IGNORED

Cardiff New Ground

Red Rag

http://www.cardiffcitystadium.co.uk/

Notice that the seats in the Stadium spell out Cardiff and not Cardiff City.

Think this is because they are sharing with the local rugby club.

Imagine the outrage if we were to move to the new Stadium with just Bristol on the seats!!

i hope there is nothing written on the seats.. looks cheap and very nasty.

Surprised no ones mentioned the state of the pitch :farmer:

reminds me of the Baseball Ground :disapointed2se:

from above and far away it looks OK ish but up close it really does autopilot gyrate the eyeballs about 180 degrees away from it.

I think the design from the City appointed Architects is far far more attractive.

Or if you look at the photos its the same design as MK-Dons. The 22,000 BOWL section of the ground is the same as MK-Dons.

2.jpg

MKD1.jpg

O look its the same, even the tunnel is in the same place.

Mk Dons Home end is the same as ours, there is no other way of looking at it. Our new home end is nothing special, nothing new, its not one of a kind.

u have a point but city has color and cardiff doesnt so it looks blunt

u have a point but city has color and cardiff doesnt so it looks blunt

they look totally different from above.. and thats what matters when some sad ass from california zooms in on google earth.

the roof line on ours is very tasty. bowlesque is so pase now chaps. all we need is a bit of victorian style stone work on the facade and we will be well sorted. then we can call it The Brunel Arena or just plain Rolls Royce. groovy.

For me the problem with all the vast majority of the new grounds, is that they remind of us how the game has changed in the last 15 odd years.

Old Grounds like Ashton Gate where designed in a time when football was watched on your feet, packed tight into terraces; when fans where happy with little more than 90 mins of football, a bovril and pie at half time and the knowledge that the toilets would probaly stink of p**s long before kick off even back in 1904.

In the modern era football grounds are built to satisfy a very different market. Rightly or wrongly, clubs feels that to keep fans coming they need to provide more than an open air toilet, a half cooked pie and bank of steps at each end seperated by metal fencing.

Therfore as each new ground is built we move further and further away from the old ways, and make it less likey that we will ever return to them, and so classic sights like the big old floodlights that used to fill the football landscapes are gone forever....

Archived