IGNORED

Lee Trundle Or Stern John

Whites

John is the proven scorer at this level. He has a sublime touch, although considering his wages and the fact he's been brought here to score goals, I think most of us would have expected more. That said, all strikers struggle from time to time (eg Maynard) and I'm confident he'll be an important component of the squad for the rest of the season.

Trundle, very simply, not proven in the championship. Fantastic entertainer and by all accounts a good bloke too, and I wish him well wherever he ends up. But the adulation he has received here for, frankly, not too much return, is ridiculous, as is the carping at John.

So, Stern for me every time.

As Bill Clinton said " what is, IS ?". In any case its just playing with words. We have two over paid 32 year olds at the end of their careers, both out on loan.

I would hope that they are both elsewhere next season.

To the original question, in a life and death situation I would choose Stern. Why, because he has done the job at this level and above. Trundle has not done a consistent job when selected. Imo, he is too easily pushed off the ball and too easily goes to ground and pleads with the referee. With someone his size he is a lightweight, especially compared to Brooker or Adebola who put themselves about.

Players like Trundle and Plummer will always attract attention with their skills and party tricks, in the hard reality of a the physical contest they are found wanting.

I accept Rednready's comment, but f I had to choose it would be John, as one has a proven record of scoring goals in the Championship in his career and the other doesn't.

I really doubt that we'll retain John beyond season's end, but I expect we'll find it far harder to attract any interest at all to take Trundle off our hands this summer.

I accept Rednready's comment, but f I had to choose it would be John, as one has a proven record of scoring goals in the Championship in his career and the other doesn't.

I really doubt that we'll retain John beyond season's end, but I expect we'll find it far harder to attract any interest at all to take Trundle off our hands this summer.

If Leeds fail to stagger into promotion, perhaps an undisclosed offer from Leeds may be the best we can expect and accept. In any event GJ will be likely to show a huge loss on the LT's investment.

Trundle for me. Afraid I'm in the 'was never given a constant run in the team' camp. Quality footballer and wonderful bloke (and before anyone says it, no I don't think you should be given games just because you're a nice guy, I was just noting it).

Trundle for me. Yes I know he's played alot, but he's never had the quality of service and with that quality service is far more likely to change a game than John.

The jury is still out for me on John, I want to him to show he wants to be here and to influence a game. Not seen this yet, but I don't doubt he has the ability. Show us your stuff John.

Trundle for me. Afraid I'm in the 'was never given a constant run in the team' camp. Quality footballer and wonderful bloke (and before anyone says it, no I don't think you should be given games just because you're a nice guy, I was just noting it).

Trundle has had 29 starts & 31 sub appearances and managed to score 8 goals

Even darren byfield got 8 goals and he only started 17 times and made 17 sub appearances - HE could claim that he never got enough opportunity. Trundle has been given a "rew constant runs" in the side and only one run of games looked good enough!

Blimey, I thought that I would be coming onto this thread and being one of the only people that said Stern John!

But yes, if he was properly up for it I would have John in the team any day. I think unfortunately LT came to the Championship a few years late. As much as I would have loved for him to set the league on fire he only ever looked like doing that against tiring players with 15 minutes to go.

Stern John for me.

They both only show glimpses of ability. However John gets in dangerous positions more frequently and therefore affects the game more.

Trundle was diabolical the other night-in league one!! anyone who says Trundle is being romantic and letting their heart rule their head I am afraid.

Sadly, football these days seems to be that the result is all that matters. Happily, for me that's not the case as I primarily go to football to be entertained.

So for me, it would be Trundle every time.

Exactly.

Neither player has a good goal return in a Red shirt, but Trundle adds so much more to an afternoon's enjoyment.

The excitement amongst the crowd when Trundle is about to come on compared with Stern says it all.

Trundle, by a mile.

Trundle for me every time! John looks disinterested and for all the 'He has a great touch, helps the youngsters' etc crap that is spouted, he was bought in to be a goal threat and he isn't.

I have watched every one of his performances bar 1 since he has been here and have come away thinking the same every time. He is here for his own benefit only, be that money or international team status. LT on the other hand plays with passion and excites the crowd when he plays.

I am a Trundle fan because I like players with flair and the ability to do the unexpected but can admit it has not worked out as planned thus far for him. But when all is said and done his goal against Palace and the 2 in the 1st game of last season made him excellent value for money imo.

Why? Because the 2 against QPR gave us the fans and more importantly the team the belief that City could compete at CCC level. The goal against palace took us to the 'Pray off' final. So all in all well worth having bought him.

I would like to see him given another shot in the same side as Maynard who is now finding his feet and the net with increasing assurity. Trundle could become the perfect creator for him I think and chip in with a few goals of his own. That said Adebola is performing brilliantly so a place on the bench is the best he could hope for atm.

Archived