IGNORED

Izzy Iriekpen?

cityseb

good spot

no better than existing CB's but decent enough as backup. Going out of contract so prob miniscule fee aswell, does make me worry a little for wilson though.

If he is the prospect he is being touted to be then I'm surprised he isnt deemed ready to be our 4th choice CB yet???

No fee at all, hes a free agent.

Hes getting a lot of abuse on their 606 site!!

The main reason Swanseaspur was, because he was costing us points almost every time he played, his mistakes almost always cost us goals, plus he was injured 60% of the time he spent at Scunny.

can't say that I am dissapointed as his form was very woeful.

Hopefully as someone else pointed out on there he wasnt giving 100% and he turns out to be a very astute signing...

We signed another player once can't remember who it was and the first we heard of it was another manager saying he had turned them down and was coming to us instead so il take this as truth and he will be coming here.

We signed another player once can't remember who it was and the first we heard of it was another manager saying he had turned them down and was coming to us instead so il take this as truth and he will be coming here.

akinde i think, darren ferguson was after him but said that he was coming to us.

Iriekpen isn't good enough for League One, has a bad attitude too. Watched him once for Swansea and he was awful (totally left a player unmarked from a free kick) and has a head like a fifty pence piece.

My Swansea supporting mate tells me that Iriekpen is one of the poorest centre backs they've had in years, just has pace and nothing else. Please, let's not sign him!! :noexpression:

So lets just slag off a potential new signing even before he kicks a ball for us. As I see it I don't care what other players have done for other clubs when they come to us its a clean slate and I form a opinion on them based on what they do in a City shirt.

So lets just slag off a potential new signing even before he kicks a ball for us. As I see it I don't care what other players have done for other clubs when they come to us its a clean slate and I form a opinion on them based on what they do in a City shirt.

Regardless of what he is like off the field on the field i really don't think he would be good enough, For swansea he was decent in League 1 but the championship as we all know is a completly different ball game.

I think we should be looking at players that have had experience at this level IMO unless they are good young prospects like Maynard.

Seems an very odd signing if true? remember him playing against us few times for Swansea in the past and never really been impressed with him even at that level.

still he's only likely to be backup and on a free transfer and a contract till the end of the season he'll be ok until Riberio and Wilson are 100% fit.

Regardless of what he is like off the field on the field i really don't think he would be good enough, For swansea he was decent in League 1 but the championship as we all know is a completly different ball game.

I think we should be looking at players that have had experience at this level IMO unless they are good young prospects like Maynard.

Good point; league one defenders can't cut in in the championship

I can't think of a single defender in our back 4 who played for us in league one, that could have cut it in the championship

Good point; league one defenders can't cut in in the championship

I can't think of a single defender in our back 4 who played for us in league one, that could have cut it in the championship

difference is those players PROVED they were excellent league one players and gained promotion with a league one club

He joined a promoted and then promptly relegated Championship Team last season and wasn't even a regular for them, not saying it was all his fault or anything in the slightest, can understand though if people aren't inspired though.

still as said in an earlier post, ok cover until end of season and no doubt just a stop gap signing until Riberio is fit.

Clearly there are areas of a greater perceived need but the signing of Webster, who was obviously recently released, shows that Johnson thinks we need defensive cover. And considering up until recently Skuse was the first port of call for that cover then the move starts to make more sense.

A player with something to prove perhaps, we know Gary loves one of those.

His agent has stated that he is coming here:

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...cal/7845662.stm

As cover until the end of the season like John probably.

The only logical explanation if it's more to it is that Johnson is grateful he diden't get beat up in easter time 2007 and now it's payback time.

"Listen big man; You don't beat me up and I help you out wherever it is from".

Archived