IGNORED

Scott Scott Super Scott

Andrew_V1

Just to lift spirits a bit after seeing a promising season peter out, I was just wondering what everyone's fav Murray moments were, seeing as he's played his final game for the Cider Army

I have 3 that really stick out

1.Cardiff brace including the ayatollah celebration - stuff of legends right there

2.Last seasons strike against QPR, fantastic way to show a glimpse of a few of the special goals to come in our 1st season back in the championship

3.Last season reserve fixture against the gas - scoring from inside his own half, top quality strike from the flying scotsman

Everyone, lets all share and bask in the great guy and player that is Super scotty murray :winner_third_h4h:

Too many to list. thats why he's a legend.

The season where he scored 27 was amazing. he was some player that season - superman.

Also the goal vs boro is a goal that springs to mind.

Everyone mentions the cardiff one of course..... could go on all day.

Pretty certain no one else will have seen it, but I remember Millwall at home, think it was Boxing Day in what was maybe Scotty's first season here. For some reason I was sat in the family enclosure and Scotty was having a running battle with one of the Millwall lads, he was ripping the piss out of him for the entire game. I can't remember what exactly was said now, but he had several hundred of us in tears with one comment - at that moment he became a 'fan favourite' as they would say in the States.

Other than that, it has to be the pic in my avatar - running the gauntlet at Tinnion Park.

Legend, no other word for it. I met him out once, even with his family he still had time for all the City fans that wanted a quick chat with him, and I know G*sheads that haven't got a bad word to say about him. That just about sums it up for me.

Great bloke, great player and really hope we've not seen the last of him at the Gate, sure we haven't!

Cheers Scotty!

Scored a belter against Rotherham away in the promotion season, cut inside and curled a left footer round the keeper from 20 yards. Typical Scott Murray goal really, he didn't do tap in's.

I'll remember Tinman regularly finding him from 50 yards early on in the '00/01 season, fantasy football until teams got wise to it and also his understanding with Carey down the right a few seasons ago.

So many memories but the Boro goal was something else because of what it meant. Also his promotion celebrations were quality.

When he returned to us was also a personal favorite memory of mine. I was working in a supermarket at the time and I received a text informing me he was returning and I just exploded with excitement and was dancing around the aisles singing his name and getting lots of funny looks from the customers.

Top 3 for me..

1. QPR last season.. postage stamp quality

2. Oldham 2003/04? Ran from inside his own half beat 2-3 men and placed it beautifuly. Boring Boring Oldham :D

3. Exeter 1999/00 LDV Southern Semi Final - burst down the right wing and curled one in to the top left hand corner to put us 3-0 up on the night and we were off to Wembley.

Has to be Cardiff at number 1.

The whole day was amazing, the last time we ran the gauntlet from the Old Monk, attacked on the way, treated like cr@p, we go one down, 10,000 taffs baying for our blood..enter Scott Murray.

We've taken the lead in far more important games since, but i've never felt the same sense of satisfaction and euphoria like i did that day.

Cardiff chanting 'Outside, it's a massacre', only for us to respnd with 'ooh arr, it's a massacre'.

Oh yeah, and Sam Hamam (sp?) being hit with a bottle of p!ss.

Happy, happy days.

So many memories of Super Scott, but the pick of the bunch has to be the goal v Oldham a few years back..he ran from inside his own half, beating players left right and centre, just when you thought he's lost the chance he cut inside the last of the defenders from the edge of the area and placed it superbly to score..I think it was the season we got to the play offs before losing to Cardiff and at the time Oldham were also up there - great game and great goal....I remember his first game for and thought then he was a bit special - I have a feeling it was v The Gas !! Lets hope we keep him at the club, for motivational purposes if nothing else - great guy.

Has to be the brace at Cardiff. There is a copy of the picture of Murray with his hand behind ear running down the side of the Cardiff fans in the SC bar - brilliant celebration and a fantastic picture.

As others have already mentioned his goal at AG against Oldham was simply brilliant. One of the best individual goals I've ever seen at the Gate.

If there was a 'Hall of Fame' at AG then Murray would be in it along with Atyeo, Gow and Tinnion.

Does anyone actually remember in Murray's first season (promotion season 1997/98) when he used to come on as a substitute and run round like a complete nutter and we all used to sing 'psycho, psycho' at him?!

He actually made 25 appearances that season and didn't score! I remember his end product being pretty poor (similar to Sproule) but there was always that air of excitement when he got on the ball as he had devastating pace.

Definite highlight was the celebration v Carriff in our 3-1 win there when he ran the length of the 'Bob Bank' cupping his ear. Can't say I remember much about it though as the away end turned into the biggest mosh pit of all time.

2002/03 season 27 goals from right midfield...hat-trick v Mansfield. Also that goal against Oldham and it was no wonder Reading came in with the offer.

I also remember him scoring a penalty at Swindon near the start of GJ's reign when we were on the 9 game losing run. Friday night, pissing it down with rain less than 1,000 City there. City get a penalty in the 4th minute, Scotty misses the first one then drills home the retake, comes right up to the away end and you could see the passion in his eyes, kissing the badge, quality. Shame we went on to lose 2-1!

Goals against Middlesborough, QPR and at Norwich the best most recent memories.

For me the two goals at Cardiff will live longest in the memory. The electric atmosphere that surrounded the game made those two goals so sweet, especially after going the goal down.

After that, the Boro goal and the mazy run from the edge of our own box to score against Oldham rank as the next two highlights.

I dearly hope that he retains some role within the club as he has genuine enthusiasm for BCFC.

Good luck Scotty

the oldham goal is the best for me, there are some goals, that come from a goal mouth scramble where the anticpation of it isnt as good, so it doesnt feel quite as exciting. Three I can clearly recall where you could almost see it happening before you were the tony thorpe header from aaron browns cross against rovers, christian roberts v hartlepool and Scottys against oldham. All 3 were needle games to varying degrees and the crowd went mental on each of the goals. The hatrick game against mansfield was awesome as well!

If you do read this Scotty then Thanks for all your efforts over the years

You have already been and will be sorely missed.....

People say that football does not have the characters anymore ...you were defo the exception

Jusst for the record I think the Cardiff brace tops the chart for I as well

Boro goal and Blackpool at the start of the 02 season? ...

I believe the keeper went up

I could never understand why, it was the first game of the season

When Murray left for Reading and Carey to Cov I was gutted

His return against notts county and tinman's 500th appearance? with Mark Goodfellow scoring in the last minute made that day special

Boro goal and Blackpool at the start of the 02 season? ...

I believe the keeper went up

I could never understand why, it was the first game of the season

When Murray left for Reading and Carey to Cov I was gutted

His return against notts county and tinman's 500th appearance? with Mark Goodfellow scoring in the last minute made that day special

His return was vs QPR was'nt it??

Has to be Cardiff at number 1.

The whole day was amazing, the last time we ran the gauntlet from the Old Monk, attacked on the way, treated like cr@p, we go one down, 10,000 taffs baying for our blood..enter Scott Murray.

We've taken the lead in far more important games since, but i've never felt the same sense of satisfaction and euphoria like i did that day.

Cardiff chanting 'Outside, it's a massacre', only for us to respnd with 'ooh arr, it's a massacre'.

Oh yeah, and Sam Hamam (sp?) being hit with a bottle of p!ss.

Happy, happy days.

Best ever day out at football in my life, the whole day was quality!

One of my favourite memories was his debut (against Watford on Boxing Day?!), just after signing. One of his first touches went astray, and I remember one of the guys sat near me at the time turned to one of his mates and said, "where did you say we signed him from? Villa? Well I hope John Ward kept the receipt...!"

I thought it was symptonmatic of the way we City fans jump to conclusions about our players, and he was immediately one of my favourite players.

Used to love the site of him trapping the ball neatly after another perfectly judged Tinman pass, before skipping off down the wing, turning a couple of defenders inside-out, then cutting inside at the last moment and firing a shot goal-wards.

The best right-winger I've seen at the Gate in 20-odd years of watching.

I also remember him scoring a penalty at Swindon near the start of GJ's reign when we were on the 9 game losing run. Friday night, pissing it down with rain less than 1,000 City there. City get a penalty in the 4th minute, Scotty misses the first one then drills home the retake, comes right up to the away end and you could see the passion in his eyes, kissing the badge, quality. Shame we went on to lose 2-1!

I was there then, and remember that celebration, he was well up for it! I remember the Swindon fans giving it large when he missed and not realising the ref had ordered a retake! Very strange game as well, didn't Murray have to be substituted for stitches, and Kelly Youga had to go and change his undershorts because they were the wrong colour?! And whilst that was all happening we conceded an equaliser, and then Sankofa got sent off after 25 mins, and Partridge was stretchered off! And Rory flamin' Fallon scored the winner, surprise, surprise! Great atmosphere in that soaking away end though, what was that quality song we had going about being soaking wet and having a laugh?!

Anyway, back to Scotty, the goal against Boro was pretty special, didn't go to Cardiff but have seen the replays! Great servant to the club, cracking character and ambassador for football and for City! Cheers Scott!

Definately the Boro goal sticks in my mind.

When I think of Scotty though, I'm not normally thinking of any one goal, it was just the confidence it gave the fans and the team when he got the ball. Every time the ball reached his feet you felt something would happen.

There are very few players we've had over recent years that filled you with that much anticipation.

A bit left field but the game which stands out for me is home v Brentford in Tinnions 1st season (Easter Bank hols I think). To be brutally honest when Scott 1st returned from Reading he looked a pale shadow of his former self (think he then got a hamstring injury).

The Brentford game (he scored 2) was the 1st time I though "yes he's back & he can still really make a difference".

Top player, top bloke.

Archived