IGNORED

Adebola's Replacement

Sampson City Reds

As we all know now unless you have been living under a rock big Dele is on his way to another club this summer so we are going to need a like for like replacement for him really so who should we looking in to bringing in.

Obviously he has to be strong good at holding up the ball and I reckon strong in the air.

Question is who is out there that we would be able to afford?

I'd rather see us sign a player in the Steve Brooker mould without the injuries, a powerful centre forward who can link play with some ability on the ball and can shoot.

I really don't think we need another 6 and a half foot giant to hoof the ball at and would rather we did not sign a like for like replacement.

rumour has it there is someone out there that fits this discription... AKINDE!!!

Lots of people see Akinde as a natural replacement for Dele, but I think they may actually be quite different players. Dele is very strong with his back to goal. I see Akinde as far better with the ball at his feet running at goal.

Akinde is a project. don't get over-excited because he scored some goals for Wycombe. Send him out on loan again next year and allow him to continue his learning curve.

In the limited time I have seen Styvar he has struck me as the most similar player to Dele we have, although what he lacks in aerial presence and direct running he makes up in cleverness.

Styvar should and will, I would assume, be given the opportunity to fill the Adebola formed abyss.

I still say if you want someone like Dele you will need to go to Preston for parkin. Hes a handfull from what ive seen, not sure i would want him but hes definatley a like for like player.

If you want to get hold of Jon Parkin it would probably be best to try Burger King before Preston North End.

I really don't think we need another 6 and a half foot giant to hoof the ball at and would rather we did not sign a like for like replacement.

Bloody hell! thats twice today that I've agreed with Nibor.

To be honest I don't know of many strikers that have a proven record at CCC level. Then again Stern John did but flopped at City.

Obviously there are players like Cox and Lambert who have been succesfull at Div 1 level but there no guarantee that they'll make the step up - Trundle didn't.

Its tough call and to be perfectly honest I don't know who I'd like to see.

If it is a direct replacement for Adebola I would try and sign U.S. international Kenny Cooper from FC Dallas, I have seen him play twice at the Pizza Hut Park (thats the stadium not the one next to the Hippodrome)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Cooper

He is 6 ft 4, good in the air, a clinical finisher, strong as an ox plus has a bit of pace, he is only 24 and was on Man Utd books in his early career. Currently averages around a goal every other game. He is looking to return to Europe and in the last 12 months has interest from Cardiff, Hibs and Rosenborg, would be available for around £1.5m.

Him and Paul Gallagher would be the strikers I would look to bring in.

Its a tricky one isnt it

Id leek to see Steyvar and Akinde get a chance to make the spot their own, but at the same time i wouldnt want to have to rely on either of those two going into start of next season in case they both arent up to it.

Therefore i reckon a quality season long loan could be a good shout. This would give steyvar and akinde the chance to challenge for the loanee's place with the possibility of becoming first choice when the loan goes back.

I reckon Sam Vokes would be a good shout, he would score goals at this level, might not get too much footie at wolves next season otherwise. another option for loan could be ched evans whos chances look limited at man city.

Another benefit of taking a loan is we'd have more money left to spend on a right winger

I would like to see styvar up top with maynard...

Onces he's had a pre season with us and now his family are over to help him settle in even more i think we shall see the best of him.

In the few glimpses seen of him i know he hasn't shown much but a few times he seemed to link well with nicky.... :fingerscrossed:

If it is a direct replacement for Adebola I would try and sign U.S. international Kenny Cooper from FC Dallas, I have seen him play twice at the Pizza Hut Park (thats the stadium not the one next to the Hippodrome)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Cooper

He is 6 ft 4, good in the air, a clinical finisher, strong as an ox plus has a bit of pace, he is only 24 and was on Man Utd books in his early career. Currently averages around a goal every other game. He is looking to return to Europe and in the last 12 months has interest from Cardiff, Hibs and Rosenborg, would be available for around £1.5m.

Him and Paul Gallagher would be the strikers I would look to bring in.

Not a bad shout actually, off to flyer this year too, would return to Europe in shot I would have thought plus I hear there is problems inside FC Dallas so a low cheeky bid may even do it.

Guest RobbieTurner
As we all know now unless you have been living under a rock big Dele is on his way to another club this summer so we are going to need a like for like replacement for him really so who should we looking in to bringing in.

Obviously he has to be strong good at holding up the ball and I reckon strong in the air.

Question is who is out there that we would be able to afford?

Chris Iwellumo.

Its a tricky one isnt it

Id leek to see Steyvar and Akinde get a chance to make the spot their own, but at the same time i wouldnt want to have to rely on either of those two going into start of next season in case they both arent up to it.

Therefore i reckon a quality season long loan could be a good shout. This would give steyvar and akinde the chance to challenge for the loanee's place with the possibility of becoming first choice when the loan goes back.

I reckon Sam Vokes would be a good shout, he would score goals at this level, might not get too much footie at wolves next season otherwise. another option for loan could be ched evans whos chances look limited at man city.

Another benefit of taking a loan is we'd have more money left to spend on a right winger

Sorry! Thats complete and utter blocks!

I would like to see styvar up top with maynard...

Onces he's had a pre season with us and now his family are over to help him settle in even more i think we shall see the best of him.

In the few glimpses seen of him i know he hasn't shown much but a few times he seemed to link well with nicky.... :fingerscrossed:

At last someone else attends matches with their eyes open!

Another one watching the game, come on speak up the rest of you, I know your out there.

I failed to be impressed with Styvar, didn't look really good at anything, not that pacey, not great in the air, wasn't creative (Stern was more creative and it didn't work out for him here). Played one good ball against Pompey, and thats about it. So i can't see what your basing your suggestion on to say that Styvar looked promising. Hopefully as Johnson says with a good pre season he'll be a different player.

I failed to be impressed with Styvar, didn't look really good at anything, not that pacey, not great in the air, wasn't creative (Stern was more creative and it didn't work out for him here). Played one good ball against Pompey, and thats about it. So i can't see what your basing your suggestion on to say that Styvar looked promising. Hopefully as Johnson says with a good pre season he'll be a different player.

As I thought I quite clearly pointed out, I was watching!

Archived