IGNORED

Farewell Robins Pub & Quba Ice (topics Merged)

madmax

How many jobs have the big supermarkets created in say the past 5 years versus job losses in the farming industry?

Communities are changing - most people would i'm afraid rather be able to afford to feed their family than protect the profit margins of a farmer.

Sad but true.

What a strange view, considering supermarkets have ruined local shops and high streets across the country, limiting choice and palming off poor quality products cheaply.

I think the smoking ban has nothing to do with it aswell, do you actually know any smokers that have gone "Actually, i wont go down the pub tonight as i have to stand outside for a smoke"

Its more to do with the high prices of a pint of beer and people not having a lot of money. You cant even get four pints for a tenner anymore, the price of beer has actually got to the price where people have to think about it before going out.

Yes I do, Me !!!!, there has been lots of occasions where I haven't gone out to my local, purely because of the hassle I have to deal with being a smoker, you know rain, cold weather etc , smoking for me was always part of the pleasure of drinking, now I find it not quite so enjoyable.

don't think the smoking ban has anything to do with pubs closing etc etc.

The reason that its put in place is because passively smoking is very dangerous and can cause cancer.

Or would you rather the ban not be there? :noexpression:

I would have preferred to have been given a choice.

I would have preferred to have been given a choice.

We certainly should be given the choice in what's supposed to be a 'free country'. Our scummer Government is now moving against people that they perceive as drinking too much alcohol. The first phase of this campaign is their NHS alcohol unit measurement advertisements - a few years on and the consumption of alcohol will be banned in public places just as smoking is now. Where's the merry atmosphere at football matches going to come from if we're banned from drinking as well ????!!!! :noexpression:

Hen & Chicken used to be a proper boozer, great memories watching euro 96 games down there! (gash now)

What a summer that was!

Watched the Swiss game at Inmans house, but watched the Dutch, Jocks and Spain games in the H&C.

Happy days indeed mate.

**** all to do with smoking ban..the rates are highthe brewrys make the moneey not the pubs...Did the pub try to adapt? probabley not..serving food is a winner the profits can be hugh.

I'll GRANT you that, ;) but it's not an option for all pubs, not enough room for catering etc.

I smoke and don't use the pubs half has much as before the ban, infact me and a few mates would rather stay at home with a flagon of natch and play cards or get the PS3 out, than have to stand outside in the freezing cold like some leppars, I just think if the goverment had made provision for a smoking room completely separate to other bars the effect wouldn't have been so hard on the pub trade.

Archived