IGNORED

David Noble Bashers

dezgimed

Noble and Elliott are shown to be controlling the midfield against Premier League opposition?

Lee Johnson played the whole of that game.

Anyway, I like both David Noble and Lee Johnson as people and as players and, personally, would like to have both in my team. I don't quite understand this apparent taking of sides, where people have to like one or the other.

Anyway, I like both David Noble and Lee Johnson as people and as players and, personally, would have like to have both in my team. I don't quite understand this apparent taking of sides, where people have to like one or the other.

I do agree with this - Noble's a City player, and he's a good one. So's Johnson. We should be getting behind both of them,

Anyway, I like both David Noble and Lee Johnson as people and as players and, personally, would like to have both in my team. I don't quite understand this apparent taking of sides, where people have to like one or the other.

I agree. I do think one is more talented than the other - But the other is nearly always fit and available for selection.

Like you said, why take sides?

Lee Johnson played the whole of both those games too.

Just goes to prove what I wrote about Lee Johnson being an excellent player for us at Div 1 level. :whistle2:

Post No. 119 at the link below.....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107599&st=90

...plus what have you done with the Lee Johnson topic with about 5,000 views? I wrote the same sentiments in that thread.

Just goes to prove what I wrote about Lee Johnson being an excellent player for us at Div 1 level. :whistle2:

Post No. 119 at the link below.....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107599&st=90

...plus what have you done with the Lee Johnson topic with about 5,000 views? I wrote the same sentiments in that thread.

I thought it showed he can control the midfield against Premier League opposition. ;)

The other thread was removed, as it contained numerous unsubstantiated allegations about a player's off field activities and we didn't feel putting 'allegedly' after such an accusation made it acceptable.

The problem is that you can't have both in the side unless you go five in midfield as neither Noble or Johnson are wingers in any way, shape or form. The majority of Lee Johnson's best displays for this football club have coincided with being alongside Noble in a five man midfield in my opinion. However if we go five in midfield do we go 3-5-2 or 4-5-1?

I thought it showed he can control the midfield against Premier League opposition. ;)

The other thread was removed, as it contained numerous unsubstantiated allegations about a player's off field activities and we didn't feel putting 'allegedly' after such an accusation made it acceptable.

Well done Edson in removing the "allegations". Common sense prevailed.

Lee Johnson used to be able to help control the midfield against decent opposition but he hasn't been able to do it this season.

As for removing the whole Lee Johnson topic, could you have not just removed the offending posts within it?

The problem is that you can't have both in the side unless you go five in midfield as neither Noble or Johnson are wingers in any way, shape or form. The majority of Lee Johnson's best displays for this football club have coincided with being alongside Noble in a five man midfield in my opinion. However if we go five in midfield do we go 3-5-2 or 4-5-1?

With everyone fit, I would play:

.............................Basso...........................................

Wilson.........Carey...............Fontaine.............McAllister

Noble..........Johnson..............Elliott.................McIndoe

................................Trundle.....................................

................................Adebola.....................................

I genuinely believe that 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1, if you prefer) suits us best and I think the results when playing that way back that up.

Lee Johnson used to be able to help control the midfield against decent opposition but he hasn't been able to do it this season.

As for removing the whole Lee Johnson topic, could you have not just removed the offending posts within it?

Probably. If I had a spare couple of hours to spare.

Don't worry. Like buses, I'm sure there'll be another three along any minute now.

With everyone fit, I would play:

...Basso....

Wilson.........Carey..Fontaine.............McAllister

Noble..........Johnson.Elliott....McIndoe

......Trundle...........

......Adebola...........

I genuinely believe that 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1, if you prefer) suits us best and I think the results when playing that way back that up.

It's worth remembering that we played 4-5-1 for the majority of last season, and ir didn't work too badly at all. This is a decent enough team, particularly if you have someone like Sproule to come off the banch in the last twenty minutes.

this kind of topic is utterly pointless, we are never going to agree. None of us know GJ's reasons for not picking noble, if we knew these kinds of things we'd all be managers

only GJ knows why he don't pick noble ahead of LJ and even though lee had a bad game i don't think GJ will change it which will be a shame,,its the only way that the club will get the best out of LJ and more consistancey from nobby...

Put it this way

LJ pretty much started and ended every game (bar about 6 end of last season)

scored 6 goals

thats about

125 or so games ?

For a CM thats bloody appauling!

Its actually 6 goals in 95 league starts.

Its not great but Johnson hasnt has a role in the team where hes meant to score. He scored a few more for Yeovil but hes never had a great scoring ratio.

Its actually 6 goals in 95 league starts.

Its not great but Johnson hasnt has a role in the team where hes meant to score. He scored a few more for Yeovil but hes never had a great scoring ratio.

well what use is a CM that:

Has no aerial ability

No strength

No tackling ability

And can't score ?

Has no aerial ability

No strength

No tackling ability

And can't score ?

It's the lack of tackling that concerns me most. 'numbeast' in another topic reminded me of Steve Galliers - he must have been about the same height as Lee Johnson or maybe smaller and he was a ferocious midfield tackler and asset to any side.

It's the lack of tackling that concerns me most. 'numbeast' in another topic reminded me of Steve Galliers - he must have been about the same height as Lee Johnson or maybe smaller and he was a ferocious midfield tackler and asset to any side.

You're mad on occasions, aren't you Gobbers?

Galliers was utterly useless for us, as having been schooled in the Wimbledon way of kicking people, he couldn't actually control or pass the ball, which are fairly useful assets for a midfielder. If you can't recall then his next port of call after BS3 was Maidstone....

We were a poor side in the league below when he played for us, I wonder why that was?

You're mad on occasions, are you Gobbers?

Galliers was utterly useless for us, as having been schooled in the Wimbledon way of kicking people, he couldn't actually control or pass the ball, which are fairly useful assets for a midfielder. If you can't recall then his next port of call after BS3 was Maidstone....

We were a poor side in the league below when he played for us, I wonder why that was?

It was 'numbeast' that reminded me of Steve Galliers and I thought he was part of Joe Jordan's promotion winning side. The Wimbledon way of kicking people got them into the top flight if I remember right. Things are getting desperate after almost 30 years out of the top flight - our side needs to learn to kick and tackle. :whistle2:

Has no aerial ability

No strength

No tackling ability

And can't score ?

He does tackle more then people give him credit for. Tackling and defending arent just about flying in like Elliot, Johnson is one of the fittest players we have and is often closing down spaces and players.

I think Johnson has done well this season when Williams was playing and Johnson was playing further up the pitch. However Johnson's role is usually playing deeper, like an Alonso or Carrick, obviously not as good though. If anyone thinks thats wrong then blame the manager, not Lee.

Archived