IGNORED

Cardiff New Ground

Red Rag

Drove past the new Cardiff ground yesterday (work, not a closet taff)

the new stadium looks awfull, soulless structure mainly white with what looks

various shades of blue plastic panels. I for one would want more for my £30m plus.

Anybody got some pics.

various shades of blue plastic panels. I for one would want more for my £30m plus.

Anybody got some pics.

http://www.cardiffcitystadium.co.uk/

Notice that the seats in the Stadium spell out Cardiff and not Cardiff City.

Think this is because they are sharing with the local rugby club.

Imagine the outrage if we were to move to the new Stadium with just Bristol on the seats!!

Anybody got some pics.

If EVER there was a case for how to build a soulless, concrete bowl with zero character or the capability to look fresh, new and exciting for more than one month after it's been open, then Cardiff City's new stadium is it. I am a sub-contractor to the main contractor building the stadium and have had the joy of doing the 'virtual' walk around it recently and i see regular photo's of it's progress and i struggled to contain my laughter when i saw it in all it's glory. In fact, i almost (but not really) feel sorry for their fans, because quite frankly it is a pile of sh1te that has had no thought given to it whatsoever. I mean this is the 21st century and they are using corrugated plastic sheeting on the exterior of the stadium ala stadiums of the 60's and 70's. Nuff said.

In respect of what they will get and we will get from our new stadiums, i personally would consider us very fortunate that our board has taken the approach that it has and actually consulted the fans and appointed an architect who can at least make our stadium look a substantially more interesting than theirs.

If EVER there was a case for how to build a soulless, concrete bowl with zero character or the capability to look fresh, new and exciting for more than one month after it's been open, then Cardiff City's new stadium is it. I am a sub-contractor to the main contractor building the stadium and have had the joy of doing the 'virtual' walk around it recently and i see regular photo's of it's progress and i struggled to contain my laughter when i saw it in all it's glory. In fact, i almost (but not really) feel sorry for their fans, because quite frankly it is a pile of sh1te that has had no thought given to it whatsoever. I mean this is the 21st century and they are using corrugated plastic sheeting on the exterior of the stadium ala stadiums of the 60's and 70's. Nuff said.

In respect of what they will get and we will get from our new stadiums, i personally would consider us very fortunate that our board has taken the approach that it has and actually consulted the fans and appointed an architect who can at least make our stadium look a substantially more interesting than theirs.

ooooh if i were in your position..... little time bombs all over their stadium. the possibillities are endless..

Anybody got some pics.

Yep, but its built, and they might be playing Premier League football in it next season.

I think we can sneer when we have something better.

I hate the bastards incidentally.

ooooh if i were in your position..... little time bombs all over their stadium. the possibillities are endless..

I didn't make myself very clear there, i work for them but not on the Stadium, on other projects. I do know a City season ticket holder working on it though and he assures me he's left his 'mark' on the stadium.allegedly :noexpression:

I thinks its quite unique! There arent many others stadiums out there like that. Well maybe Leicester, Reading, Southampton, Darlington, Doncaster, Derby, Middlesbrough. MK Dons, Hull, Sunderland, Coventry and Swansea but thats about it! :rolleyes:

See, this is what is making me laugh about the new ground and people taking the micky out of other bowls.

We are having the same 22,000 seats as MKdons lower bowl. No if or buts, the same, 100% the same. But everyone seems happy because we have a extra tier on each side.

:noexpression:

What a heap of s**t.

If City's new ground looked anything like this i would slash my chubby wrists with a rusty butter knife.

They'll never admit it, but i bet the Cardiff fans hate it as well. Just a blue version of the Liberty Stadium.

I think i've already said it, but what a heap of s**t.

What a heap of s**t.

If City's new ground looked anything like this i would slash my chubby wrists with a rusty butter knife.

They'll never admit it, but i bet the Cardiff fans hate it as well. Just a blue version of the Liberty Stadium.

I think i've already said it, but what a heap of s**t.

Why of why have they clad the structure in blue meaninless panels. a bright white

background is a magnificent canvas for the imagination. They could have overlaid with

meaningfull images, the welsh flag, photo images of past glories, crowd scenes,

the list goes on and on. To blandly clad in such tat shows no imagination at all, quite how

the planners aggreed to that beggers belief, perhaps he/she is a city fan taking the P!SS.

See, this is what is making me laugh about the new ground and people taking the micky out of other bowls.

We are having the same 22,000 seats as MKdons lower bowl. No if or buts, the same, 100% the same. But everyone seems happy because we have a extra tier on each side.

:noexpression:

But what are you suggesting as an alternative?

That we have open corners to the ground?

Which makes it completely different. Why can't you understand that the two side stands are part of the stadium?

Nobody is ever going to remove the side stands, so it will never look like the MK Dons stadium so why on earth are you worrying about it?

Which makes it completely different. Why can't you understand that the two side stands are part of the stadium?

Nobody is ever going to remove the side stands, so it will never look like the MK Dons stadium so why on earth are you worrying about it?

Its not completely different as the lower tier is one uniform single tier design. The two ends stands are very much part of a uniform single tier design. Its achingly dull and unoriginal TILL the upper tier is added but 50% of the stadium is just continous rows of seating.

Its not completely different as the lower tier is one uniform single tier design. The two ends stands are very much part of a uniform single tier design. Its achingly dull and unoriginal TILL the upper tier is added but 50% of the stadium is just continous rows of seating.

OK so it's a dull design until it's finished? Who cares what a half-built stadium looks like? The finished article WILL have the upper tiers so it is a distinctive and original design.

I do agree, however, that the mock-ups someone produced with a the end stands continued further back did look much better than the uniform lower tier and if that could be done in practise I would be very happy.

OK so it's a dull design until it's finished? Who cares what a half-built stadium looks like? The finished article WILL have the upper tiers so it is a distinctive and original design.

I do agree, however, that the mock-ups someone produced with a the end stands continued further back did look much better than the uniform lower tier and if that could be done in practise I would be very happy.

We should all care what a half finished stadium looks like surely? According to your posts yesterday the additional tiers will be removed if not necessary at a later dater thus returning the BCFC design to it's half finished temporary state?

We should all care what a half finished stadium looks like surely? According to your posts yesterday the additional tiers will be removed if not necessary at a later dater thus returning the BCFC design to it's half finished temporary state?

I think we're talking at cross purposes here.

I was talking about the 2-tier side stands which are permanent and not optional and which, I think, distinguish the ground quite clearly from an MK Dons style bowl stadium, not the optional second tiers to the end stands.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here.

I was talking about the 2-tier side stands which are permanent and not optional and which, I think, distinguish the ground quite clearly from an MK Dons style bowl stadium, not the optional second tiers to the end stands.

So we could be stuck with two bus stop like ends stand which are part of a MK Dongs style build with a 360 degree concourse and sunken pitch. The only difference for a large swathe of the stadium is the uniform single tier is rectangular rather than a bowl.

Archived