IGNORED

Izzy Iriekpen?

cityseb

I'm making the assumption that if we are not looking for a permanent centre half he is happy with Carey, Fontaine, McCombe and Wilson as his options, when all are fit. From what little we know he seems to want another left back, which seems to be higher priority given that we have only one natural left back. We shall see, though not necessarily in this window.

The squad is screaming out for genuine competition in the Left Back and Central Midfield creative areas (given Noble and Williams seem to be surplus to requirements). I would like to think that James Wilson is very close to earning a first team start regardless of Iriekpen joining us.

Gary and his management team have had over 3 months to look for players they might want.If they sign someone it should be someone they have done their homework on.The fact that yet again all we looking at is a host of trialists suggests to me that GJ has not done much homework or doesn't want too sign anyone.

can't really disagree with that, despite saying only days after the loan window closed that he was looking to bring in 4/5 in jan, one week from the deadline and it appears to have been all talk and little action.

The squad is screaming out for genuine competition in the Left Back and Central Midfield creative areas (given Noble and Williams seem to be surplus to requirements). I would like to think that James Wilson is very close to earning a first team start regardless of Iriekpen joining us.

agreed, James Wilson is apparently fit now, so I don't really see the need for Iriekpen, unless a left sided and centre midfield players are brought in it's going to be a midtable season, so we may just as well give James Wilson a chance in the team to sink or swim.

The only reason I can see for signing Iriekpen is if he doesn't feel Wilson is ready for the team yet and is preparing him for a league 1 loan move fairly soon?

can't really disagree with that, despite saying only days after the loan window closed that he was looking to bring in 4/5 in jan, one week from the deadline and it appears to have been all talk and little action.

When the heck did GJ say he was looking to bring in 4/5 players - sounds like utter nonsense!

Archived