IGNORED

City V Palace Match Thread

!james

Not entirely sure why Sten John is here on loan, looked like our best player against Reading, not available aginst Southampton, didn't start against Forest and left out today because he played 16 minutes of international football in midweek!

Trundle not on the bench is ridiculous. By far and away our most consistant player for years and captain marvel Loius Carey still cant get into a defence that has leaked goals in his absence, same goes for McCallister-square pegs round holes etc.

agree totally, I don't get bringing John in, if your not going to play him? ESPECIALLY consdering the wages he's one?

No Trundle said already, I just don't get it, especially over Maynard/Sproule

and as for No Carey........speechless

It didn't take long did it ?

I'm just seriously pissed off atm! Team selection obviously wrong knew from the start we would lose. Only striker we have with any kind of ability not even in the squad. Too many players getting picked week in week out without playing well enough to jusitify it atm and all of our signings have turned out flops.

What positives atm are there? We are bloody boring to watch an our only win in our last 5 was against a piss poor Southampton side.

There are very few goals in our lineup. I simply cannot understand Stern on the bench.

I worked 50 hours this week and still did a few hours this morning. He has a 16 minute working week a needs a rest. Why are we paying for his loan deal fer heaven's sake?

We need someone like Stern who can create something from nothing.

2-1 by the way

agree totally, I don't get bringing John in, if your not going to play him? ESPECIALLY consdering the wages he's one?

No Trundle said already, I just don't get it, especially over Maynard/Sproule

and as for No Carey........speechless

The reason you don't get it is because your not the manager and you don't see the players every day training :doh:

Must say, some comments on here are hilarious, always from fans who think they know better, but actually don't know 5h1t from butter.

The reason you don't get it is because your not the manager and you don't see the players every day training :doh:

Must say, some comments on here are hilarious, always from fans who think they know better, but actually don't know 5h1t from butter.

Awesome line my friend, congrats. :clapping:

There are very few goals in our lineup. I simply cannot understand Stern on the bench.

I worked 50 hours this week and still did a few hours this morning. He has a 16 minute working week a needs a rest. Why are we paying for his loan deal fer heaven's sake?

We need someone like Stern who can create something from nothing.

2-1 by the way

To be fair, he did fly half way around the world...

Odd team selection though CH.

I don't see the point of having John on loan if we're not going to play him.

If he doesn't play and score a few goals how will we know if he's someone who'll fit in here and that we'll want to sign permanently?

He's only here for just over another month.

Odd team selection though CH.

I don't see the point of having John on loan if we're not going to play him.

If he doesn't play and score a few goals how will we know if he's someone who'll fit in here and that we'll want to sign permanently?

He's only here for just over another month.

I think we'll see him for a good portion of the second half.

I'm not the only one that doesn't get it,

There is more to picking a team than "what they do at training" you can be the best player in the world at training, but on a match day, you can be totally crap (think Matt Hewlett and Aaron Brown) at the same time, there is other players that don't train well, but on the pitch are fantastic.

Can you find a senisble reason as too why Trundle hasn't had a look in since impressing against Reading and yet Maynard and Sproule were terrible and have been poor since and yet keep getting picked?

plus just look at the defence lately? We are crying out for Carey to come back into the team

To be fair, he did fly half way around the world...

To be fair Gary did know the international fixture list and ours, so he knew he would be unavailable to start at least 2 games in just over a month, which seems a lot of money (£10k+per week) to shell out on a player thats not available for 100% of his loan spell.

I still cant get my head around Louis Carey not starting, he's fit, we know that.

Just spoken to my old man who is at the game. Reckons City have played f00k1ng sh1te, absolutely disgraceful. And before the keyboard warriors start - at least he has paid his cash to go up there. The midfield have been pretty much non-existent (what a shocker that is) although Noble is apparently trying to get us going, you would think that McIndoe is the 17 year old kid not the player marking him and until the goal in the 44th minute we did not even come close to scoring at any point. Sproule doing his usual headless chicken impression too.

Time for Gary Johnson to forget about criticising fans and start earning some of that nice money on his five year contract. If I was playing Championship Manager I would definitely go 3-5-2 in the circumstances. Any other Championship Managers out there with the downright cheek to express an opinion?

And a further point - only 700 to Crystal Palace - that is a pretty poor effort. Are people having second thoughts on watching Gary's "brand" of one up front gung-ho football?

Lets hope GJ earns his money during the half time break and turns things round.

I'm just seriously pissed off atm! Team selection obviously wrong knew from the start we would lose. Only striker we have with any kind of ability not even in the squad. Too many players getting picked week in week out without playing well enough to jusitify it atm and all of our signings have turned out flops.

What positives atm are there? We are bloody boring to watch an our only win in our last 5 was against a piss poor Southampton side.

We're all a bit frustrated mate but lets get it in perspective, we're 3 points off the playoffs.

Gary Johnson is a victim of his own success, we way, way, way over achieved last season & if we would have finished one point off the

relagation zone & this season pushed on a bit to mid table most people would have been happy.

Instead Gary & the boys gave us a season we could never of imagined but in my opinion we were never going to do as well this year.

Maybe we all got differing expectations, me personally i'll be happy with being near the playoffs for a few years, become established in the championship and

in a few years we'll be more than ready to sustain Premier League football.

But as they say football's all about opinions :Believe:

We're all a bit frustrated mate but lets get it in perspective, we're 3 points off the playoffs.

Gary Johnson is a victim of his own success, we way, way, way over achieved last season & if we would have finished one point off the

relagation zone & this season pushed on a bit to mid table most people would have been happy.

Instead Gary & the boys gave us a season we could never of imagined but in my opinion we were never going to do as well this year.

Maybe we all got differing expectations, me personally i'll be happy with being near the playoffs for a few years, become established in the championship and

in a few years we'll be more than ready to sustain Premier League football.

But as they say football's all about opinions :Believe:

Well said!

I'm happy if we can make top half this season. From there everything is possible.

Just spoken to my old man who is at the game. Reckons City have played f00k1ng sh1te, absolutely disgraceful. And before the keyboard warriors start - at least he has paid his cash to go up there. The midfield have been pretty much non-existent (what a shocker that is) although Noble is apparently trying to get us going, you would think that McIndoe is the 17 year old kid not the player marking him and until the goal in the 44th minute we did not even come close to scoring at any point. Sproule doing his usual headless chicken impression too.

Time for Gary Johnson to forget about criticising fans and start earning some of that nice money on his five year contract. If I was playing Championship Manager I would definitely go 3-5-2 in the circumstances. Any other Championship Managers out there with the downright cheek to express an opinion?

And a further point - only 700 to Crystal Palace - that is a pretty poor effort. Are people having second thoughts on watching Gary's "brand" of one up front gung-ho football?

I bet it's more than 700 City fans there - that's just a RB commentator estimation isn't it?

They always underestimate City's following and see double where Rovers are concerned.

Not surprised your Dad is fuming though, we sounded poor and predictable first half and very little on the bench to provide real hope - is Sproule actually a good enough player to base our comeback hopes on?

Yeh, but if your old man has the same outlook as you we could be playing like Brazil and still be flipping sh1te.

I'm totally agree that Johnson is focusing 95% of his energy on criticising fans and only 5% on team selection, hence why we're losing. Disgusting.

So if he brings Noble off and goes 3-5-2, which is the formation that i would play right now as well, will you be pleased?

I am confident that we will win this game, personally.

Yeh, but if your old man has the same outlook as you we could be playing like Brazil and still be flipping sh1te.

I'm totally agree that Johnson is focusing 95% of his energy on criticising fans and only 5% on team selection, hence why we're losing. Disgusting.

So if he brings Noble off and goes 3-5-2, which is the formation that i would play right now as well, will you be pleased?

I'm sure if we were playing Brazil, we would be looking shit.

if you are confident of winning, I have to ask are you actually listening to the game? we sound terrible.

another interesting thing.......Adam Baker has just said, that we look to be bringing Maynard on? and if we are too continue attacking, then defensive players either LJ or Elliott will come off

edit..........then right on queue noble comes off.

Same outlook as me? I'm reporting what my old man has seen. And my old man has laid out the cash and the time unlike you or me before you start commenting on his outlook. I would take Johnson off and go 3-5-2 instead but again that is only my view before you get too sensitive about it. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a point but we need to get some support up to Adebola ASAP.

Surprise, surprise, it's Noble who came off!!! And Palace have now scored a third goal - but lets not get disappointed because we had a great season last year. We should be happy as larry instead.

Archived