IGNORED

Give Orr The Money?!

Jordan Tansley

i think he might be worth it

i mean, i like wilson very much, but he is not good enough defensively and positionaly to play there in this division, however he certainly is good enough to play on our right hand side!

so if we could perhaps put nobbler in the middle for one of either marv or LJ as both have been below standard for the majority of the season, put wilson on the right and orr back at right back i think we will be much better off defensively, whilst getting arguably our best player in his position, therefore benifiting our front line too

Orr has been offered the same terms as the rest of the defence, with the exception of Carey (as captain) I guess.

If he gets it then they are all in looking to be on the same as him, where does it all stop?

If he can get a better deal elsewhere then good luck to him. As I said before, Orr leaving is not going to make us any weaker. He's had 1 good season, although there's still plenty of City fans undecided about him, and all of a sudden he's Bertie Big B0llocks. Off you go son!

i mean, i like wilson very much, but he is not good enough defensively and positionaly to play there in this division, however he certainly is good enough to play on our right hand side!

so if we could perhaps put nobbler in the middle for one of either marv or LJ as both have been below standard for the majority of the season, put wilson on the right and orr back at right back i think we will be much better off defensively, whilst getting arguably our best player in his position, therefore benifiting our front line too

Belive it or not, there's a seven page thread on this topic down below

Orr can go jump for all I care. Came as a crap central midfielder who described himself as a ''box to box'' player in the program notes at the time. Was given his chance at this club and is playing to the best of his abilities. Only way is down, we don't need him or his childish antics like when he punched Louis Carey live on sky. Tit.

No-If you start to give into players wage demands then it's slippery slope when other contracts come up for renewal.

He's been made a fair offer within the clubs wage structure. If he wants more than whats on the table then thanks for your efforts Mr Orr and good luck in the future.

No hard feelings. :sub:

Orr must understand that as a club, we have a strict wage structure, and as good a player as he is, he isn't worth breaking that structure for.

If he thinks that he is worth more than the upper limits for his position(assuming that the likes of Stern John and Trundle would be on more than a defender), then bye bye, thanks for your time.

PERSONALLY, I haven't seen anyone criticising the club over this, but I will.

We are now in the situation where, arguably, one of our more saleable "assets" could walk for buckshee in June(based on the fact that Watford were prepared to pay half a mill for him).

Why have we waited until 6 months before his contract ended before placing him on the transfer list, thus ultimately, getting less, if anything, for him than we would have got in the close season?

I disgree with the highlighted bit.

Orr isn't indispensable by any stretch of the imagination, but I think we are already seeing that the side is most definitely weaker without him.

He can be replaced over time - but we need him playing for us.

If it isn't already being done, I would be on to him every day urging him to sign the contract offered, telling him he's making a big mistake, and generally doing absolutely everything possible to get him to sign.

I get the impression it's a take it or leave it situation - and that isn't helpful.

He shouldn't get any more money than other senior pro's, but by the same token it shouldn't come to him not playing and treated as if he's already gone. He's got the rest of the season on contract - get him in the side until he can be replaced by a better defender.

His commitment shouldn't be questioned.

Fair point Cynic, what I should've said is we're no weaker when we replace him. And I would never question Brad's commitment! I think that's the main reason he's so popular with the fans, is despite a lack of a pace, crossing ability, passing ability he's a chest thumper - and we all want players like that in our team. I do think we can replace him with better quality and at a good price too I dare say.

Who has said he wants more than others in the squad are getting?

Has it not occured to anyone that prehaps someone in the squad (who is of the same senior type of player) is actually getting what Bradley has asked for, or possibly more for longer? :innocent06:

I think some people need to think about what has been said, who has said it and why.

Have both sides of the story been heard? :disapointed2se:

Nothing is ever as cut and dry as it seems :innocent06:

Orr must understand that as a club, we have a strict wage structure, and as good a player as he is, he isn't worth breaking that structure for.

If he thinks that he is worth more than the upper limits for his position(assuming that the likes of Stern John and Trundle would be on more than a defender), then bye bye, thanks for your time.

PERSONALLY, I haven't seen anyone criticising the club over this, but I will.

We are now in the situation where, arguably, one of our more saleable "assets" could walk for buckshee in June(based on the fact that Watford were prepared to pay half a mill for him).

Why have we waited until 6 months before his contract ended before placing him on the transfer list, thus ultimately, getting less, if anything, for him than we would have got in the close season?

Same for everyone on this EB, you hope you can keep the players you want, and just as there will be one or two who will take Orr off our hands for far less than Watford (and maybe Reading) were prepared to pay in the summer we'll do the same to someone else. Orr could quite easily have dug his heels in during the summer and seen out the final few months of his contract and walked next summer for nothing anyway. They've got far too much power nowadays!

Has it not occured to anyone that prehaps someone in the squad (who is of the same senior type of player) is actually getting what Bradley has asked for, or possibly more for longer? :innocent06:

I think some people need to think about what has been said, who has said it and why.

Johnson has been quoted as saying Orr has been offered the same contracts that the rest of the defenders have all signed up to. He obviously thinks he can get more elsewhere, so good luck to him.

I disgree with the highlighted bit.

Orr isn't indispensable by any stretch of the imagination, but I think we are already seeing that the side is most definitely weaker without him.

He can be replaced over time - but we need him playing for us.

If it isn't already being done, I would be on to him every day urging him to sign the contract offered, telling him he's making a big mistake, and generally doing absolutely everything possible to get him to sign.

I get the impression it's a take it or leave it situation - and that isn't helpful.

He shouldn't get any more money than other senior pro's, but by the same token it shouldn't come to him not playing and treated as if he's already gone. He's got the rest of the season on contract - get him in the side until he can be replaced by a better defender.

His commitment shouldn't be questioned.

Anyone who thinks they deserve more money than Mccombe, McCalistar and possibly Carey deserves their commitment to be quesitoned, espeically after servin time in jail and headbutting one member of that defence. I've never had a problem with orrs commitment to City until he refused to sign this contract. Cheers Brad, uv let us all down

Anyone who thinks they deserve more money than Mccombe, McCalistar and possibly Carey deserves their commitment to be quesitoned, espeically after servin time in jail and headbutting one member of that defence. I've never had a problem with orrs commitment to City until he refused to sign this contract. Cheers Brad, uv let us all down

Just to clarify the situation, has GJ and/or SL categorically stated, that the reason Bradley Orr declined to sign the contract offered to him, was because he wanted more money than the other defenders, anyone know?

Who says he's asked for more than them ?

Johnson alluded to it by saying he was offered the same as others - but I doubt that they are all on exactly the same money.

As it stands, the fact is that he asked for more money which is fair enough.

In my opinion, his commitment on the pitch is spot on and I see no reason for that to change if he is playing - in fact, if he's looking to impress another club or prove he is worth more money here, then it would be in his interest to ensure that he is committed on the pitch.

We need him in the team.

This is where I feel the waters are muddiest!

Apart from counting this weeks wages & the money he's already received it appears Bradley's not got much else to do on Saturday, perhaps he needs something to take his mind off his bank balance, clear his mind & ponder what the future might hold for a potentially out of work player?...

Maybe he should: ...be tasked to help the kit man lay out the shirts prior to the game, he might see while watching from the sidelines and holding Wilsons track suit top that the grass is in fact rather lush at AG and develop a desire to get out there again rather than gamble on the grass being greener elsewhere...

A bird (erm, Robin) in the hand is worth two in the bush Bradders, play safe, sign the contract, and get back out there doing what you do best, times are hard right now and it certainly aint the time to have a punt - unless you're onto a dead cert.

It seems that neither SL or GJ have closed the door on you yet, come back in & stop being silly.

Apart from counting this weeks wages & the money he's already received it appears Bradley's not got much else to do on Saturday, perhaps he needs something to take his mind off his bank balance, clear his mind & ponder what the future might hold for a potentially out of work player?...

Maybe he should: ...be tasked to help the kit man lay out the shirts prior to the game, he might see while watching from the sidelines and holding Wilsons track suit top that the grass is in fact rather lush at AG and develop a desire to get out there again rather than gamble on the grass being greener elsewhere...

A bird (erm, Robin) in the hand is worth two in the bush Bradders, play safe, sign the contract, and get back out there doing what you do best, times are hard right now and it certainly aint the time to have a punt - unless you're onto a dead cert.

It seems that neither SL or GJ have closed the door on you yet, come back in & stop being silly.

Bradley Orr is no more out of work than any other player whose contract expires at the end of the season.

He's a contracted player, and our best right back IMHO, but if GJ chooses not to play him, because he has declined the contract offered to him, who's the chump?

I don't think Orr will find it too hard to get a new club in all honesty.

Why do I get the feeling there is more to this than we are being told?

This is where I feel the waters are muddiest!

agree......reading "another" site, it does seem that Bradders is only asking for the same as others and hasn't actually got that.

I'd be VERY surpised if all the defenders are on the same money. McCombe and Fontaine possibly around the same at the lower end of the first team defenders, Carey being the highest earning defender with McAllister not far behind......I'd expect Orr would want around the same as the higher earners of McAllsiter and maybe Carey, considering he was in the PFA Team he has a right to ask for a higher amount,

as a few others have said.....2 sides of every story and I'd be interested to hear Brads.......doubt we will get the chance to for a while.

We're just speculating of course, but i wouldnt be surprised to find another club or an agent was involved here somewhere - telling Bradley he'd get more money somewhere else. And i think he probably HAS asked for more money than the other defenders as a result.

Now, don't get me wrong, this isnt a go a Orr, but he appears to be the sort of footballer who could be easily led by "advisors" and i think they might have something to do with this transfer-request.

If you give way to Orr, then all the other agents will smell blood and be knocking on the managers door.

Its a shame, because he's turned into a decent right-back, but he was nothing before GJ came here and i think he can be replaced.

What a bad shout............ :disapointed2se:

NO don't give ORR the money,

GIVE HIM THE BOOT HE@S BEEN CRAP THIS YEAR..........

Orr can go and do one, he is a half decent Rb thats it.

Players like Orr are two a penny at this level, I'm sure we can get somebody in thats at least as good if not better.

agree......reading "another" site, it does seem that Bradders is only asking for the same as others and hasn't actually got that.

I'd be VERY surpised if all the defenders are on the same money. McCombe and Fontaine possibly around the same at the lower end of the first team defenders, Carey being the highest earning defender with McAllister not far behind......I'd expect Orr would want around the same as the higher earners of McAllsiter and maybe Carey, considering he was in the PFA Team he has a right to ask for a higher amount,

as a few others have said.....2 sides of every story and I'd be interested to hear Brads.......doubt we will get the chance to for a while.

BH you are barking up the correct tree. What he actually asked for is a long way short of what some are on, and they are not strikers.

Bear in mind Brad has twins on the way and is looking for a sembalance of security and not riches, IS settled here, his parents are season ticket holders that they pay for themselves. What possible reason would he want to leave to go to another club in this league?

He wouldn't unless he had to!

We're just speculating of course, but i wouldnt be surprised to find another club or an agent was involved here somewhere - telling Bradley he'd get more money somewhere else. And i think he probably HAS asked for more money than the other defenders as a result.

Now, don't get me wrong, this isnt a go a Orr, but he appears to be the sort of footballer who could be easily led by "advisors" and i think they might have something to do with this transfer-request.

If you give way to Orr, then all the other agents will smell blood and be knocking on the managers door.

Its a shame, because he's turned into a decent right-back, but he was nothing before GJ came here and i think he can be replaced.

Nice theory but wrong.

The last contract Brad had he negotiated himself without an agent and just a PFA rep. He is the type who is NOT easily led. Which is part of the problem!

Far too sensible for many on here. The only people hanging the dirty washing out are the club. Bradley Orr has said nothing and, as far as I am aware, has not asked to go on the transfer list and will honour his contract without complaint if he doesn't get a move in the window. Yes, he is taking a risk but like you say there may well be events going on behind the scenes that have convinced Bradley to take the course of action he has.

Archived