IGNORED

Boothroyd Gone!

Red Cloud

Guest ashtonyate

I must say if he did go I would not be that upset I will always be grateful for him sorting the Club out when he came.

I have been thinking for a while now if he can take us much further. think I most of his transfers have been poor.

The way we play is not that entertaining he dose not seem to take any criticism,I think most of his transfers have been poor.

He has done well for the Club but I think this is his limit I thought at one time he may go on into the Premier League but now I do not see him Managing any higher I do not think he can handle top players.

I think if he did go I would like Big Sam Allerdyce come here he has been there a bought the tee shirt but I think he might end up at Watford.

I must say if he did go I would not be that upset I will always be grateful for him sorting the Club out when he came.

I have been thinking for a while now if he can take us much further. think I most of his transfers have been poor.

The way we play is not that entertaining he dose not seem to take any criticism,I think most of his transfers have been poor.

He has done well for the Club but I think this is his limit I thought at one time he may go on into the Premier League but now I do not see him Managing any higher I do not think he can handle top players.

I think if he did go I would like Big Sam Allerdyce come here he has been there a bought the tee shirt but I think he might end up at Watford.

Mosts of his transfers have been poor ??? What about Basso, McCombe, Fontaine, Lee Johnson, Mcindoe, Adebola ?? I agree Sproule, Trundle & Maynard have underperformed but it's way too early to write off Maynard.

The bit about not taking criticism makes me laugh, i hope people note how well messrs Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, Morinho etc react to taking flak.

The icing on the cake though is castigating Johnson for our style of play........ & then hoping for Sam Allaydyce !! Classic!

Mosts of his transfers have been poor ??? What about Basso, McCombe, Fontaine, Lee Johnson, Mcindoe, Adebola ?? I agree Sproule, Trundle & Maynard have underperformed but it's way too early to write off Maynard.

The bit about not taking criticism makes me laugh, i hope people note how well messrs Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, Morinho etc react to taking flak.

The icing on the cake though is castigating Johnson for our style of play........ & then hoping for Sam Allaydyce !! Classic!

Sam Allardyce :disapointed2se:

Clearly some fans standards are very low,why on earth would you want him,all the fans in the front row would be moaning of sore necks every week(Hey maybe thats it,something different to whinge about)

Are you having a giggle or something mate? What makes you think Sam Allerdyce would even consider a move to Bristol City? He wouldnt - simple as that.

Honestly, reading this forum it seems as though some think we are a bigger club then we really are. We are a average championship club - again, simple as that.

Regarding your post about not being able to take us to the Premier League, how you justify that? Because in the year and 3 months we've been in this league we lost a play off final and are currently mid table? Honestly, I would love to know how, with those facts, you claim he will not take us to the Premier League?

Entertaining football and same Allerdyce. Hmmm not sure they go together.

Guest ashtonyate
Sam Allardyce :disapointed2se:

Clearly some fans standards are very low,why on earth would you want him,all the fans in the front row would be moaning of sore necks every week(Hey maybe thats it,something different to whinge about)

|I would love him here because what he done for Bolton a similar Club to City he got them to be a respected Prem Club he has the experience to take this club up. Where Johnson has not and has to get that experience,the point is if Johnson was to leave it would not be the end of the world clubs are bigger than Managers

FFS, if he wants to go then he will.

Can't believe people actually are stating they are worried by something like this.

Managers, players and coaching staff come and go almost annually at a majority of the clubs around the world and still these clubs go on; some even better themselves!

He actually isn't the messiah despite the deluded opinion on here, he does however have a very naughty boy.

I agree with you he is not the best thing ever to happen to city, in fact i don't agree with his attitude towards players and towards fans. Up the city with or without mr johnson

I agree with you he is not the best thing ever to happen to city, in fact i don't agree with his attitude towards players and towards fans. Up the city with or without mr johnson

Absolutely - let's get that nice Mr Wilson back again - he was always every so friendly. I saw Mr Pulis wave once towards the crowd too.

Sir Elton has already been making noises to step back in. As long as GJ can hold a verse and not show his arse in Burtons window, I think he will be in...... :rofl2br:

... if Elton did decide to retake the reins at Watford & serenaded our manager nicely then GJ might very well dance to Eltons tune & be tempted down the yellow brick motorway to Vicarage Rd.

Both men have several things in common afterall, shortness of stature but larger than life characters, folically challenged, expanding waist lines & of course a shared fondness for candles in the wind...

Indeed EJ could conceivably seal a deal with GJ if a crafty contract offer included a generous & tempting supply of high-heeled height boosting footwear, figure enhancing waistbands & designer toupees...

- blimey the more I think about it ............. :noexpression:

Both men have several things in common afterall, shortness of stature but larger than life characters, folically challenged, expanding waist lines & of course a shared fondness for candles in the wind...

...a shared fondness for baring their backsides for hordes of young men...

:innocent06:

It's everything GJ has done to transform this club on and off the pitch. We'd lose his brother as a scout as well who's unearthed some real gems.

...unearthed some real gems... You make it sound like he's found the next Ronaldo playing in Team Bath U-18s.

The best signings that GJ has made are McIndoe and Elliot. One played in a team we played against; the other played for a high profile team that only just missed out on promotion to the Premier League. Hardly unearthing...

...unearthed some real gems... You make it sound like he's found the next Ronaldo playing in Team Bath U-18s.

The best signings that GJ has made are McIndoe and Elliot. One played in a team we played against; the other played for a high profile team that only just missed out on promotion to the Premier League. Hardly unearthing...

A touch disingenuous.... Basso for nothing, Fontaine & McCombe for next to nothing. I very much doubt we bough Elliott purely on the strength of his performances against us for Millwall & he wasn't exactly on many people's radar.

If signing Basso from Woking, who two years later was touted as having interest from Premier League clubs isn't unearthing a gem then I'm not quite sure what is.

And how much was Elliott signed for?

If signing Basso from Woking, who two years later was touted as having interest from Premier League clubs isn't unearthing a gem then I'm not quite sure what is.

True, but I do believe Basso was already being touted by the likes of Watford and he had experience elsewhere before Woking. Nevertheless, with GJ comes the club 'setup' and Pete Johnson who I believe is as important as GJ to our club.

I agree that Basso definitely falls into the "gem unearthed" category but for some reason I thought Tinnion had signed him??

There's no doubt that Elliot, Fontaine and McCombe have performed fantastically well. Maybe PJohnson has an uncanny knack of recognising great players who have "fallen off the rails" (HRedknapp anyone?) but I don't think this counts as "unearthing" gems.

guy in work is a friend of Keith Millen, he's on his way apparently... big loss for us if so

Just been on Watford forum. There's a lot of names mentioned, some more often than others. One of the posts suggested Keith as a possible successor due to his connections with the club, although no-one, including the poster, was excited about that as an eventuality. GJ got mentioned a couple of times, but the feeling was that Watford are in no position to pay compensation to anybody - it sounds like that they are in a mess, and to top it all, Elton John has now resigned as Life Chairman or something like that. I'd be amazed if GJ left us to go there.

Archived