IGNORED

Ricky Lambert

Robbored

So lets get this right, we think Johnson is looking at a Striker who is, maybe carrying one or two pounds more then he should, he is slow, scores goals at League One but unproven at Championship level, is good at set pieces.....but overall work rate is poor.

Yep....sounds like a Johnson man to me! He will be with us by 5pm on January 1st

Oh ye of little faith !!!!! but your right :crying:

well Maynard cost us 2.25 and Trundle a million, why shudnt lambert be at least 750k? Hes top scorer in league one, and got probably the best goals to game ration outside the Premier League.

He's obviously a very good league one player...could he make the step up, only one way to find out and that is see him play in the Championship.

If he was playing for Peterborough there would be a lot more support for signing him.

Over the last two weeks at skittles I've got chatting to some gasheads who independently all reckoned that Lambert is on his way south of the river to AG.

They all also think that despite his lack of pace that he's the real deal and compare him to Teddy Sheringham in his style. A natural goalscorer with a decent free kick as well.

One of them quipped that the only way to stop Lambert scoring would be for City to sign him..

I very much doubt that with strikers already at AG that Johnson would be remotely interested in Lambert - but you never know...

A few of my mates belong to the blue few and they have said we can have him. Lazy apparently and tries long range shots cos he has no pace. Their words not mine!! :whistle2:

well Maynard cost us 2.25 and Trundle a million, why shudnt lambert be at least 750k? Hes top scorer in league one, and got probably the best goals to game ration outside the Premier League.

He's obviously a very good league one player...could he make the step up, only one way to find out and that is see him play in the Championship.

If he was playing for Peterborough there would be a lot more support for signing him.

So was Maynard a good League 1 player now he can't hit a barn door!! (Sheff Wed 3 chances and fluffed em all)

Peterboro' can have Lambert when we sign the pacey and impressive Mackail-Smith in January. :fingerscrossed:

Barry Fry was on BBC Radio Cambs this morning stating "Bristol Rovers have rebuffed all offers from Posh for Lambert". Due to that Irish millionair who now owns the club, Posh are no longer a selling club and have put silly price tags (2 to 5 million) on M-S and their other forwards so they either stay at the club or make a fantastic profit.

Guest pepsi&shirley
It must suck to be a gashead.

Knowing that if Lambert really is THAT good, we will sign him.

The truth however is that he isn't good enough, so they can keep him.

No phatwill..The truth is that if he isn't good enough you probably will sign him :whistle2:

The owner of the salon where I get my hair cut said yesterday that he's heard this a lot too, and he cuts a lot of the Rovers players hair

I said that it would be unlikely that we'd gamble on another striker from League 1 after Maynard who has struggled for goals and finding the step up a bit more difficult that expected. Especially another striker who has no pace!

£750k to send the sags back to the basement where they belong?

Bargain

Guest pepsi&shirley
Course we will young plopsi, we need a boot cleaner, and of course that would knock a couple of grand off your gates when he goes, happy xmas :rofl2br:

Thanks & seasons greetings to you 4eveREDDy...May the yuletide log slip from your fire & burn your house down :colder:

Thanks & seasons greetings to you 4eveREDDy...May the yuletide log slip from your fire & burn your house down :colder:

Why thank you kind sir, say hi to all my fans on your forum and wish them all a very happy christmas, hope to meet them all in the new year, they will know who i am, i will be the one carrying a gallon of 4 star :laugh:

Wishful thinking from the deluded gas fans.

Lambert is having a purple patch, where by his own admission he can't stop laughing at his amazing good luck as everything he hits flies into the net.

Not good enough to keep it up, and certainly not at Championship level.

He's not good enough to keep it up?

Lambert is very much the real deal. Terrific technical ability, fantastic vision and he's certainly got that bit of brilliance in his locker that wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League, let alone the Championship. See below.

The Best of Lambert

If he does end up leaving in January, I've no doubt it will be to join a bigger and more successful club than BCFC.

He's not good enough to keep it up?

Lambert is very much the real deal. Terrific technical ability, fantastic vision and he's certainly got that bit of brilliance in his locker that wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League, let alone the Championship. See below.

The Best of Lambert

If he does end up leaving in January, I've no doubt it will be to join a bigger and more successful club than BCFC.

No, he's not good enough to keep it up.

A year or so gas fans wanted rid of him. He's hit and miss, at the moment he's hitting.

Purple patch in the 3rd division does not equate to someone who "wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League".

That's plainly ridiculous, as it is to think a bigger club than City would take him on. I expect he'll want to get shot of his gas connections asap but when he does it will most likely to be to one of the many more successful clubs at his present level.

No, he's not good enough to keep it up.

A year or so gas fans wanted rid of him. He's hit and miss, at the moment he's hitting.

Purple patch in the 3rd division does not equate to someone who "wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League".

That's plainly ridiculous, as it is to think a bigger club than City would take him on. I expect he'll want to get shot of his gas connections asap but when he does it will most likely to be to one of the many more successful clubs at his present level.

What utter rubbish.

If you think Rovers fan wanted rid of him then you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

Clearly you've never seen him play, apart from the obvious time he made Basso put his arms up and surrender.

What utter rubbish.

If you think Rovers fan wanted rid of him then you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

Clearly you've never seen him play, apart from the obvious time he made Basso put his arms up and surrender.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

When he wasn't scoring Lambert wasn't popular amongst Rovers fans and they're not exactly renowned for their patience, are they?

Lambert's not good enough for Bristol City and I'd be shocked if GJ and SL think any different.

What utter rubbish.

How long did it take for pieboy to amass 4 goals in his 1st season with the gas, was it 25 or so games, and in the bottom tier to boot, without trawling through your forum I clearly remember there being plenty of comments about him being a waste of money.

Nice to see you can do rational debate instead of the usual diatribe and abuse you throw at any red on your forum.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

When he wasn't scoring Lambert wasn't popular amongst Rovers fans and they're not exactly renowned for their patience, are they?

Lambert's not good enough for Bristol City and I'd be shocked if GJ and SL think any different.

Lambert would walk into your side as he'd be the best striker in your squad bar none.

He didn't set the world alight when he arrived due to injury which impacted on his fitness. Since his fitness was sorted, he's been terrific for us.

GJ might think he's not good enough, but that's not surprising considering his ability, or lack of, to identify and sign decent strikers.

Lambert would walk into your side as he'd be the best striker in your squad bar none.

He didn't set the world alight when he arrived due to injury which impacted on his fitness. Since his fitness was sorted, he's been terrific for us.

GJ might think he's not good enough, but that's not surprising considering his ability, or lack of, to identify and sign decent strikers.

don't talk utter nonesense you idiot. Maynard comes with far better stats than Lambert and is just begining to get used to things now, he will be a better striker than Lambert can ever dream of.

What so you are honestly saying Lambert is better than the likes of Stern John who has played and scored at the highest level for club and Country?

Give it a rest, Lambert is nothing more than a good lower league striker he hasnt proved once that he can compete at championship level as he has only ever played in the lower leagues so how you can say he would walk in our side is laghauble considering you have no eveidence.

You only have to look at Maynard to get your answer, he was very good in the lower leagues and at the moment is struggling to do well at this level. Maynard has MUCH more ability than Lambert yet he is till struggling to score goals.

Archived