IGNORED

Boothroyd Gone!

Red Cloud

From today's Watford Observer....

Also at: http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/wha...onfidence_vote/

Watford board facing no confidence vote

10:12am Monday 3rd November 2008

By Anthony Matthews

Watford's board is to face a vote of no confidence and a demand for the immediate resignation of its three directors - chairman Graham Simpson, chief executive Mark Ashton and Andrew Wilson - after a date for the emergency general meeting was confirmed to the Stock Exchange this morning.

The resolution has been tabled by Valley Grown Salads, the company of former Hornets directors Jimmy and Vince Russo, and it will be discussed at the meeting on Monday, December 1 at 11am at Vicarage Road Stadium.

However, the brothers are unlikely to get their wish because the board has received "irrevocable undertakings" from shareholders representing 54 per cent of Watford's parent company, Watford Leisure Plc, to vote against the resolution.

Other matters the brothers intend to raise include Watford's current financial position and directors' salaries for this season and the previous two.

In a letter to shareholders, the chairman also confirmed the club's annual general meeting will be held at the same time because "the board sees no benefit in going to the expense of holding a separate general meeting so soon before the AGM at which these issues could have been raised but we are nonetheless obliged, in accordance with the requirements placed upon us by statute, to do so".

Additional story in today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/marketf.../nov/03/watford

Honestly,

I wouldn't blame Gary if he wanted to go considering the way he's been treated this season

What you mean the miserly 5year contract :noexpression: yep know what you mean should of been 10yrs min :rolleyes:

This is the one club that GJ would LOVE to manage, and I can imagine he would jump at the chance saying he has taking City as far as they can go. (Bottom of L1 to Championship play off is not bad).

Contracts and money etc is always sorted out behind closed doors and if he wants to go, SL cant really stand in his way.

This is the one club that GJ would LOVE to manage, and I can imagine he would jump at the chance saying he has taking City as far as they can go. (Bottom of L1 to Championship play off is not bad).

Contracts and money etc is always sorted out behind closed doors and if he wants to go, SL cant really stand in his way.

Anyone would have thought GJ haad gone thw ay some people are posting.

To be honest i don't really see what the attraction would be to Watford, i know Gj has got history there but finacially they are in a terrible state and he would have literally no money in January,they showed there lack of ambition by selling players like Ellington and Henderson beacause they culdnt afford them, also there attendenecs are worst thean ours.

I really cant see it happening to be honest, if GJ would be tempted away it would be by a Prem club.

If GJ does express an interest in the Watford job (only an "if") then how would that be any different from a player like Nick Carle who GJ was happy to let go because he showed an interest in the Palace approach, or Mifsud and other potential near-signings that (my paraphrasing) "didn't want to play for or commit to Bristol City".

Really hope this is all just nonsense, as Saturday's defeat and everything attached to it seems to have been blown all out of proportion. If GJ goes, let's get Wardy back. He's available. :icecream:

People need to take a proper look at the state of Watford before suggesting this.

They are dead broke to a laughable extent, they are no longer top half championship side with Premier League aspirations. They have absolutely no chance of getting promoted any time soon and in there current state stand more chance of dropping down a division.

Any decent player (tommy smith) they have will be sold at end of the season, they have no transfer budget and a rubbish ground.

unless a new owner comes in with new board and injects bundles of cash they will not be worrying the Premier League any time soon. Gary has got a well cushdy setup here, even if hes been a die hard ford fan since he was knee high he wouldnt take that job at the moment.

not a worry presently.

People need to forget about the reading result, it was dissapointing as we were rubbish but they were class from start to finish. thats what it would be like to play in the prem every week. aside from that we have competed in every game this season and are still reasonably well positiond without finding any real sort of form.

Gary to watford = no chance

From today's Watford Observer....

Also at: http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/wha...onfidence_vote/

Watford board facing no confidence vote

10:12am Monday 3rd November 2008

By Anthony Matthews

Watford's board is to face a vote of no confidence and a demand for the immediate resignation of its three directors - chairman Graham Simpson, chief executive Mark Ashton and Andrew Wilson - after a date for the emergency general meeting was confirmed to the Stock Exchange this morning.

The resolution has been tabled by Valley Grown Salads, the company of former Hornets directors Jimmy and Vince Russo, and it will be discussed at the meeting on Monday, December 1 at 11am at Vicarage Road Stadium.

However, the brothers are unlikely to get their wish because the board has received "irrevocable undertakings" from shareholders representing 54 per cent of Watford's parent company, Watford Leisure Plc, to vote against the resolution.

Other matters the brothers intend to raise include Watford's current financial position and directors' salaries for this season and the previous two.

In a letter to shareholders, the chairman also confirmed the club's annual general meeting will be held at the same time because "the board sees no benefit in going to the expense of holding a separate general meeting so soon before the AGM at which these issues could have been raised but we are nonetheless obliged, in accordance with the requirements placed upon us by statute, to do so".

Additional story in today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/marketf.../nov/03/watford

sounds like another southampton situation! Would Johnson want to work in that situation? I think not. Whether he has a love for Waford is irrelevant as he would never get the support Lansdown gives him at city. Bad times ahead for wa tford and another club who have suffered since being relegated from the Prem and losing their parachute payments.

Sorry but I repeat this on every rumour of Gary leaving (which seems to be wishful thinking in some cases). At the open day Steve was asked whether Gary might leave. His response was that he was not interested in managing any other Championship club and only a significant Prem club (he gave Spurs as an example) would tempt him. That doesn't I suppose rule out the possibility that he might walk if he gets too pissed off with the negativity down here. Not to Watford though, a club in financial and football free fall, nor Charlton, likewise.

Watford have got no money at the moment, get lower average crowds than us and really wouldn't be a step up at all. More of a sideways step if you be polite about their current situation. Granted City have an annoyingly fickle element of support at times but I imagine it would be the same at Watford. I'd be more worried about Keith Millen being poached and getting his first step into management!! Unless a foreign billionaire comes there in the next few weeks or Elton sells a few more records and gets involved, I seriously doubt Watford would be able to afford the compensation....haven't their parachute payments stopped now?

Mackay is now their caretaker manager(with Sean Dyche as one of his assistants!!)!! So much for Aidy Boothroyd being the next England manager eh?!

Interesting article here:

http://www.watford.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=130648

Apparently John Ward is a likely target as he'd be cheap!! Or they'll stick with Mackay if he does well. High profile, expensive candidates are unlikely!

Anyway.....are any of you that are touting him as the next manager wanting Gary Johnson to leave? Hopefully he's here to stay and get us up where we belong!!

And contrary to what a small minority have said on this thread, it would be an utter disaster if he left City. Simple as that.

Exagerate much?

I'm in the small minority and I think (if he goes which he won't anyway) we will bring in the right person and kick on next season. Simple as that (as you seem to use as some sort of ABSOLUTE debate win).

Exagerate much?

I'm in the small minority and I think (if he goes which he won't anyway) we will bring in the right person and kick on next season. Simple as that (as you seem to use as some sort of ABSOLUTE debate win).

In my reckoning since 82 we've had 3 good managers - Cooper, Jordan & Johnson. We've had at least 6 bad ones. Purely based on that I can't see any positive angle to Johnson going (not that I think he will).

In my reckoning since 82 we've had 3 good managers - Cooper, Jordan & Johnson. We've had at least 6 bad ones. Purely based on that I can't see any positive angle to Johnson going (not that I think he will).

Would agree, except I reckon John Ward deserves some credit.

Exagerate much?

It's my opinion, and only yours that I'm exagerating.

Look at the players in our squad and who they play for - the manager. Only Carey and Orr as regulars remain from pre-Johnson days.

It's everything GJ has done to transform this club on and off the pitch. We'd lose his brother as a scout as well who's unearthed some real gems.

I wouldn't have the same faith that we'd bring in the 'right person' either. It's not an easy job for one.

Archived