IGNORED

Cardiff New Ground

Red Rag

So we could be stuck with two bus stop like ends stand which are part of a MK Dongs style build with a 360 degree concourse and sunken pitch. The only difference for a large swathe of the stadium is the uniform single tier is rectangular rather than a bowl.

No. The difference is that both sides of the stadium are two-tiered stands with a unique roof design. giving a good impression of distinct stands whilst retaining the practicality and benefits of a bowl.

No. The difference is that both sides of the stadium are two-tiered stands with a unique roof design. giving a good impression of distinct stands whilst retaining the practicality and benefits of a bowl.

Have it your own way and forget what is behind the goals and the lower tier because it is utterly generic design.

Have it your own way and forget what is behind the goals and the lower tier because it is utterly generic design.

OK but I do wonder what you were expecting.

I've already agreed that extending the seats in the end stands all the way back to the roof is a significant improvement and I do hope they look into doing that if possible. Otherwise I fail to see what could be done?

Why of why have they clad the structure in blue meaninless panels. a bright white

background is a magnificent canvas for the imagination. They could have overlaid with

meaningfull images, the welsh flag, photo images of past glories, crowd scenes,

the list goes on and on. To blandly clad in such tat shows no imagination at all, quite how

the planners aggreed to that beggers belief, perhaps he/she is a city fan taking the P!SS.

They could have a 20ft high mural of their average fan....

Levi jacket, sta-pressed strides, 18 hole Dm's, woolly scarf round his wrist and a mullet!

The reality is it's a mixture of bowl and individual multi-tiered stands. The overall design cannot be described as generic.

You accuse BCFC Dan of forgetting what's behind the goals and the lower tier yet you are quite clearly ignoring the design of the two side stands and upper tiers! doh!

The reality is it's a mixture of bowl and individual multi-tiered stands. The overall design cannot be described as generic.

You accuse BCFC Dan of forgetting what's behind the goals and the lower tier yet you are quite clearly ignoring the design of the two side stands and upper tiers! doh!

I made comaprisons to Milton Keynes 360 degree concourse which the upper tiers will be merrily sitting on so I am hardly ignoring the upper tiers but they are hardly original and governed by the FLA's green guide regarding rakes, number of seats to exits etc. The strong facia is different but it's one striking point is the designs half finished feel. It's very hard to ignore 50% of the stadium which is utterly generic e.g rake, continuos rows and part of one uniform tier double dohs x x.

Ok, is this a fair statement then

70% of our new stadium is the same boring soulless bowl as MK-Dons, thats a fully acceptable statment then yea?

Why is a bowl soulless?

If you mean, our ground also has seats facing the pitch in sequential rows, then yes, it's the same. But I imagine there would be even more complaints if the seats were placed at random angles facing the car park.

70% of our new stadium is the same boring soulless bowl as MK-Dons, thats a fully acceptable statment then yea?

It may be a fair statement (I don't know the exact ratio so I can't say if it's correct or not) but it's also a completely stupid and pointless one.

Human beings share 97% of their DNA with monkeys but it doesn't make them the same thing.

Why is a bowl soulless?

If you mean, our ground also has seats facing the pitch in sequential rows, then yes, it's the same. But I imagine there would be even more complaints if the seats were placed at random angles facing the car park.

Not forgetting all those other soulless bowls that plague the world of football- the Nou Camp, Wembley, the Maracana...

Nooo. You're getting that 70% just from counting the seats I'm guessing. The lower tier is undoubtedly very similar to MK Dons Stadium. But the overall form, massing and design of our stadium both internally and externally will look nothing like their ground. Are the pictures not enough for you or do you want me to explain every little thing that's different to you? I ain't got the time I'm afraid so pics will have to do!

I assume you've visited MK Dons to come to the conclusion that the lower tier is boring and soulless? What was it like?

The lower tier is undoubtedly very similar to MK Dons Stadium.

I assume you've visited MK Dons to come to the conclusion that the lower tier is boring and soulless? What was it like?

No, the design is the same, look at photos.

No i havent been to a game, its from other fans reviews of the ground.

Wembley is really a hive of noise isnt it, just take the play off final and england games, noisy or what!!

Why is a bowl soulless?

Or if you look at the photos its the same design as MK-Dons. The 22,000 BOWL section of the ground is the same as MK-Dons.

2.jpg

MKD1.jpg

O look its the same, even the tunnel is in the same place.

Mk Dons Home end is the same as ours, there is no other way of looking at it. Our new home end is nothing special, nothing new, its not one of a kind.

Yes, I've seen it.

It has rows of seats facing a large, rectangular grassed area. As does ours.

As I have said and suggested in another thread, I would like to see the seats continued back over the concourse in the home end. But I have no idea if that is feasible. Other than that, I think our stadium is a nice design with a lot more thought and design element in it than MK Dons'.

Of course there will be elements that are the same or similar, but to try and say it is basically the same is clearly a nonsense.

'Soulless bowl' is a phrase I hear a lot, but that I still don't undertsand. Explain what 'soul' is to you, in a building.

Yes, I've seen it.

It has rows of seats facing a large, rectangular grassed area. As does ours.

As I have said and suggested in another thread, I would like to see the seats continued back over the concourse in the home end. But I have no idea if that is feasible. Other than that, I think our stadium is a nice design with a lot more thought and design element in it than MK Dons'.

Of course there will be elements that are the same or similar, but to try and say it is basically the same is clearly a nonsense.

'Soulless bowl' is a phrase I hear a lot, but that I still don't undertsand. Explain what 'soul' is to you, in a building.

They have took Mk Dons 22k bowl and the concourse and slapped two side stands on to it. I would say the 22k bowl is exactly the same, Not one little bit different.

So our 22,000 bowl section is different to MK:Dons 22000 lower bowl section in which way?

Nobody is saying it's different.

Sensible, rational people are, however, saying that it doesn't matter because the stadium is more than just the lower section so the stadium taken as a whole (as it always will be) is entirely different.

Nobody is saying it's different.

Sensible, rational people are, however, saying that it doesn't matter because the stadium is more than just the lower section so the stadium taken as a whole (as it always will be) is entirely different.

So I'm being irrational because i and others would like a home end that isnt the same as others? And a roof that isnt as high as the dolman.

So I'm being irrational because i and others would like a home end that isnt the same as others? And a roof that isnt as high as the dolman.

No. But to draw all your conclusions from an assertion that parts of the ground are similar to other football grounds really is quite irrational, not to mention illogical.

No. But to draw all your conclusions from an assertion that parts of the ground are similar to other football grounds really is quite irrational, not to mention illogical.

But why does the club need to lie, e.g the low roofs, saying that it wont be the same as other grounds.

When the part of the ground i will wish to sit in IS the same as other clubs.

It would be very hard not to look at Stadium MK and not see very clear themes emerging? There are certainly traits present within Citys design particularly with the bottom tier similar to many new designs.

Looks a tad like the Sir Madjesky. Still a very poor effort. Whoever has to design them obviously just whacks a picture of another bowl and scribbles about with it.

Mind you ours probably won't look much better.

I'm not the greatest fan of our new design, but it will look a LOT better than Cardiffs thats for sure.

They have all the same issues we have and more. They don't have a proper home end like we don't, but to top it off they don't even have the two tiers either side to give it that little bit of something different. At least we have that!

I'm not the greatest fan of our new design, but it will look a LOT better than Cardiffs thats for sure.

They have all the same issues we have and more. They don't have a proper home end like we don't, but to top it off they don't even have the two tiers either side to give it that little bit of something different. At least we have that!

But Steve Lansdown knows what alot of us want

1. Four individual stands good for atmosphere

2. I personally would want the classic floodlights

3. Good facilities

4. A proper home end, east end you could say

5. NO BOWL!

I admit it is hard to design a stadium and i do love Steve Lansdown i just don't feel happy with our design.

But Steve Lansdown knows what alot of us want

1. Four individual stands good for atmosphere

2. I personally would want the classic floodlights

3. Good facilities

4. A proper home end, east end you could say

5. NO BOWL!

I admit it is hard to design a stadium and i do love Steve Lansdown i just don't feel happy with our design.

You cant say that on here, your being irrational and not logical.

Archived