'll cross that bridge when we get to it mate :noexpression:

Guest LJ is our King
we'll cross that bridge when we get to it mate :noexpression:

i hope we encounter that particular bridge, i'll flip a coin to decide wether i go or not

Same old, Noble likes a drink, Noble cant last 90 minutes.

Again I ask does anyone have any evidence or proof of this?

I defy anyone to have 90 minutes of match fitness when they barely play any competitive football.

I guess it's easy to bang out acusations like these when it acts favorably for your own argument, for example when defending LJ. I hear stupid comments like ''He just doesnt have the natural fitness'', well logic dictates if he gets (entire) games under his belt, he might just reach the desired level, unless his cardiovascular system has a major flaw and is unlike that of any other professional athlete.

You've got to be Nobles MOTHER to defend him that much!

:disapointed2se:

Whereas people like yourself who defend Johnson to the hilt and call David Noble "allegedly a drunk" in another thread are not being hypocritical in the slightest are they? If Dezgimed ever criticises LJ it is on his perception of LJ's football ability rather than the type of character assassination you are obviously into.

You Hypocrite!

Guest LJ is our King
You've got to be Nobles MOTHER to defend him that much!

i bet all the player's mums are on here, which member do you reckon is mrs basso?

Give me some of what David Noble's been drinking. :winner_third_h4h:

We all know - and the nation knows - what Nick Carle and David Noble were able to do against Palarse at Palarse in the play-off semi final last season. Nick Carle's brave knock down header to the boot of Noble who subsequently rippled the back of the net of one of THE best goalies the Southern hemisphere has ever produced. Stuff of legends.

Just seen DN coming out of Threshers, with a hell of a six-pack!

So when did GJ put David Noble on the transfer list for being a drunk then?

He has'nt but there have been many clubs eager to sign our unfit, crock-magnet, one half wonder - play boy!

These clubs include.......ummmm......ah.......wellll.........Forest Green, no i meant...ummm anyway thats not the point!......or is it?

Nick Carle was bought by Palarse for a £million. Neil Warnock is no idiot and he knows he got a good bargain. Seriously, would we be able to sell Lee Johnson for a £million? That's the acid test as to who's the most valuable midfielder.

Sorry.....but thats exactly what Neil Warnock is!

David Noble's shock first-half opener against Middlesbrough away at the Riverside was another legendary goal. Noble stormed through the middle of the park to beat Schwarzer in February 2007 live on TV for the world to see. Why the hell isn't Gary Johnson playing Noble more often ???!!!!

More to the point with your perception...why the hell are'nt you the City manager?

Your a sheer genious!.......not!

I personally thought that Noble had seen his best days in our promotion season in league 1, and in the two palace games and that this season he might not see much in the way of first team football, however after seeing him again on Saturday I can't help but think he should at least be on the bench to add another option to our midfield?

Archived