IGNORED

City V Palace Match Thread

!james

Maynard and John to start up top in a 4-4-2 please Johnson :fingerscrossed:

But if we go four in midfield then who partners Elliott? Lee Johnson isn't good enough in a midfield four (I think that has been proven enough times already this season) and there is no way GJ will trust Noble or try Williams. Until and if we can get a quality midfield creative player in how do we solve our midfield problem?

But if we go four in midfield then who partners Elliott? Lee Johnson isn't good enough in a midfield four (I think that has been proven enough times already this season) and there is no way GJ will trust Noble or try Williams. Until and if we can get a quality midfield creative player in how do we solve our midfield problem?

I think Williams would be a good shout, but would he then leave Lee out to accomadate him...

Its all ifs and buts at the moment but i think we can all agree that 4-4-1-1 is not working.

I didnt see the Maynard goal but i think he should start next week (not cuse he scored today but think he will be more productive than Dele) and Stern should partner Nicky just beacause he knows were the net is at this level.

...I was fairly certain the team would be unchanged and in particular Trundle wouldnt be playing and Noble very likely to be withdrawn.

The personnel is wrong IMO, if we want to really get at teams.

Hope certain players, in particular McIndoe, Wilson, Johnson and Williams, and Maynard if he comes on, prove me wrong, but no matter the result, with that team and Palace's style, I don't forecast an entertaining game.

Well at least Maynard got a goal and if number of goals is anything to go by, the entertainment factor was greater than I had expected.

Other than that, well, change in personnel and formation has to be odds on for Tuesday.

The team selection will be very interesting.

Snap. I have never left a game early but I have turned the bloody commentary off. So I have left early today for the first time ever.

Sort it out Gary FFS.

:bruce_h4h:Maybe we might finally see the changes we need after this Crap today.

Agreed.

The problems is, after the reading game, Gary came out with, they players will hate me, I'm making changes, blah, blah, blah.

he made changes and gave them a kick up the arse........which lasted one game in the southampton game, which was a good result, but still an average performance.

forest was dire, today was dire.

Can Gary ACTUALLY motivate these player to be consistant? and does he have any ideas about from the "We got stuffed, lets go to 4-5-1" 4-5-1 is a terrible! and today continued to back that up!

What I don't understand and caused me to think that we were in trouble before a ball was kicked is, why is a left back who is fit enough to be included on the bench for scotland on wednesday, not good enough to replace a right midfielder playing left back?

Anyone the wiser, cos i'm mistified. :dunno:

As for Carey not playing, no wonder rumours are abound.

Archived