IGNORED

Roberto Merino

jambodinho

What crap it would not take him 3 months to get match fit. Will we sign a midfielder? Looks like a big NO!!!

BLOODY HECK.....how unfit was he?

the whole "dispute with his current club" and the amount of clubs he's had in a short time, was possibly also sign of potential problems long term.

best left alone

This guy might be a little unfit but if he as the talent and skills, GJ did not say he was not good enough. Sounds like he could have been a bargain. Still worth a punt if you ask me.

If he was going to take 3 months to get fit, and that was a reason not to sign him, then why was he on trial in the first place? Bleep test and bus ticket.

From the looks of things this could b a white lie...just a gess but it could b because he has an attitude problem and not due to fittness.

Just because hes had 6 clubs in 8 years and that he has gone on trial to us due to a bust up with him manager. IMO not a johnson signing, thats y hes sent him packing,

just a thought.

Crazy how excitement sweeps people away.

Disappointing for sure as we need a new central midfield option, but no doubt the correct decision based on more than a flashy youtube clip.

I know, but I haven't seen city play for a month, every little helps and all that! :dancing6:

Obviously you are right, in Gary we trust!

Could be we have turned him down as we have been successful elsewhere with a better option? Or is that just too optimistic?

You never know. Personally i don't think GJ sees the creative midfielder area as a problem, and i supsect he would be happy to keep things in that department as it is untill the end of the season.

However If GJ is in the market for a creative player i cant for the life of me understand why we havnt made an approach for Darren Ambrose,he is tryed and tested at this level (and higher) and with Charltons sitution they would probably accept a low bid for him.

Aww Damit, :laugh: I was hoping to get to the end of this thread and find out he had signed :disapointed2se:

Some of those youtube clips were pretty weird, ball attached to foot with fishing line time. :noexpression:

Would he get much time to show off those skill in the Championship though? Champ centre halfs don't ball watch as much, I think he would be taken apart, being unfit too and the reasons why obviously ruled him out.

Whew though, has the ball skill to grace most clubs i reckon.

Why give a trial to someone who needs 3 months to get fit? If he hasn't played recently to maintain his fitness you would find this out beforehand one would think.

Oh well, looks as though we'll have same lack of transfer excitement as this time last year when we should have strenghtened to gain auto promotion.

Izzy could be decent cover but I still feel that our options in midfield are limited, especially if further injuries or suspensions should arise.

Do we as a club have the ambition to go forward with recognised quality signingsor are we after promotion 'on the cheap'?

In Johnson we trust.

Why give a trial to someone who needs 3 months to get fit? If he hasn't played recently to maintain his fitness you would find this out beforehand one would think.

Oh well, looks as though we'll have same lack of transfer excitement as this time last year when we should have strenghtened to gain auto promotion.

Izzy could be decent cover but I still feel that our options in midfield are limited, especially if further injuries or suspensions should arise.

Do we as a club have the ambition to go forward with recognised quality signingsor are we after promotion 'on the cheap'?

In Johnson we trust.

You can only really gauge a players fitness after a full 90, and thats what GJ did, after than he concluded he needed a few months of training before he was ready. I see no problem there really.

Yeps, gotta leave these kinda worries to the club, we'll just have to see i spose...

He must have been blowing something terrible if he's that unfit and played 90 mins! Crawling round the pitch at the end was he! Ah the cheeky little London wheeler dealer and his reasons, I think I love the bloke!

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Archived