IGNORED

Weymouth Fc, A Fans View.

Portland Bill

Also check their site for a letter from one of the coaches i think, very good read there is also a link at the bottom where you can donate every little helps after all.

Fair play to those lads that went out there and played I can not blame the first team for withdrawing in the slightest they are part time players and have bills to pay as well not only that but their insurance ran out.

Superb piece. Thanks for posting it. Does indeed remind me of 82; this is real football. I have a soft spot for Weymouth if only because of happy holidays there as a kid. Us real fans need to rally round if we can,

Absolutely, real football, real fans, as opposed to the corporate, plastic Premier League stuff we're fed on.

Good luck to them.

Such a huge shame and I wish them all the best. Weymouth is close to my heart due to family holidays and for that reason I always look out for there results. Weymouth could easily support a league team which makes all this feel even worse. I wasn't around in 82 so I can only imagine what it was like, It is times like this that I realise how lucky we are to have Steve Lansdown who will ensure this football club is never in a position like that. I really hope a solution to there plight can be found asap.

Fantastic post from a true fan, i remember the City babes of 82 i remember Newport county away as we sang we'll survive we'll survive, i remember the day the Ashton eight tore up their contracts and as a wee lad listened to every hourly news report from Ashton gate hoping with all hope for a miracle, just wanted to hear the words, City have survived, we did off coarse but it was a high price attatched,god those 8 players will always be seen as heros to me. I really hate to see Chelsea and Man u shirts being worn in Bristol in all honesty i would rather them support Rovers. This fella who wrote this post is a true fan of his local club, weymouth fc is in his blood, good on ya mate for not supporting any of the plastic teams, i hope Weymouth survive perhaps we could give em a game to boost their coffers

Would be good if City could send some signed shirts balls etc down there for them to auction off. Would also be good if they pull through to send a player or two down on loan to them free of charge.

• Admin

Shame to see as Weymouth seem to have problems like this every other year at the moment - the number of times personnel have changed but they seem to end up in the same mess is incredible !

At the end of the day it is the fans who always end up getting shafted !

The most obscene part about it is that £1million was won on bets after word got out they were playing the youth team.

Some of the bets were tens of thousands of pounds, sums not exactly available to the ordinary Weymouth football fan....

The most obscene part about it is that £1million was won on bets after word got out they were playing the youth team.

Some of the bets were tens of thousands of pounds, sums not exactly available to the ordinary Weymouth football fan....

Rumour has it that executives inside the club were betting against the team, including the manager....who bet £20k of his own cash.... :noexpression: That is just a rumour though.....

Rumour has it that executives inside the club were betting against the team, including the manager....who bet £20k of his own cash.... :noexpression: That is just a rumour though.....

I would think that would be illegal.

Knowing how the rumour mill works, and the liking of some of them for a flutter, you wouldnt be surprised if some very highly paid Premier League players had more than a few grand on it. I don't think that would be illegal.

Best post on here for a considerable time. If ever the written word conveyed the writers true emotion, that was it.

For all the moans and groans on this forum, it makes you realisejust how lucky we are to be able to enjoy what has been built here in recent years. It also gives us even greater cause to be grateful that SL has determined to build the club's success within our financial means. I would imagine it was an emotional afternoon at Weymouth's ground last Saturday, in part due to the way the Rushden players and supporters seem to have responded - so they deserve some credit as well, bacause they were placed in such a difficult situation. For the Weymouth players, I would imagine that boys became men in those 90 minutes.

It puts in perspective the blinkered bickering between the glory hunting fans of the big 4 in the prem who believe that football begins and ends at the U.S. of Old Trafford, Yanky Doodle Anfield, Stamford Bridgsky or the Emirates Oil Fields.

I would think that would be illegal.

Knowing how the rumour mill works, and the liking of some of them for a flutter, you wouldnt be surprised if some very highly paid Premier League players had more than a few grand on it. I don't think that would be illegal.

indeed would be rigging a match practically

Me being a poor student could only afford to give a tenner but lets say that everyone who has an account on this forum gave a tenner then we could raise about £20 k. If everyone at the gate paid £2 towards it wed raise £34k. If everyone puts a little bit in then there will be a lot of effect for a good, proper community team, one of a dying breed its sad to say.

Archived