IGNORED

'this Bunch Of Lads'

Robbored

Before we start signing other players, I would consider giving our own players a chance. Ribiero, Akinde, James Wilson, all 19/20 and old man Artus who soon turns 21. Just how old do you have to be ? Teenagers are doing well all over the country

I would not be surprised if one or more of this foursome leaves the club due to lack of opportunities, especially if outside players like Izzy are signed, pushing them down the list. Players 19/21 like to be playing in their prime of life.

Actually giving this contracted 4 some chances would save the club money and perhaps unfold some good careers. Other clubs coming in and buying them would be very dissapointing, well for me anyway.

Having said that, we do need 4 senior players to strengthen the squad, but please no more 28/32 year old journeymen. They wont suddenly improve, and end up too old to get a decent return if sold.

I said at the start of the season that i'd be happy with 10th or better and we have achieved this. The fustrating thing is when you get fans like the one who was walking down the steps of block a of the dolman behind me who was shouting rubbish such as Johnson you are a **** and why don't you **** off and manage the gas :noexpression: this is **** football and i have had enough" WHAT A PRIZE PRAT and we are better off without fans like him.

In regards to the opinion that we should get rid of players such as Mcindoe, Sproule Orr etc and replace them with players of a standard such as Ebanks Blake or Knightly you have to remember that we have a buget and players such as the two mentioned do not fit into our budget. I believe that Mcindoe is as good as we are going to get for our buget. If rumur is correct and that we are getting Paul Ince's son on loan from Liverpool next season then this would give Mcindoe some competition.

For me the problem this year has been our shape. We don't seem to have any IMO. Mcindoe comes in narrow all of the time, Sproule imo should be up top in a front 3, he is NOT a midfielder, Gavin Williams is a central midfielder NOT a right sided player.

For next year i would get rid of McCombe who has been terrible and since he came back into the team we have had a poor run. Irekapen looks much better and has Pace. We need Left handed cover desperatly and Jenson M- Williams is not the answer and should go, Noble will go, Trundle will go as will John, so we need a striker although i really do believe that Styyver will come good.

We are not good enough to play 4-4-2, it doesn't suit the players we have got so we need to either get players in to suit or keep to a 4-3-3 formation.

Also remember last season. Cardiff drew a lot of home games and they tweaked their team over the summer and look how they have done this year so i don't see us as having massive problems just needs a tweak.

I think I agree with that. Sproule on various management games is actually listed as a right sided striker, I've always thought Williams could be a creative presence in the centre. 4-4-2 probably not, 4-3-3 was our best run of the season after all with 25 points from 10 games. Left sided cover for McIndoe and Mcallister would be welcome if only to keep them on their toes I think.

I've been following City for 40 years, which I guess is decades, as have some of my mates.

However I don't think anybody can seriously question Johnson's record, and I don't know any sane person who are questioning whether we are likely to be able to replace him with anyone better.

In all the conversations that I've heard, at no stage has anyone actually called for Johnsons head. His record is there for all to see and admire and fans do respect his track record.

But if you take the view that 'you are only as good as your last game' or (to borrow from Simply Red) the team is no better now than it was this time last season then there are grounds to question our managers methods. Thats what this thread is about and as fans of this football club we will always debate the whys and wherefores of whats going on.

The summer dealings will hopefully answer some of those questions.

I Haven't lost faith in Johnson but I still think that while certain members of this squad have taken us a far as they can, Johnson has cost us points this season with negative tactics especially at home. Take the last 2 games we bring on Trunds and Marv in a game we must win with one minute to go, against Ipswich one nil up and Maynard gets pushed wide left????

I firmly believe that any other manager with this squad we would be looking down the table rather than up but Johnson isn't entirely blameless.

I don't understand where these negative tactics have come from, I can remember Yeovil playing wonderful attacking football in CCL2 and in their FA Cup run.

Since he came to BCFC, he has gone all negative......perhaps it is the pressure of the job.

BCAGFC

I think Johnson is at a crossroads in his tenure at City.

<snippage - remember that?>

For me, what is frustrating is that we, as a team, have not improved over the season. The team now, is no better than the one that lost the play-off final last May.

<snippage>

He's shown his 'loyalty to the lads' and they've come up short - not in terms of our final position in the table but in their general play and consistency.

In my opinion, the 'loyalty to the lads' is now out of the window ...

<snippage>

Yep, in fact when you trace our form following the excellent 2 pts/game start to last season it has been a steady downward track ... my hopes/expectations for the summer revolve around GJ's oft-expressed frustration at "lack of quality" and "basic mistakes" - it amounts to the one thing, out with some old and in with some new.

In your condemnation of GJ , stating he' has played out and not taken us ahead. Let us look at how the other clubs in this division have fared. Has Warnock taken Palace forward this year. Has Chris Coleman been the guiding light at Coventry(aFTER THEIR 4-0 THRASHING FROM pLYMOUTH i THINK NOT) Has Jim Magilton got Ipswich any nearer the Prem ?

Did Notts forest do well this year (no chance) even though they spent big in the summer. Preston have been in the play offs 4 times in the last 6 yrs and still no further forward . Let's face it this is a tough league. probably the most exciting in England. We have had two good years in this division , the best record this club has had for many a year. Gary will get us to the promised land, if we don't drive him out before hand. Let him do his stuff and enjoy what we have.

In your condemnation of GJ , stating he' has played out and not taken us ahead. Let us look at how the other clubs in this division have fared. Has Warnock taken Palace forward this year. Has Chris Coleman been the guiding light at Coventry(aFTER THEIR 4-0 THRASHING FROM pLYMOUTH i THINK NOT) Has Jim Magilton got Ipswich any nearer the Prem ?

Did Notts forest do well this year (no chance) even though they spent big in the summer. Preston have been in the play offs 4 times in the last 6 yrs and still no further forward . Let's face it this is a tough league. probably the most exciting in England. We have had two good years in this division , the best record this club has had for many a year. Gary will get us to the promised land, if we don't drive him out before hand. Let him do his stuff and enjoy what we have.

Excellent clear headed post. Be warned, someone'll come on & whinge about the manager & chairman promising us top two this season therefore we've gone backwards.

Archived