IGNORED

Lee Trundle Or Stern John

Whites

Trundle for me every time! John looks disinterested and for all the 'He has a great touch, helps the youngsters' etc crap that is spouted, he was bought in to be a goal threat and he isn't.

I have watched every one of his performances bar 1 since he has been here and have come away thinking the same every time. He is here for his own benefit only, be that money or international team status. LT on the other hand plays with passion and excites the crowd when he plays.

I am a Trundle fan because I like players with flair and the ability to do the unexpected but can admit it has not worked out as planned thus far for him. But when all is said and done his goal against Palace and the 2 in the 1st game of last season made him excellent value for money imo.

Why? Because the 2 against QPR gave us the fans and more importantly the team the belief that City could compete at CCC level. The goal against palace took us to the 'Pray off' final. So all in all well worth having bought him.

I would like to see him given another shot in the same side as Maynard who is now finding his feet and the net with increasing assurity. Trundle could become the perfect creator for him I think and chip in with a few goals of his own. That said Adebola is performing brilliantly so a place on the bench is the best he could hope for atm.

Cant remember him scoring against QPR??!

yeah, well, at that point we all thought we hit the jackpot. But that was his longest run in the side and he got only 1 more goal at norwich - it was then we realised (or at least i did) that he was never going to be prolific and nothing more than average in this division.

As much as Stern John is annoying me at the moment i have to say i would prefer him to Trundle. John has a very good record at a high level were as Trundle is plain and simply a lower league striker that HAD talent but sadly wasted the best years of his carear in the lower leagues.

Its strange how everyone on this thread who said Stern John also complemented Trundle as a person! Yet everyone who chose Trundle has only bad things to say about John!I think that shows that alot of you John bashers just like Trundle as a person not for what he brings to the team!

In Johns first 8 or so games he had something like 2 goals, 2/3 dissalowed goals 3 assists,and 2 assists that were dissalowed! For all of Trundles tricks and flair he does not bring as much as that to the team! John is a lazy player and always has been yet has always played at a higher level than Trundle! Trundle tries really hard which most fans appreciate and I think makes them have a blinkered few of his contribution! If John tried as hard as Trundle he would not be playing for us and would probably be in a higher league!

Can i say no to both

neither will help us progress

Dele, Akinde, Maynard, Styvvar for me next season. Theres enough versatility in there with maynard and styvar so that we shouldnt need anyone else, regardless of formation. worst case injury scenario an emergency loan would do.

granted styvvar hasnt shone so far but its early days and we have already paid for him so gotta stick with him. Akinde looks v raw but promising and would benefit from the games.

IMO Trundle has had his time and his best days are behind him (pains me to say it), SJ doesnt seem to add that much, neither justify their alleged wages.

That's the point though, isn't it?

By that season's end Scunny were back to being a League One club again, so his double (2 of 7 league goals for us that also includes a penalty) came against a club of that standard......

1st option would be niether but if I had to choose Stern John all the way.

I would be happy if we let Trundle go to another club without recieving a fee if it meant we could save on his 500k a year contract. Nothing against him but he is NOT up to championship football and certainly not worth 10k a week.

By that season's end Scunny were back to being a League One club again, so his double (2 of 7 league goals for us that also includes a penalty) came against a club of that standard......

Poor argument mate. They were good enough to be in the CCC so to say they were a league 1 club in waiting is crap. So are Palace and Norwich League 1 clubs as well? :disapointed2se:

See at the end of the day having Trundle served a purpose, he scored a few (not enough admitedly) important goals.

To the people that point to Johns prolific scoring record check your stats, he has averaged 8 goals per season for the last 10 years. Add to the equation his 20+ last year that is hardly prooven and certainly not prolific by any standard. If you want to argue his international record, again check the standard of opposition as people do with Trundle. One of the last centre halves he scored against had played for the mighty Weston - Super - Mare at the height of his career no less! Top quality! :disapointed2se:

John was bought here to score goals and has not, so as a loan signing he is a poor aquisition regardless of Trundles ability or if people profess his help and experience. If that is so important give him a coaching job.

Its strange how everyone on this thread who said Stern John also complemented Trundle as a person! Yet everyone who chose Trundle has only bad things to say about John!

Trundle for me, but, I think Stern is a lovely bloke with a generous, warm nature that can only be admired and lusted after.

Just out of interest, how come everyone says what a "top bloke" Trundle is?

Always smiling at fans

claps them everytime he comes out the tunnel or goes in

always; ALWAYS signs autographs and poses for pictures both on match day and if you bump in to him on the street and will share a laugh and a joke and will take time out for any fan who approaches him

Most would say this should be the norm, but, too many players in the past have proven that simply is not true !!

That's a strange argument.

The supposed lack of quality of the opposition isn't relevant in this case - they were 2 fantastic shots which would, in my opinion, have beaten any goalkeeper at any level.

I was directly behind the 2 shots and the exquisite chip over the keeper into the far top corner was amongst the very best goals I've seen in 40 years of watching live football. In fact I'm struggling to think of one that even approaches it.

That was the sensational quality Trundle is capable of, and there are very few players at any level who could match that.

The fact is that very few chances were ever created by others for Trundle to miss, and his goals total in the Championship, though paltry, has to be seen in the light of playing for what has been a low scoring team for several years and whose top scorer even in a promotion season could only muster less than double figures.

That's a strange argument.

The supposed lack of quality of the opposition isn't relevant in this case - they were 2 fantastic shots which would, in my opinion, have beaten any goalkeeper at any level.

I was directly behind the 2 shots and the exquisite chip over the keeper into the far top corner was amongst the very best goals I've seen in 40 years of watching live football. In fact I'm struggling to think of one that even approaches it.

That was the sensational quality Trundle is capable of, and there are very few players at any level who could match that.

The fact is that very few chances were ever created by others for Trundle to miss, and his goals total in the Championship, though paltry, has to be seen in the light of playing for what has been a low scoring team for several years and whose top scorer even in a promotion season could only muster less than double figures.

Stern John for me. Trundle does have quality in his left foot but you don't see it often enough at Championship level and he will be gone in the Summer IF there are any takers out there. Stern John seems to be more involved in the play than people give him credit for (watch the highlights on World if you don't believe me).

As others have said I would not be mortified if we saw out the season with Maynard, Dele, Styvar and Big Bad John to be honest.

Poor argument mate. They were good enough to be in the CCC so to say they were a league 1 club in waiting is crap. So are Palace and Norwich League 1 clubs as well? :disapointed2se:

To the people that point to Johns prolific scoring record check your stats, he has averaged 8 goals per season for the last 10 years. Add to the equation his 20+ last year that is hardly prooven and certainly not prolific by any standard. If you want to argue his international record, again check the standard of opposition as people do with Trundle. One of the last centre halves he scored against had played for the mighty Weston - Super - Mare at the height of his career no less! Top quality! :disapointed2se:

John was bought here to score goals and has not, so as a loan signing he is a poor aquisition regardless of Trundles ability or if people profess his help and experience. If that is so important give him a coaching job.

S****horpe were bottom two all last season, to me they never made the step up, I have no idea whether Palace or Norwich will go down, Scunny were doomed before Xmas to me.

We could quote stats at each other ad infinitum but amongst those seasons you mentioned Stern John spent of them 2 playing in the Prem where a season's best of 5 simply can't ever be compared with scoring for fun against the likes of Crewe and Chesterfield in the third tier of English football.

I have no idea who the ex-Weston centre half is, but John did start 3 games at the 2006 World Cup final, the 2 England centre halves he faced being Rio Ferdinand and John Terry, I doubt they've played in the Screwfix; plus his 19 league goals in the Championship last season (in a side that finished in the bottom five) are in my opinion more Championship goals than Lee Trundle will score in his entire career.

I have watched every one of his performances bar 1 since he has been here and have come away thinking the same every time. He is here for his own benefit only, be that money or international team status. LT on the other hand plays with passion and excites the crowd when he plays.

I think they share a rather higher opinion of him in Trinidad, so doesn't need to get in the shop window here to get a game there.

As for here for the money, how can you possibly say? We're clearly not paying more that Saints, therefore it's a completely illogical argument.

One thing I would say about the Trundle love in - and I repeat he seems like a thoroughly genuine, decent sort of bloke - is that if any of our players constantly banged on about how much they loved their former club, they'd be none too popular.

Neither, although i do like Trundle as a person, Johns a ####### and sooner he's back with the saints the better ( Ain't often i slag a player off either)

Unless you know him, or have direct experience of him, how can you possibly say he's a - whatever that word was that's been blocked?!

Why would other squad members go out of their way to praise. And why would he go leave the dressing room, to go and defend one of his new team-mates, dressed only in his pants, if he was such a ######?

John has been slated for his first few starts as a City player and yeah i don't blame anyone, but its his passes and his reading of the game is just a cut above most of our players on the pitch. Against Barnsley i think it was he was given the ball to feet and there was space to his left and he obviously thought there was going to be a runner, so he flicked it on. I think he just needs to work on knowing what the other players are going to do. Obviously hes doing something right, otherwise he wouldnt of been brought on loan/ getting games here!

As for Trundle, I would really hope for him to cut it at this level but tbh i don't think he has the quick thinking and ability to get into/ out of situations around the box. We all know his ability and what he can do, id love to see him back at City and getting some goals but ive got low hopes.

Overall, i'd prefer John as He has that cutting edge at this level that Trunds doesnt.

Archived