IGNORED

Give Orr The Money?!

Jordan Tansley

Saying you adore Bradley Orr who is a mediocre right back sums up your whole defensive of him really quite pathetic. I don't want my season ticket price to increase AGAIN next year just beacuse money grabbing scoucers like Bradley Orr want a few extra grand a week just so he can make up a pathetic excuse like '' i want to provide for my family''

Good bye Bradley!

Its true that Bradley Orr is not the most gifted of footballers, but he is without doubt the best right back at our club. Whether you pay him the money or not is a side issue to the fact that by not playing him we have a far weaker team on the pitch and that has been clearly highlighted in recent weeks. If he wants to go in January so be it, but up until then he needs to play, for sake of our short-term form/results.

and your sudden hatred of him is not pathetic?

tbh the players voted him as the best right back in the division last season, PROFESSIONALS, people who know a lot more about the game than you. so to call him mediocre is in it's self pathetic! but hey your lost in your little world! busy watching FC Moon, with 11 world class players all being payed less than the minimum wage :D good times on cloud 9?

and to call him a money grabber is also fairly moronic! i mean are you seriously saying you wouldnt do the same? you have been working for a company for 4 years and realise your a)on less money than a collegue who your better than or b) know you can earn more somewhere else, of course your going to demand an increase in wages, thats logical, why just because bradleys profession is football should he show blind loyalty and risk his livlihood and family security?

grow up mate :D

and your sudden hatred of him is not pathetic?

tbh the players voted him as the best right back in the division last season, PROFESSIONALS,people who know a lot more about the game than you. so to call him mediocre is in it's self pathetic! but hey your lost in your little world! busy watching FC Moon, with 11 world class players all being payed less than the minimum wage :D good times on cloud 9?

and to call him a money grabber is also fairly moronic! i mean are you seriously saying you wouldnt do the same? you have been working for a company for 4 years and realise your a)on less money than a collegue who your better than or b) know you can earn more somewhere else, of course your going to demand an increase in wages, thats logical, why just because bradleys profession is football should he show blind loyalty and risk his livlihood and family security?

grow up mate :D

O I'm sorry just because i am not a pro i don't no anything about football, that comment in its sellf shows how old you are.

Bradley has been shown the door by GJ who knows he wont be a loss to the club otherwise they would have payed to keep him, like ive said players like Orr are two a penny, hes had one good season and people are going a tad over board, he is decent thats it he will be easily replacable.

I havnt suddenly hated Orr fair enough if he can get better money else were then he can go its quite simple, i will just laugh when/if this move dosnt materialise and he will look like a #### but then again in a few months time he will be forgotton.

The sarcastic ''grow up mate :D'' at the end sums you and the majority of your comments up.

And your telling me to grow up.

Shouldnt you be in bed, busy day at school tomorow!

pot,kettle etc..

considering you make posts about ending current city players careers ie LJ, Dele, its good to see someone actually wanting a player to stay. It's not that Brad wants an extortionate amount... actually less than the current win bonus and as we aren't winning at the moment it adds up to a wage drop!!

Maybe Brad doesnt see (along with you) that the current city team are good enough for him to earn the money he thinks he deserves ie by winning games

pot,kettle etc..

considering you make posts about ending current city players careers ie LJ, Dele, its good to see someone actually wanting a player to stay. It's not that Brad wants an extortionate amount... actually less than the current win bonus and as we aren't winning at the moment it adds up to a wage drop!!

Maybe Brad doesnt see (along with you) that the current city team are good enough for him to earn the money he thinks he deserves ie by winning games

And when do i make posts about wanting players careers to end at city, can i not state that certain indivduals are not good enough?

Or should i just shut up and be gratefull for what we have got, the whole point of a forum is to crticise or praise, at the moment there are a lot of City players falling short of the mark and stating that they are is not moaning its simply stating the truth.

In regards to Orr like ive said if he thinks he is better than Mccalister, Carey etc and he thinks he warrants a pay rise good luck to him. All I'm pointing out is the lad is nothing special and can be easily replaced.

Could I point you both in the direction of the new forum rules pinned at the top of this forum.

Thanks.

rightio edson :)

i think its only this guy who feels the need to slag Bradley off as a player, i don't mind people being annoyed at him for the events unfolding infront of us, as its logical to be upset, but untill all the facts are known ill hold my judgements. i don't see why he feels the need to have a go at practically all of our playing squad , for no real reason! like a lack of an argument

sorry if its detracting from the forum

rightio edson :)

i think its only this guy who feels the need to slag Bradley off as a player, i don't mind people being annoyed at him for the events unfolding infront of us, as its logical to be upset, but untill all the facts are known ill hold my judgements. i don't see why he feels the need to have a go at practically all of our playing squad , for no real reason! like a lack of an argument

sorry if its detracting from the forum

Hold on a sec since when do i have a go at pratically all of our playing squad?

Ive made one thread about Dele and one about Lee J neither of those thredas were ''having a go'' at the player question. I was merly pointing out we needed a change of thought and if you look back at those threads a good 80% of people ageed with me especially in Lee Johnsons case.

I don't want to start an argument but when you come out with statements like '' this guy slags off all of our playing squad'' you are making your self look rather silly considering its not true.

This will be my last post on it as i really cant be bothred to squabble over something so pathetic.

the whole point of a forum is not to critisise or praise... it is to talk aboit bristol city football club with fellow fans, share views and discuss the thing we love!

it is not about being better or worse than another fan, obviously differences of oppionion occur, or people with no opinions merely moan for the sake of it, but that is part of life mate

and leave the kid comments out petal, i'm pretty sure your not much older than me, and age clearly doesnt affect maturity in some cases :rofl2br: (banter edson... i really am laughing at this whole thing )

Ive made one thread about Dele and one about Lee J neither of those thredas were ''having a go'' at the player question. I was merly pointing out we needed a change of thought and if you look back at those threads a good 80% of people ageed with me especially in Lee Johnsons case.

I don't want to start an argument but when you come out with statements like '' this guy slags off all of our playing squad'' you are making your self look rather silly considering its not true.

This will be my last post on it as i really cant be bothred to squabble over something so pathetic.

bye then :sub:

:)

the word hippocrate is underused nowadays! :D

post no. 4 on your LJ thread says it all...bit more radical than a change of thought

post no. 4 on your LJ thread says it all...bit more radical than a change of thought

Like i said many people agreed with me in that thread, if you read it no one thinks my views were ''radical''.

What this has to do with Orr leaving i do not know....

Guest wheres your caravan??

I believe that you are correct bris red.

Many people on this forum (including me) agree with your views about Dele and Lee Johnson.

Bradley Orr was my favourite City player before these recent events unfolded. But now i couldn't care less if he plays for us again. Bradley is an average championship player who can be easily replaced with a better or as good a player. For everything this club has done for that scouser he should be very grateful. But clearly he is not and next time i see him i will let the big time charlie no what i think of him!

I believe that you are correct bris red.

Many people on this forum (including me) agree with your views about Dele and Lee Johnson.

Bradley Orr was my favourite City player before these recent events unfolded. But now i couldn't care less if he plays for us again. Bradley is an average championship player who can be easily replaced with a better or as good a player. For everything this club has done for that scouser he should be very grateful. But clearly he is not and next time i see him i will let the big time charlie no what i think of him!

Why, because he asked for a reasonable pay rise to put him in line with others in the squad, who don't perform anywhere near as well as he does week in, week out??? That doesnt make him a big time charlie in my eyes, he is just trying to look after himself and is family.

the whole point of a forum is not to critisise or praise... it is to talk aboit bristol city football club with fellow fans, share views

Surely if someone shares their view that a player is great, and another shares their view that a player is rubbish, you are criticising and praising?

To be honest if we cant criticise or praise on here we might aswell shut it down or you'll have 100 posts saying ''I agree''.

Why, because he asked for a reasonable pay rise to put him in line with others in the squad, who don't perform anywhere near as well as he does week in, week out??? That doesnt make him a big time charlie in my eyes, he is just trying to look after himself and is family.

In fairness I don't think Orr has hit the heights that he did last year, I'm not doubhting his ability he is a good RB at this level. All i was saying is why does he think he is worth more than Macca or Louis carey or even Mccombe ?

I don't hate Bradley and if/when he leaves i wont boo him on his return to AG, like i said far play if he can get more money else were than thats fine i don't have a problem with that. I just think people are slightly over reacting when it comes to how good he is, yes he puts his heart on his sleeve but when you take that part of it out of his game there isnt much else.

Brian Wilson can do a job at RB but we will obvioulsy need to bring in a more naturual full back if/when Bradley leaves, i don't know what full backs will be avaliable in jan but I'm sure there will be somebody as solid as Orr out there.

In fairness I don't think Orr has hit the heights that he did last year, I'm not doubhting his ability he is a good RB at this level. All i was saying is why does he think he is worth more than Macca or Louis carey or even Mccombe ?

I don't hate Bradley nad if/when he leaves i wont boo him on his return to AG, like i said far play if he can get more money else were than thats fine i don't have a problem with that. I just think people are slight over reacting when it comes to how good he is, yes he puts his heart on his sleeve but when you take that part of it out of his game there isnt much else.

Brian Wilson can do a job at RB but we will obvioulsy need to bring in a more naturual full back if/when Bradley leaves, i don't know what full backs will be avaliable in jan but I'm sure there will be somebody as solid as Orr out there.

He hasnt played as well so far this season as he did last season, I will agree with you on that. What I am saying is that he is still playing better than some who are on more money (alot more) than him and have been for a couple of seasons now. Read into that what you like.. I don't know what money Carey / McCombe and Macca are on, but I wouldnt be suprised if at least two of them earn more than he does at present... He is after a fair deal for himself, not trying to fleece the club and the fans as some suggest.

i thought you'd gone?

;)

he is better than both jamies, clearly. and your only reasoning in this entire thread as to why you don't rate bradley could be applied to both of them more than easily

your being selective because you've decided you don't like him now, and have you watch brian play these last few weeks at right back? great going foward ill give you that, but defensively poor, and positionally inept at times! id rather have the "solid" defender in orr than gaps in our defence if I'm honest especially as we create no chances for the strikers, we simply cannot afford to concede goals!

i thought you'd gone?

;)

he is better than both jamies, clearly. and your only reasoning in this entire thread as to why you don't rate bradley could be applied to both of them more than easily

your being selective because you've decided you don't like him now, and have you watch brian play these last few weeks at right back? great going foward ill give you that, but defensively poor, and positionally inept at times! id rather have the "solid" defender in orr than gaps in our defence if I'm honest especially as we create no chances for the strikers, we simply cannot afford to concede goals!

I don't think its about whether bris red likes or dislikes Brad I think its the fact that its easy to turn on someone who has bad press, the truth is that Brad isnt holding the club to ransom over what he wants ..it really is a minimal amount and just parity with those around him

i thought you'd gone?

;)

Of course i would also prefer Orr over Wilson but he has made hes decsion he wants to go else were for more money and GJ dosnt seem to bothored, so thats the end of that really.

The soloution would be to obviously go out and buy a Right full back, this was my point I'm sure there are as good maybe even better and more experienced fulls backs out there than Bradley. GJ said if Orr goes persumably Johnson wants him to leave as soon as possible, we will be in the market for a full back. I'm not sure how Riberio is getting on but he is another option also at full back.

What I'm saying is many people seem to think Orr will be a huge loss, IMO if the right man is brought in then he wont be like i said this is my opnion and I'm sure you will have your views too.

And while all the wrangling is going on, get Orr back in the side and move Wilson to wide right.

That would give us some sort of defence on the right - which we most definitely don't have at this time, and enable Wilson to get forward which he is good at.

Keep Wilson at full back and he will cost us goals.

Too right. Waste of time having him sat in the stands, get him playing!

Of course i would also prefer Orr over Wilson but he has made hes decsion he wants to go else were for more money and GJ dosnt seem to bothored, so thats the end of that really.

Has Orr actually made that statement? Gary Johnson has but I havent seen it anywhere from Bradders... As far as I am concerned he wants pay parity at City and if he could get that he would sign...

i think he might be worth it

i mean, i like wilson very much, but he is not good enough defensively and positionaly to play there in this division, however he certainly is good enough to play on our right hand side!

so if we could perhaps put nobbler in the middle for one of either marv or LJ as both have been below standard for the majority of the season, put wilson on the right and orr back at right back i think we will be much better off defensively, whilst getting arguably our best player in his position, therefore benifiting our front line too

His fellow hoofballers can say whatever they wan't. Bradley Orr is not a FOOTBALLER. Being 47 my technique and pace outclass his. The sad thing is that this is perfectly trough. We should not waste our money on an untalented right back despite his good goalscoring record.

And while all the wrangling is going on, get Orr back in the side and move Wilson to wide right.

That would give us some sort of defence on the right - which we most definitely don't have at this time, and enable Wilson to get forward which he is good at.

Keep Wilson at full back and he will cost us goals.

I'm sure the first post said that :innocent06:

Archived