IGNORED

Ian Holloway - From Our Lads On Soccer Am

Rocky

To be fair, when we were on it and they showed the goals from the previous weekend, we booed the Bristol Rovers goal and the producer came over and told us off, as it's "not the atmosphere they want on Soccer AM".

Really?? When we were on it (Start of the Tinman management era) we were encouraged to boo the Gas and Cardiff as loud as possible!

Still, me and the missus are expecting our first baby, and she wants to call it ollie if it is a boy and she cant understand why I am so against it.

Ollie is the derivation of Oliver. Oliver is a very distinguished forename. Oliver Hardy - one of the world's greatest ever comedy actors....

MusicBox1932.jpg

Oliver Cromwell, England's greatest ever military leader....

westminster-oliver-cromwell.jpg

he managed to get both the Gas and Leicester relegated

Tha's what makes him a City legend! Added to that is the fact QPR never won a home cup tie when he was in charge. That was Johnson's Paint, Football League and FA Cup (which included a defeat by Vauhall Motors).

Guest MaloneFM
Only managed to catch 5 mins of it as I've been so busy this morning sadly.

So far Richard I have missed about 3 years of it. And it hasn't changed. Its still bloke/moron based rubbish which when done with a bit of style such as Fantasy Football years ago is very good. But it has a shelf life and Soccer AM is so past theirs the shelf and the rest of the house has vanished.

During the Selflove years there was a tiny bit of originality but towards the end of his shift you could see him staring into the camera pleading with FiveLive to get him out of there. So whats different from last year? Any ideas? Its still supporters kicking balls through a target, some anorexic tart with a shirt on and a few has beens cozying up on a couch with some speccky pop group who nine times out of ten have no interest in football at all. Its three hours on a saturday when blokes can shout OY and laugh at nothing.

The jokes are paper thin and its even called Saacer AM so you don't confuse it with the American fat lad rubbish.

One of the City "fans" of the week on Soccer AM just said Hollowhead is a LEGEND? :shocking:

you may be doing our city fan an injustice here , maybe he had listened to Hollowhead on five live last night like i did, around 20 mins before the GJ interview .

Hollowhead basically said that he though being called a 'legend' by anyone was an insult, as it broke down to LEG END.

Maybe our boy was a lot cleverer than you think, and got round the no insult rule by calling him a leg-eng,

thats what I prefer to think anyway

:innocent06:

you may be doing our city fan an injustice here , maybe he had listened to Hollowhead on five live last night like i did, around 20 mins before the GJ interview .

Hollowhead basically said that he though being called a 'legend' by anyone was an insult, as it broke down to LEG END.

Maybe our boy was a lot cleverer than you think, and got round the no insult rule by calling him a leg-eng,

thats what I prefer to think anyway

:innocent06:

The same bloke also bowed to him when he came on though :disapointed2se:

Guest MaloneFM

Maybe if LEG was substituted for BELL the accuracy would have improved.

Come on love...don't stoop...remember the HTV training...don't let Bruce down now....

Yeah great manager

6 points clear at the top of league 1 with 10 game to go, finished 7th :winner_third_h4h:

Granted he went to QPR and got them promoted, only to later get put on gardening leave, apparently the reason turned out to be he applied for the Leicester job behind the QPR boards back.

Goes to plymouth, only to leave for Leicester the day after he pledges to the janner faithful and board he's there for the long term.

like I said great manager. NOT

Being young you probably don't remember some of the vitriol directed at BCFC from Holloway, the man hates us with a passion.

Personally I don't hate him, I like the fact that he is proud of his roots, but I don't find him funny and I certainly wouldn't want him near our club, what next pulis to return!

well actually i do remember when he took those city fans to court and tried to claim gbh towards him but that was in the past and like i said he regrets things so give him a break

My fav memory of OLLIE was him showing a clean pair of heels, off of the ashton gate pitch, being pursued by several hundred city fan s against the sags back in the 90 s !!!!!!!!!! :D

To be fair to him he is a breath of fresh air compared to mark lawrenson etc

that was funny someone tried to fly kick him up the the arse cant remember if they were successful or not

hes a gashead so what if johnson got sacked i would let him manage us hes a good mananger and he said he regrets things so give him a break will ya sums up the ignorancy of people on this forum hes not a city legend but he is a legend hes an aspiration to other youngsters who want a career

You might want to ask your teachers about punctuation.

And "ignorancy" is not a word.

So forgive me if i take your comments as plain stupid.

:nono::nono::nono:

Hello Everyone,

I am one of the lads who was on the show today, I was the sexy one who gave the Basso shirt over! Timing seems to be perfect to come on and say hello and chat about old Holloway as it has caused some uproar and the last post seems to want our end of the story. We found out last night (in our 5 star hotel!) that he was going to be on and planned a bit of a grilling but, as some of you have touched on, Soccer AM don't really like it. We booed the gas highlights and were told off so it was clear we had to be civil to say the least. We were advised we'd be instantly thought of as idiots if we booed him on. We all thought beforehand he was a good bloke despite his ties with Rovers, QPR and Plymuff and before the show he was very banterous with us even though we rinsed his baldness etc. The term 'legend' isn't all that important, it's clear he's enough of a character to spark 50 posts relating to him being labelled as such so the game is better for him!

In response to another valid point, various friends, relatives and yourselves have noted some excessive genetalia itching on the show! It was a tad nerve racking so the decision on where to put one's hands was a real issue, I think I was guilty of two scratches whereas Hassan (other side of Helen) was almost in double figures! Strange how you act on TV!

All in all, I think we gave a good account of ourselves on the show and equalled the record for the road to Rome! I really urge you to apply for next season it is quality. The win at Reading today as well was the cherry on the cake, it was an epic 24 hours or so!

Cheers

Dan

hes a gashead so what if johnson got sacked i would let him manage us hes a good mananger and he said he regrets things so give him a break will ya sums up the ignorancy of people on this forum hes not a city legend but he is a legend hes an aspiration to other youngsters who want a career

If you actually knew the things he has done and said about us in the past (probably before you were born) you would'nt have wrote a word of the above!!

My fav memory of OLLIE was him showing a clean pair of heels, off of the ashton gate pitch, being pursued by several hundred city fan s against the sags back in the 90 s !!!!!!!!!! :D

I was told by someone then connected to the club that the ref had told Holloway to take his players straight off at the end precisely to avoid any trouble, but like a #### he tried to take them down to the away end.

I was told by someone then connected to the club that the ref had told Holloway to take his players straight off at the end precisely to avoid any trouble, but like a #### he tried to take them down to the away end.

the look on the sag heads faces who were on the pitch jumping around giving it the big i am was a picture when 4 5000 city ran them back in the east end

Got a bit bored reading the usual negative responses on here,so I jumped straight to a reply.Yes he is a an ex-gas head(so when he is at the gate,give him a bit,he would want nothing less) and has some wacky things to say.But what he is,is a true football man,honest to boot.He is also proud of his Bristol roots and from what ive read,a real family man.So whether your definition of a legend is the same as the lads on Soccer a.m or not,give them a break! I know,people are allowed opinions blah, blah, blah!

Archived