IGNORED

Can't Wait For Gj 's Comments

redrebel

It genuinely amazes me how cynical some people can be, especially when it is directed towards a man who has done what we all hoped he would in turn us into a good Championship team. That is what the table tells me tonight anyway, that we are a good Championship team. We got rolled over today and we aren't playing well at the moment, but if we think positively about the situation then it will tell you that we aren't playing well but we are still up there. I have no doubt that changes will be made for Tuesday and we will see a positive response from the team, but what a shame that some fans feel it necessary to show their support by suggesting that Johnson has lost it or is only it for the five year contract. Sad, sad state of affairs.

It is quite obvious that the team needs strengthening and don't be at all surprised to see changes in January. What some fans forget though is that we're not made of money and we can't just buy improvements to every position. So far tonight i've seen suggestions that we need a left winger, right winger, midfielder and a defender. That is not feasible for a club of our size and we have to cut our cloth accordingly. But what really does amaze me is that some people on here think we have a divine right to have improvements to the squad in these positions and Johnson is a fool if he doesn't do it. He knows what's required but getting the right player for the right money isn't as simple as that, lest we forget. So by all means lets debate what might be good for the team and it's progress, but please don't get all flaming cynical about Johnson's abilities because that is getting right on my t1ts considering where we are right now.

It genuinely amazes me how cynical some people can be, especially when it is directed towards a man who has done what we all hoped he would in turn us into a good Championship team. That is what the table tells me tonight anyway, that we are a good Championship team. We got rolled over today and we aren't playing well at the moment, but if we think positively about the situation then it will tell you that we aren't playing well but we are still up there. I have no doubt that changes will be made for Tuesday and we will see a positive response from the team, but what a shame that some fans feel it necessary to show their support by suggesting that Johnson has lost it or is only it for the five year contract. Sad, sad state of affairs.

The question for many is though.....Have changes actually been made since the Reading game, and have we really turned it around since then?

for me.......not really?

obviously when your missing players such as Carey and McAllister isn't not going to help, however for me, nothing has really changed and in the last 3 games, we have been poor, Today and Forest were terrible, Southampton we won, but in all honestly the performance even then wasn't great.

For Many, Johnson included......January Window probably can't come soon enough.

wrong about what? what's your view? why do you believe that? what do you basis this on? do you have a view that doesn't involve arguing for the sake of arguing?

It really is tiresome having to repeat everything. You said:

HOWEVER, if Weale had performed the same, I'd imagine he would have been dropped by now.

It was the only statement you made in the post.

I said you're wrong again. Now, why do you have to be difficult and make out you don't understand what I'm saying? Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Guest ashtonyate

It is quite obvious that the team needs strengthening and don't be at all surprised to see changes in January. What some fans forget though is that we're not made of money and we can't just buy improvements to every position. So far tonight i've seen suggestions that we need a left winger, right winger, midfielder and a defender. That is not feasible for a club of our size and we have to cut our cloth accordingly. But what really does amaze me is that some people on here think we have a divine right to have improvements to the squad in these positions and Johnson is a fool if he doesn't do it. He knows what's required but getting the right player for the right money isn't as simple as that, lest we forget. So by all means lets debate what might be good for the team and it's progress, but please don't get all flaming cynical about Johnson's abilities because that is getting right on my t1ts considering where we are right now.

The only problem with strengthening the team is can gary johnson be trusted to sign quality players??.

The only problem with strengthening the team is can gary johnson be trusted to sign quality players??.

At the start of last season, you predicted we would finish in the bottom six. We finished fourth.

How much better quality were you expecting?

Guest ashtonyate
At the start of last season, you predicted we would finish in the bottom six. We finished fourth.

How much better quality were you expecting?

That fair comment and if you have asked most City Supporters they would have said the same,as most of the team had very little experance of higer leagues.

we over performed last season I still don't know how we got where we did we must have had the luck of the past 10 years all at once.

I also said Trundle was a wast of money so 0ne out of two is not bad.

That fair comment and if you have asked most City Supporters they would have said the same,as most of the team had very little experance of higer leagues.

we over performed last season I still don't know how we got where we did we must have had the luck of the past 10 years all at once.

you also said Noble would be terrible, because he came from Boston......

one of out three for you.... :innocent06:

It really is tiresome having to repeat everything. You said:

It was the only statement you made in the post.

I said you're wrong again. Now, why do you have to be difficult and make out you don't understand what I'm saying? Are you being deliberately obtuse?

why am I wrong? what's your view? why do you believe that? what do you basis this on? do you have a view that doesn't involve arguing for the sake of arguing?

I don't agree that he was a waste of money.

The fact is, we got to a Championship play off final with Trundle an important part of the squad that did that.

That represents an excellent return, for me.

Added to that, I feel he still has a lot more to offer. I hope he gets the opportunity.

why am I wrong? what's your view? why do you believe that? what do you basis this on? do you have a view that doesn't involve arguing for the sake of arguing?

What's my view? Work it out fella. If you say Weale would be dropped and I say you're wrong then clearly my view is that Weale would not have been dropped - not rocket science is it?

Basso is number 1 - when he is fit he plays - no different than 90% of the managers treat goalkeepers - it's a crucial position. If GJ considered Weale his number 1 then he would play providing he didn't lose form - I'm not aware that Basso has lost form? Are you?

Guest ashtonyate
you also said Noble would be terrible, because he came from Boston......

one of out three for you.... :innocent06:

No what I said was I could not understand why we were signing a player from a lower league club who were near the bottom and to me Noble is the type of player you may get one good game in five out of manly because he never looks fit and after an hour he is reddy to come off

Guest ashtonyate
I don't agree that he was a waste of money.

The fact is, we got to a Championship play off final with Trundle an important part of the squad that did that.

That represents an excellent return, for me.

Added to that, I feel he still has a lot more to offer. I hope he gets the opportunity.

Had Trundle got half the goals that was expected of him we would have gone up as of right

Had Trundle got half the goals that was expected of him we would have gone up as of right

So when we signed him, you said we would be in the bottom six. We actually finished in the top four, but that still isn't enough to satisfy you he wasn't the waste of money you claimed him to be?

I see.

Guest ashtonyate
So when we signed him, you said we would be in the bottom six. We actually finished in the top four, but that still isn't enough to satisfy you he wasn't the waste of money you claimed him to be?

I see.

please read post 37 then add this if you think we have had good value out of what must be near 3 million then thats your view but to me he has never look the player that cost that much money he was to old to make the step, up the trouble with the city we have to many nearly players who lack concistance

please read post 37 then add this if you think we have had good value out of what must be near 3 million then thats your view but to me he has never look the player that cost that much money he was to old to make the step, up the trouble with the city we have to many nearly players who lack concistance

He hasn't been as consistently influential as I'd hoped. But that is a far cry from branding him "a waste of money".

He helped us claim a fourth placed finish and a play off final in our first season in the Championship. To write him off as a waste of money on the back of that is ridiculous, particularly given that you predicted a bottom six finish after we signed him.

Good post. Unfortunately GJ brings a lot of critisism on himself by basking in the glory of success, but its somebody else's fault when we fail. How many of us were aghast that Wilson continued at left back?

On sat it was the attack and defence's fault we lost, no mention of midfield, so don't expect too many changes there.

As regards signing players, why sign John when we are crying out for players in other positions?

Unfortunately GJ brings a lot of critisism on himself by basking in the glory of success, but its somebody else's fault when we fail. How many of us were aghast that Wilson continued at left back?

On sat it was the attack and defence's fault we lost, no mention of midfield, so don't expect too many changes there.

As regards signing players, why sign John when we are crying out for players in other positions?

Spot on with your comments - except one, Wilson. Everyone agrees that he ain't a left back but with McAllister/Carey not fully fit who else was there?

Good post. Unfortunately GJ brings a lot of critisism on himself by basking in the glory of success, but its somebody else's fault when we fail.

When does this happen?

All I've ever heard him say is that he picks the team he thinks will win the game.

Sometimes he's right and everybody's happy, but I've never heard anything from Gary apart from comments about what the plan was and what the team did well to make it work.

Sometimes he's wrong, or the team doesn't do what he's asked them to do, but either way he can't discuss the reasons in public because it would damage the team.

I fail to see how any of this is either "basking in the glory of success" or saying "it's somebody else's fault". Obviously the buck has to stop with him when the team isn't performing and he must either change the tactics or the players, but he knows that and he knows what to do to sort it out.

There's more arrogance displayed by some forum users in one day than Gary Johnson has managed in a lifetime.

When does this happen?

All I've ever heard him say is that he picks the team he thinks will win the game.

Sometimes he's right and everybody's happy, but I've never heard anything from Gary apart from comments about what the plan was and what the team did well to make it work.

Sometimes he's wrong, or the team doesn't do what he's asked them to do, but either way he can't discuss the reasons in public because it would damage the team.

I fail to see how any of this is either "basking in the glory of success" or saying "it's somebody else's fault". Obviously the buck has to stop with him when the team isn't performing and he must either change the tactics or the players, but he knows that and he knows what to do to sort it out.

There's more arrogance displayed by some forum users in one day than Gary Johnson has managed in a lifetime.

If you are going to use posters quotes, then include the whole quote. Within the whole quote of mine were reasons that I used to support my post and I refer you to post No 48.

The insult I shall treat with the attention it deserves :tongue:

If you are going to use posters quotes, then include the whole quote. Within the whole quote of mine were reasons that I used to support my post and I refer you to post No 48.

The insult I shall treat with the attention it deserves :tongue:

Post no.48

Good post. Unfortunately GJ brings a lot of critisism on himself by basking in the glory of success, but its somebody else's fault when we fail. How many of us were aghast that Wilson continued at left back?

Feel free to point out the part that shows GJ blaming someone else.

Guest ashtonyate

When you look at Citys squad of players I can think of 5 of them who find it hard to play a full game Adbola, Trundle, Sproul,Williams, Noble, which I think is poor two are into there 30s but three are not and all have been signed by Johnson

When does this happen?

Clearly some people on here turn up to work (or school) every day get everything right and achieve perfect results!. It must be very difficult always knowing whats best. Its always easy to have a pop at someone when they`re not there to defend themselves. How many people who "know better" would have the balls to state their case directly to Gary Johnson, not many I suspect.

When you look at Citys squad of players I can think of 5 of them who find it hard to play a full game Adbola, Trundle, Sproul,Williams, Noble, which I think is poor two are into there 30s but three are not and all have been signed by Johnson

Eh?

Adebola regularly does.

Trundle played 109 minutes in the play off semi final against Palace (scoring in the 104th) having played 94 minutes in the first leg four days earlier.

Noble played the full 90 minutes in both games against Palace in the play offs (scoring in the 94th minute of the first leg), despite the games only being four days apart.

Clearly some people on here turn up to work (or school) every day get everything right and achieve perfect results!. It must be very difficult always knowing whats best. Its always easy to have a pop at someone when they`re not there to defend themselves. How many people who "know better" would have the balls to state their case directly to Gary Johnson, not many I suspect.

Thank you Keyboard Warrior.

This, believe it or not, is a Forum where people like you and me can air their views. I may not agree with you but I respect your right to post. Every football fan has a view on their team and it probably differs fom a lot of others, that doesn't make them right or wrong.

Just because GJ is 'The manager' doesn't mean he is always right and is beyond reproach. As a Shareholder, Season ticket holder and supporter, through thick and thin, for over 40years I believe I have a right to an opinion and as this is a forum I am expressing it on here.

Luckily being retired I don't have to get everything right and perfect, I will leave that to you. GJ has used the media to attack supporters so what's the problem about not defending himself?.

Eh?

Adebola regularly does.

Trundle played 109 minutes in the play off semi final against Palace (scoring in the 104th) having played 94 minutes in the first leg four days earlier.

Noble played the full 90 minutes in both games against Palace in the play offs (scoring in the 94th minute of the first leg), despite the games only being four days apart.

Blimey, talk about twisting it just so you can pick apart AshtonYate's comment.

Actually, although not worded greatly, what he says is true. Adebola does struggle to play 90 mins and looks very leggy as the game goes on. He also finds it difficult to play 2 games in a week. Trundle rarely plays a full 90, as does Noble, as does Williams, as does Sproule. All true.

How many minutes these players played in a one off, "biggest game of their lives"......at the time match is completly irrelevant to his remarks.

Post no.48

Feel free to point out the part that shows GJ blaming someone else.

Post 48 was a reference to GJ, In an interview on the main site he blamed the defence, and the forward line, conveniently missing out the midfield and his poor team selection/tactics. He mentions 'powder puff finishes' and 'poor defensively'

But you can read it yourself

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1459562,00.html

Archived