IGNORED

Roberto Merino

jambodinho

I think we may be waiting more than a year for a replacement for Carle or any midfielder for that matter. The reasons? Well, on my limited knowledge of Lee Johnsons private life, i am simply assuming he cant have a son as clearly if he did and he were over 10 years old, he would be playing alongside Lee in centre mid and he would play every game because GJ is his Grandad.

This lack of signing a midfielder is purely a wating game untill GJ has a grandson to play instead of Noble, i just wish he'd thought of adopting Darren Ambrose, then he could play both his sons EVERY game. I also just hope and prey that Lee doesnt have a daughter, as that could spell the end for GJ.

This is no conspiracy theory, IT IS FACT.

:tumbleweed:

:tumbleweed:

Next August? :o

You think it is reasonable to wait over a year for Carle's replacement?

You must be one of the most patient football fans around.

Carle wasn't the player we wanted or we'd have kept him. Personally I saw very little of much use in all the times I saw him play. He just looked like a competent midfielder who wanted to get himself sent off at every opportunity.

These things take time and I'm happy to wait. Forward progress will need to happen eventually but it doesn't need to happen immediately so why rush it?

The Merino episode looks pretty clear cut to me.

Gary, ever the diplomat and protector of information he deems not for the public domain puts out a statement about his fitness level taking 2-3 months and so lets him go.

I think where he appears to undermine this remark is when he says 'we will not be pursuing this further' . It seems a little odd. if he is not fit, as some have said, how can he get a good judgement on his full ability.

If it was a genuine 'he's not quite good enough' then fair enough. If it was just down to fitness he surely would have come out and said... 'we have let him go, asked him to get fit and come back in the close season for another trial'.

of course... this may happen.

Or, perhaps equally likely, GJ is so busy he cannot always say exactly the right thing when questions are coming at him daily about players.

We would all like to see a decent skilled player in the team and Gary, IMO, shares this view or why would we have had Noble, Trundle and Carle at the club and now tries with Merino. Clearly, he is frustrated at trying to get such a player to fit in but i do not think he will give up looking.

Having said all of that the episode now looks entirely UNCLEAR !! :huh:

I'm fairly sure I saw it on World........

Yes, he said it on world..something along the lines of 'we have a replacement lined up'.

This is the source of usually rational posters (who see the games) on here blowing gaskets...we (innexplicably) sell a creative midfielder (when we didnt need to) to be told we are getting a replacement and when we don't, its understandable why people feel a bit duped.

When we get told this trialist is unfit, when we have signed foreign players who were unfit (and started games!) it becomes perplexing.

Johnsons biggest mistake....Had he sold carle without the assurances of a replacement, then there wouldnt be this reaction.

noble can go.

the peruvian is good with the ball, not interested if he hasnt, wont throw a tackle in.

styver is rubbish.

from a source within the club.

up to you.

aside from the bit about Styvar being rubbish, which is kind of subjective, I can well believe the other 2, and could well be the case. If this guy played on the wing, being good with the ball is a pre-requisite, but tracking back and closing down will also be demanded and that might be why GJ mentions the lack of fitness, it is polite talk for "you cant wander around without trying to get the ball back". Presumably this is also the reason Noble doesnt get many games.

aside from the bit about Styvar being rubbish, which is kind of subjective, I can well believe the other 2, and could well be the case. If this guy played on the wing, being good with the ball is a pre-requisite, but tracking back and closing down will also be demanded and that might be why GJ mentions the lack of fitness, it is polite talk for "you cant wander around without trying to get the ball back". Presumably this is also the reason Noble doesnt get many games.

Exactly my point about such players... it is so difficult to get one, which GJ clearly does and has, that put 100% effort in. If all our players gave like Macca we would be top.

Exactly my point about such players... it is so difficult to get one, which GJ clearly does and has, that put 100% effort in. If all our players gave like Macca we would be top.

well they are a rare breed unless they are so brilliant that you can build the team around them like maradona in 86. Noble and Trundle ARE good footballers, but I don't think they are consistently good enough to warrant having the team built around them to win us games by themselves at this level. The peruvian was worth bringing over, because if his work rate off the ball was as good as his skill on it, then we will have signed him up, but GJ probably wanted to see for himself what he was like before offering a contract.

What I like about McIndoe is that he hates losing probably more than any player I remember seeing play for city, but on the flip side I think his delivery from the left is less consistent than last season, but I think that is a confidence thing rather than any failings with technique.

Si.

well they are a rare breed unless they are so brilliant that you can build the team around them like maradona in 86. Noble and Trundle ARE good footballers, but I don't think they are consistently good enough to warrant having the team built around them to win us games by themselves at this level. The peruvian was worth bringing over, because if his work rate off the ball was as good as his skill on it, then we will have signed him up, but GJ probably wanted to see for himself what he was like before offering a contract.

What I like about McIndoe is that he hates losing probably more than any player I remember seeing play for city, but on the flip side I think his delivery from the left is less consistent than last season, but I think that is a confidence thing rather than any failings with technique.

Si.

Good point about Macca.

I may be wrong, but I don't think I ever saw a quote from Johnson saying there was a replacement lined up.

Be good if someone could find it.

Carle Set For Shock Move To Palace

Bristol City fans are in shock this morning, following reports that Nick Carle has been sold to Championship rivals, Crystal Palace.

Carle, who only arrived at Ashton Gate in January, was a key figure in City's play-off semi final victory at Selhurst Park and his performance clearly caught the eye of Palace manager, Neil Warnock.

Article continues below...

The details of the deal are unknown at this stage, but with the Australian international having signed for around £600k in January and with two years of his contract still to run, it's to be hoped it has taken a substantial bid to break Gary Johnson's resolve.

Nick Carle - On his way to Crystal Palace

Gary Johnson is yet to comment on the transfer, but it's being reported that the City boss has a replacement lined up, which should be announced later in the week.

With City having stated that they wouldn't be selling any players they wanted to keep at the club this summer, this move has rocked City's support and will doubtless increase the pressure on Gary Johnson to bring in some exciting signings over the coming weeks, to compensate for this disappointing news. :innocent06:

Carle Set For Shock Move To Palace

Bristol City fans are in shock this morning, following reports that Nick Carle has been sold to Championship rivals, Crystal Palace.

Carle, who only arrived at Ashton Gate in January, was a key figure in City's play-off semi final victory at Selhurst Park and his performance clearly caught the eye of Palace manager, Neil Warnock.

Article continues below...

The details of the deal are unknown at this stage, but with the Australian international having signed for around £600k in January and with two years of his contract still to run, it's to be hoped it has taken a substantial bid to break Gary Johnson's resolve.

Nick Carle - On his way to Crystal Palace

Gary Johnson is yet to comment on the transfer, but it's being reported that the City boss has a replacement lined up, which should be announced later in the week.

With City having stated that they wouldn't be selling any players they wanted to keep at the club this summer, this move has rocked City's support and will doubtless increase the pressure on Gary Johnson to bring in some exciting signings over the coming weeks, to compensate for this disappointing news. :innocent06:

Still waiting in '09

Archived