IGNORED

O Basso, O Basso.

Roadrunner

Dropping him would be harsh. He's saved us more times than he's cost us I would imagine. Gutted to be honest, think we did enough to win today, just needed to be a bit more clinical in the final third. These things happen, just unfortunate it was today, against Cardiff, and when 3 points would have been vital.

Shouldn't be keep his place without doubt.

FFS! All players make mistakes and its Basso today.Its often worse when your're a goalkeeper as errors are more likely to lead to goals conceded.

Just remember that he pulled off a great save in the first half and that he's kept 17 clean sheets this season.

FFS! All players make mistakes and its Basso today.Its often worse when your're a goalkeeper as errors are more likely to lead to goals conceded.

Just remember that he pulled off a great save in the first half and that he's kept 17 clean sheets this season.

I really hope that was an attempt at humour!

typo, reading it back, that just made no sense whatsoever, couldn't decide between "shouldn't be dropped" and "should keep his place" so wrote both in one random sentance

Maybe we should all ask why the guy was allowed to shoot in the first place?

It's absolutely gutting, I do feel like we lost today.

I thought Carey was tracking him across the edge of the box, stumbled a bit which enabled the shot to be got in.

I love Basso, but if i remove my rose tinted specs then I think it has to be benched.

He has cost us 2 points today and cost us 2 points against Wolves that spring me to instantly. His kicking has regressed, he nearly gifted Southampton a goal in the dying moments at home and he hangs onto the ball uneccessarliy long on too many occassions ahead of routine clearences.

The obvious response to my post is how many times has he kept us in the game? Several times is the answer, but whats to say that Weale couldn't make those saves or another keeper... nothing.

If Chris Weale doesn't get a game now he never will.

I love Basso repeat - but he is not infallabale (spelling) and should be dropped as unpopular as that decision would be, cult hero or no cult hero, he is out of form and possibly low on confidence.

It wouldn't be the end of him of course not, but give Weale a chance now or let him go in the summer.

Guest churchill gaffer
What a mistake to make. First thoughts drop him. Second thoughts that would be a mistake. He's saved us time after time. If the outplayers only score once, these things happen and are costly, very costly.

Nobody can say anything!

He is such a great keeper.

But I can say, why not do the obvious thing, and push the ball out for a corner???????

So basic!!

I think he thought he made the mistake by dropping the ball, so he wanted to make up for it by holding the ball again.

But he was never going to get across the ball to hold it again. All he had to do was push the ball out for a corner :disapointed2se:

Its his job to make saves, he gets paid well to do it. Terrible mistake thats cost us 2 points.

Maybe we should all ask why the guy was allowed to shoot in the first place?

It's absolutely gutting, I do feel like we lost today.

Fontaine was probably the one at fault. He was much further up the pitch when we had possesion and when we lost he laboured to get back.

That said having seen the replay of the goal, quite why Basso didn't punch it out for a corner instead of trying to get two hands on it is anyones guess. Percentage football ffs!

Whilst Basso was ultimately to blame should never have got in the position to allow the shot in first place. All we had to do was keep possession of the bloomin football for two more minutes FFS - first gave it away far up the pitch and then had opportunities to clear the thing or at least put tackle in - GGGGRRRRRR

Hate losing - oops drawing just feels like a loss - to those sheep sh**gers!

Whilst Basso should have done better, having not seen the replay it appeared on initial viewing that he should have both done better with the original effort and reacted quicker to the spill, our all round lack of composure is what infuriates the most.

Barely half a minute before Johnson's shot we were in possesion in their half. All that was required was to keep the ball, nothing fancy, just pass it backwards - to Basso if needs be, make them chase the ball and waste some valuable seconds. Instead we lost our heads, tried to force the pass and paid the ultimate price.

Absolutely devastating today. With a number of our play-off rivals to yet come, it is still very much in our hands, but today feels like a loss, when with a bit of composure it could have been an outstanding and perhaps season defining win.

EDIT - On a positive note, delighted to see Maynard back on the score sheet with a simply superb effort.

Whilst Basso should have done better, having not seen the replay it appeared on initial viewing that he should have both done better with the original effort and reacted quicker to the spill, our all round lack of composure is what infuriates the most.

Barely half a minute before Johnson's shot we were in possesion in their half. All that was required was to keep the ball, nothing fancy, just pass it backwards - to Basso if needs be, make them chase the ball and waste some valuable seconds. Instead we lost our heads, tried to force the pass and paid the ultimate price.

Absolutely devastating today. With a number of our play-off rivals to yet come, it is still very much in our hands, but today feels like a loss, when with a bit of composure it could have been an outstanding and perhaps season defining win.

EDIT - On a positive note, delighted to see Maynard back on the score sheet with a simply superb effort.

Much better put than my rant earlier - agree entirely!

McAllistyer gave the ball away to start with. All players make mistakes and there is no reason why Baso should be dropped. McIndoe cost us two points missing a penalty in injury time earlier in the season and you can probably point at every player on the pitch and look at times they "cost" us the game. Fact is we drew against a very good sideand we still have a chance of a play off place. Put it behind us and look to get three points next week and see how the table looks after that.

OK... so when an equally (if not higher) paid striker fails to score you then blame him for the points lost??

I see you're point mate,and although Basso was directly at fault for the goal,which obviously cost us 2 points,if a highly paid striker misses a sitter late on and you draw 0-0 he will get similar blame pointed at him,it happens in football any player can cost you points,ultimatly though the team win,lose or draw over 90 minutes

As so many have pointed out what was Johnson doing with the ball running at our defense ( which had been great all day) one on one in the 87th min????

how did he get in that position?

in the 87th min FFS

we had possession, Cardiff had run out of ideas Orr did well to retain possession and played it simple to McAllister who chipped it STRAIGHT TO THEM.... AAAARRRGGGHHHHH....

gutted and still seething, and don't get me started on that ref... Jesus even the cardiff official site thought he was on their side....

Some need to get a grip and STOP LOOKING FOR SCAPEGOATS we drew, could of won, could of lost :dunno: we may or may not make the play offs; :dunno: I`m sure we will survive whichever.

I agree totally

However..........all i will say is that Lj passed the ball back to the keeper from the halfway line against Cov the other night and got absolutely slaughtered for it by his own fans. Being patient and keeping the ball is crucial but there are still so many city fans that get straight on the players backs at the first sign of a cautious pass back.

The anticipated mixed response. Try hard enough and if you want to you can blame anyone.

Ultimately whatever happens to the end of the season, it`s been another good one.

Regards the comment about costing us a play`off place, look no further than our dip in form pre-xmas.

However, that goal may have saved me a few bob. :innocent06:

PDG

Archived