IGNORED

Cardiff New Ground

Red Rag

No. But to draw all your conclusions from an assertion that parts of the ground are similar to other football grounds really is quite irrational, not to mention illogical.
73% of the proposed new ground is the exact same as another stadium (+ The same open concourse). What us fans wanted was uniqueness and not a bowl. What we are getting is a stadium where 73% is a bowl and is the same as another stadium. Same dugouts, Same rake, Same stairwells in the same places.

I read people saying how unique are design looks and how innovative the designers have been. That is total rubbish.All they have done is take the Mk Bowl and added two stands to the sides and put some bus stop shelters on the ends and put some lights on the outside of the ground. Hardly innovative and inspiring stuff is it?

73% of the proposed new ground is the exact same as another stadium (+ The same open concourse). What us fans wanted was uniqueness and not a bowl. What we are getting is a stadium where 73% is a bowl and is the same as another stadium. Same dugouts, Same rake, Same stairwells in the same places.

I read people saying how unique are design looks and how innovative the designers have been. That is total rubbish.All they have done is take the Mk Bowl and added two stands to the sides and put some bus stop shelters on the ends and put some lights on the outside of the ground. Hardly innovative and inspiring stuff is it?

Actually, a significant proportion of people were quite happy to have a bowl (as I recall the survey came out 5:4 against a bowl design).

I'd love to know how, given all the constraints, and the fact that not everyone wanted exactly the same things as you did, you would design something entirely new and original and to a minimum cost? Something that has design features that can't be found in another stadium somewhere else?

New Cardiff City Anthem... ?

...Dave Jones/Clark Five - FEELIN' CLAD ALL OVER.

..Ewe say that you love me (say you love me)

..All of the time (all of the time)

..Ewe say that you need me (say you need me)

..Ewe'll always be a mine (always be a mine)

..And We're feelin' CLAD all over

..Yes Blue, CLAD all over

..Boyo We're a CLAD all over

..Blue CLAD coal mine

..I wont make you happy (make you happy)

..You'll Always be blue (always be blue)

..Forever feelin' sorrow (feelin' sorrow)

..'Cause I'm not a ewe (I'm not a ewe)

..And We're feelin' CLAD all over

..Yes Blue, CLAD all over

..Boyo We're a CLAD all over

..Blue CLAD coal mine

# You luv Ewe's Baadiff You Do, You luv Ewe's Baadiff You Do, You luv Ewe's Baadiff You Do, In Cardiff You ....Ewe's Sheep!#

See ya Sunday Boyos.... 'Come on you Coch's ' !!!

All this talk of percentages is nonsense.

Yes their is a lower tier bowl, and yes that is a similarity with virtually every other new stadium built. But has it occured to you that there is a reason for this?

Four seperate stands, whilst appealing, doesnt make any sense logistically at all. And whilst those that continue to be negative about our new stadium pour scorn on such words or phrases as 'limitations', 'financally viable', 'constraints' or 'logical' you have to accept that the club is going to build the best possible for stadium for the smallest possible outlay - surely thats common sense?

Houses are, by and large, exactly the same if you wish to approach it from drawing similarities, whilst being invariably different for a number of reasons.

They share similarities because they all comply to a logical building theme - as do all new stadiums.

Instead of casting aside the added tiers why not embrace them as they will give us a sense of uniqueness and individuality.

With the game on Sunday, it's no surprise this thread was started... especially by someone called 'Red Rag'?!

Whilst I understand all the talk of 'soulless' bowls, I'm guessing that no home supporters of these teams (MK Dons, Southampton, etc etc) consider their ground to be such.

Simply driving past a ground and looking at a few images on a website doesn't tell the story at all. Fill the stadium with fans and the whole picture changes. Nothing makes a ground more 'soulless' than empty seats.... although after doing many 'Stadium Tours' there is a strange/eerie feeling looking around an empty ground.

The Allianz Arena in Munich looks disappointing if you drive past it during the day - just a white blob on a hill. But attend a game there and the whole place seems to come alive.

Someone earlier asked what adds 'soul' to a building? Well in the case of a football stadiums it's the supporters... bouncing around, chanting and shouting their team onto victory.....

.... as we will be on Sunday!!!! :englandsmile4wf:

But Steve Lansdown knows what alot of us want

1. Four individual stands good for atmosphere

2. I personally would want the classic floodlights

3. Good facilities

4. A proper home end, east end you could say

5. NO BOWL!

I admit it is hard to design a stadium and i do love Steve Lansdown i just don't feel happy with our design.

I still feel "alot" of you are very much still the FEW.

I personally don't want four seperate stands, i cannot see how this aids atmostphere with gaps at the four corners of a stadium.

There is always the other option of popping up the minimal for your four seperate stands.

With the game on Sunday, it's no surprise this thread was started... especially by someone called 'Red Rag'?!

Whilst I understand all the talk of 'soulless' bowls, I'm guessing that no home supporters of these teams (MK Dons, Southampton, etc etc) consider their ground to be such.

Simply driving past a ground and looking at a few images on a website doesn't tell the story at all. Fill the stadium with fans and the whole picture changes. Nothing makes a ground more 'soulless' than empty seats.... although after doing many 'Stadium Tours' there is a strange/eerie feeling looking around an empty ground.

The Allianz Arena in Munich looks disappointing if you drive past it during the day - just a white blob on a hill. But attend a game there and the whole place seems to come alive.

Someone earlier asked what adds 'soul' to a building? Well in the case of a football stadiums it's the supporters... bouncing around, chanting and shouting their team onto victory.....

.... as we will be on Sunday!!!! :englandsmile4wf:

Think you missed the point mate. My comment purely relates to the apperance.

I personally could not give a stuff if its bowl shaped or egg shaped. The fact remains,

the stadium looks like a tesco. No imagination shown. Clad in boring blue panels

which have no conection to football other than its blue, well blueish with a bit of grey.

Hardly inspiring. Every ground on match days take on another apperance and so it should

but it leaves a boring looking structure for the 13 days between the next home match.

Why settle for a white blob on a hill, use the chance to create something apealing to the eye.

Do not settle for average when the opportunity to create is available.

Think you missed the point mate. My comment purely relates to the apperance.

I personally could not give a stuff if its bowl shaped or egg shaped. The fact remains,

the stadium looks like a tesco. No imagination shown. Clad in boring blue panels

which have no conection to football other than its blue, well blueish with a bit of grey.

Hardly inspiring. Every ground on match days take on another apperance and so it should

but it leaves a boring looking structure for the 13 days between the next home match.

Why settle for a white blob on a hill, use the chance to create something apealing to the eye.

Do not settle for average when the opportunity to create is available.

I have driven past the cardiff stadium a couple of times recently, and it does look pretty cheap and tacky (and small?) from the outside, I would take our design any day of the week. The opportunity to create is one thing but at what cost? SL already said he wont spend a pound when he can spend a penny and at some point everyone has to compromise to some extent, unless you have 800 million to spend. The lower bowl thing is fine with me given the separate side stands, and presumably, the end stands if they are built will be separate structures? I think there is also a romantic idea that we will fill a kop style stand with 15000 cider eds bouncing around (like the dortmund stand?), but if we only get a couple of thousand in there and lots of empty space that would look daft as well - we had a good attendance against blackpool and the east end tickets were on general sale I think, but it still wasnt full.

Anyone that wants 4 seperate stands should go to Wigan, that'll soon put that to bed.

I think the majority of people that are not happy Flaxbourton Red. Bring back the robin etc etc are annoyed at the lack of home end and not nessacarily demanding four sperate stands.

I don't care about the bowl as long as the home end stands out and is something to be proud of. If you look at Stadium MK that is basically going to be our home end if you take away the top tier of it. For me that sort of home end looks very naff and i fear that the whole of the EE project will come tumbling down when thIS stadium is built. I like the majority of the stadium, all me and others want is a home end to be proud of. the home end proposed quite frankly isnt anything to be proud of, and no care oR attention has been payed to it IMO.

I think there is also a romantic idea that we will fill a kop style stand with 15000 cider eds bouncing around (like the dortmund stand?).

I haven't herad anyone suggest those types of figures, the majority who want the a bank behind the goal are after something around the 7000 figure which would happily accomodate current users of the Atyeo and the East End.

3320204292_7578661d10_o.jpg

This would also give the appearance of a seperate stand rather than a continous bowl.

Or if you look at the photos its the same design as MK-Dons. The 22,000 BOWL section of the ground is the same as MK-Dons.

2.jpg

MKD1.jpg

O look its the same, even the tunnel is in the same place.

Mk Dons Home end is the same as ours, there is no other way of looking at it. Our new home end is nothing special, nothing new, its not one of a kind.

Umm you are missing the fact that our end doesnt have a "bowled roof", the left stand of our picture actually carries over the stadium "bowl" and sticks out giving it a unique look.

Infact about the only thing i see the same is the tunnel and perhaps the bottom tier bowl..... that is not enough to say they are the same :laugh:

As for Cardiff Citys ground I live in Cardiff and I've been to have a nose at it a few times. I think of all the newer grounds this one will be the worst for atmosphere.... it's shockingly awful! I actually feel sorry for the Cardiff City fans as Ninnian really can be intimidating but this new Stadium won't be at all.

Ha ha ha ha what a s**t hole they are calling it The Lego Arena for obvious reasons (It's made out of lego blocks)

I was calling it that the day they put up the panels... I also said it to a few Cardiff City fans... they gave abuse but didn't actually have much to say in terms of defending it :P

I haven't herad anyone suggest those types of figures, the majority who want the a bank behind the goal are after something around the 7000 figure which would happily accomodate current users of the Atyeo and the East End.

This would also give the appearance of a seperate stand rather than a continous bowl.

I think with a end like that it would break up the bowl and give it a look of a separate stand plus it would also be clever as it would give a look like the rest of the bowl is leading to that end.

That picture is spot on. It gives it that unique ''home end'' look but still makes the stadium look complete.

The frustrating thing is i honetsly think the plans we have been shown arnt negotiable.

Umm you are missing the fact that our end doesnt have a "bowled roof", the left stand of our picture actually carries over the stadium "bowl" and sticks out giving it a unique look.

Infact about the only thing i see the same is the tunnel and perhaps the bottom tier bowl..... that is not enough to say they are the same :laugh:

Intersting that HOK's architect talks about stadium MK with its shallow rake and 360 degree concourse.

I would also tick off.

Sunken pitch

Open and airy design

High roof structure

Uniform bottom tier with continous rows of the same rake

End stands without corners

Entrances situated at the rear of tier

Similar looking width of gangways and number of seats in a row between gangways

Same designers

Guest neil1210
I'm not the greatest fan of our new design, but it will look a LOT better than Cardiffs thats for sure.

They have all the same issues we have and more. They don't have a proper home end like we don't, but to top it off they don't even have the two tiers either side to give it that little bit of something different. At least we have that!

for gods sake i have heard some childish things but christ "our ground will be better than theirs "

i don't give a s**t. they have built it in 18 months and its here good luck to them were going on about ours i will believe it when i see it

oh yea lets not forget to say our dads could beat their dads

for gods sake i have heard some childish things but christ "our ground will be better than theirs "

i don't give a s**t. they have built it in 18 months and its here good luck to them were going on about ours i will believe it when i see it

oh yea lets not forget to say our dads could beat their dads

If you would honestly be happy with that piece of crap Cardiff will have to call home for the next 50 odd years than you are obviously pleased to easily.

I was watching the Championship yesterday morning and on came MK Dons highlights. As they have the exact same lower bowl as were are having I was somewhat concerned. On the TV all I saw was the bland boring and uninspiring lower bowl. When we move and we have games on TV are stadium will look just likes there's apart from ours will be red instead of black. People around the world will see and think exactly what I thought when I watched the Mk Dons highlights about us.

Guest neil1210
If you would honestly be happy with that piece of crap Cardiff will have to call home for the next 50 odd years than you are obviously pleased to easily.

to be honest mate its all crap we don't like cardiff so nobody is going to like the stadium even if it was fantastic ,i am more concerned with whats on the pitch ,than wether the panels look right

Archived