IGNORED

Ricky Lambert

Robbored

Lambert would walk into your side as he'd be the best striker in your squad bar none.

He didn't set the world alight when he arrived due to injury which impacted on his fitness. Since his fitness was sorted, he's been terrific for us.

GJ might think he's not good enough, but that's not surprising considering his ability, or lack of, to identify and sign decent strikers.

What level has Lambert scored his goals at?

What level do Bristol City currently play football at?

Answer these two questions then youll realise how ridiculous your statement is.

What so you are honestly saying Lambert is better than the likes of Stern John who has played and scored at the highest level for club and Country?

Give it a rest, Lambert is nothing more than a good lower league striker he hasnt proved once that he can compete at championship level as he has only ever played in the lower leagues so how you can say he would walk in our side is laghauble considering you have no eveidence.

You only have to look at Maynard to get your answer, he was very good in the lower leagues and at the moment is struggling to do well at this level. Maynard has MUCH more ability than Lambert yet he is till struggling to score goals.

He's here all week.

So come on then tell me what makes R lambert better than Maynard? Maynard scored nearly as many as that fat **** lambert last season despite breaking his leg.

Maybe the fact he's got actual techical ability and doesn't rely on pace?

And the fact he can actually finish when one on one with the keeper (see Wednesday, Sheffield).

Maybe the fact he's got actual techical ability and doesn't rely on pace?

And the fact he can actually finish when one on one with the keeper (see Wednesday, Sheffield).

So your saying Fatso has never missed a chance, yes it was a sitter but ive seen ryan giggs miss an open goal, is lambert as good as him? For taking a one on one chance see his goal Watford at home, a chance lambert would never have converted because he would have not have been able to get his Fat arse in place to take the chance in the first place. You gasheads are so fickle its untrue, i can remember when loads of you were ciritasising the board for buying the player behind your managers back, I suppose you have forgotton all that though now hes hit his purple patch.....

So your saying Fatso has never missed a chance, yes it was a sitter but ive seen ryan giggs miss an open goal, is lambert as good as him? For taking a one on one chance see his goal Watford at home, a chance lambert would never have converted because he would have not have been able to get his Fat arse in place to take the chance in the first place. You gasheads are so fickle its untrue, i can remember when loads of you were ciritasising the board for buying the player behind your managers back, I suppose you have forgotton all that though now hes hit his purple patch.....

Fatso? What's Stern John got to do with this? :nono:

Fatso? What's Stern John got to do with this? :nono:

Jealous beacuse a player of Sterns calabre would never go to Rovers?

It really is laughable the way you even mention Lamberts name in the same sentance as Stern John.

Lambert is a lower league striker that has had a decent season so far, why are you getting so carryed away with it all?

Lambert would walk into your side as he'd be the best striker in your squad bar none.

He didn't set the world alight when he arrived due to injury which impacted on his fitness. Since his fitness was sorted, he's been terrific for us.

GJ might think he's not good enough, but that's not surprising considering his ability, or lack of, to identify and sign decent strikers.

You don't seem to have the faintest clue about the qualities required to be a successful Championship striker.

I wonder when you last watched a Championship match live from the stands so you would have some credible basis for your patently ridiculous opinion and statements.

Lambert is a lower league journeyman enjoying a fortuitous purple patch the like of which he will probably never enjoy again.

He might go to Peterboro' for 3-400k.

One thing is certain, he will want to get as far away from the Memorial Ground and the most fickle fans in the League as soon as he possibly can, whichever club comes in for him.

Jealous beacuse a player of Sterns calabre would never go to Rovers?

It really is laughable the way you even mention Lamberts name in the same sentance as Stern John.

Lambert is a lower league striker that has had a decent season so far, why are you getting so carryed away with it all?

He came to us last season in January with Southampton and looked like a fish out of water.

Lower league defender Craig Hinton had him in his pocket throughout.

John was an half decent player in his day, but it's safe to say his best days are well and truely behind him. Needless to say, GJ's great eye for a striker focused in on John and he became the 8,456th striker to sign for you under Johnson's reign.

If you offered every Championship manager either John or Lambert, you would get one response. (No, it wouldn't be John).

He came to us last season in January with Southampton and looked like a fish out of water.

Lower league defender Craig Hinton had him in his pocket throughout.

John was an half decent player in his day, but it's safe to say his best days are well and truely behind him. Needless to say, GJ's great eye for a striker focused in on John and he became the 8,456th striker to sign for you under Johnson's reign.

If you offered every Championship manager either John or Lambert, you would get one response. (No, it wouldn't be John).

Take your blue tinted glasses off man and join us in the real world, If you TRULEY believe that and are not just on a wind up then you are completley deluded, Do you know how many S John scored last season in the CHAMPIONSHIP?

Take your blue tinted glasses off man and join us in the real world, If you TRULEY believe that and are not just on a wind up then you are completley deluded, Do you know how many S John scored last season in the CHAMPIONSHIP?

Do you know how many S John has scored this season in the CHAMPIONSHIP?

His best days are behind him, unlike Lambert.

Guest pepsi&shirley
And you are where in what league Shirtlifter? People in glass houses............

Fred, long time no speak....Where have you been??? Its not the same without you!! :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

Peterboro' can have Lambert when we sign the pacey and impressive Mackail-Smith in January. :fingerscrossed:

According to some Posh fans, M-S is off to Brum in January for £4 million. Could / would City better that offer?

In the close season Wolves tried buying his partner Maclean, but wouldn't pay the price Posh asked. Today's rumour is "IF Ewbanks-Blake goes to the Prem in January, Wolves will offer £5 million for Maclean".

Congratulations, you've offficially made the trip from silly and ignorant land to clueless know nothing city.

3-400k wouldn't even buy his little toe.

You don't know anything at all about Championship football or the qualities required for strikers to be successful there, do you? :dunno:

Not surprising really - you support Bristol Rovers, traditionally a struggling lower league side of little note and you desperately deluded Rovers fans elevate talentless players playing aimless hoofball into near God like status. If one of them actually goes on a scoring run he's suddenly Premier League standard.

Laughable.

When the reality of your hopelessly dull club eventually sinks in it's hardly surprising you are bitter towards Bristol's most popular and only successful football club.

Lambert isn't particularly good, he may be the best of a very poor bunch at your club, but he still isn't up to Bristol City or Championship standard.

The whole thing is pitiful. :no:

Your lot are calling for the head of GJ, yet we're the fickle ones?!

Haha Not as many as whos calling for the head of your most successfull manager in your recent history. Yes you are fickle but like to pretend otherwise, in fact your completey full of sh*t.

You don't know anything at all about Championship football or the qualities required for strikers to be successful there, do you? :dunno:

Considering I've seen the likes of Stewart, Hayles, Roberts, Ellington, Cureton etc graduate from our side, I've got a fair idea when it comes to judging those who can make it and those who can't.

When the reality of your hopelessly dull club eventually sinks in it's hardly surprising you are bitter towards Bristol's most popular and only successful football club.

Have you not seen the league table tonight?

Hate to break it to you chief, but your a team on the decline.

Goes to show what us lot keep telling you last season, your success was built on luck and good fortune.

Haha Not as many as whos calling for the head of your most successfull manager in your recent history. Yes you are fickle but like to pretend otherwise, in fact your completey full of sh*t.

Haha keep it coming partner.

When all else fails, bring out the insults.

Your lot are calling for the head of GJ, yet we're the fickle ones?!

I take it they haven't discovered Marconi's device just yet on your estate then, if they had you may have heard about 5 or 6 callers saying to Geoff Twentypence say that it's time trollope was give the heave ho then.

I'll let you fill in the expletives as your so good at them on your own forum.

Why don't you **** *** to your own ****** forum ******

Considering I've seen the likes of Stewart, Hayles, Roberts, Ellington, Cureton etc graduate from our side, I've got a fair idea when it comes to judging those who can make it and those who can't.

None of you blue lot noticed Zomora's quality...

Have you not seen the league table tonight?

Hate to break it to you chief, but your a team on the decline.

Goes to show what us lot keep telling you last season, your success was built on luck and good fortune.

Goes to show you know F all about football which is no surprising seeing as you suppoert Rovers. 46 games all played with luck and good fortune, its laughable.

To be fair alot of people rated him, just those who made the key decisions didn't seem to.

And the rest is history.

I'll admit. Lambert is good and technically good. But so is trundle. Lamberts of pace will see him struggle like trundle....

Goes to show you know F all about football which is no surprising seeing as you suppoert Rovers. 46 games all played with luck and good fortune, its laughable.

It's just as laughable as those on this thread who have declared Lambo's 18 goals have come from luck.

Archived