IGNORED

Adebola's Replacement

Sampson City Reds

Sorry! Thats complete and utter blocks!

why exaxctly was my comment b*llocks

it appears the you are a fan of steyvar, and i am suggesting he is given an opportunity to prove himself before we sign a permanent replacement for dele?

what exactly about that has agrrieved you so much?

Bloody hell! thats twice today that I've agreed with Nibor.

To be honest I don't know of many strikers that have a proven record at CCC level. Then again Stern John did but flopped at City.

Obviously there are players like Cox and Lambert who have been succesfull at Div 1 level but there no guarantee that they'll make the step up - Trundle didn't.

Its tough call and to be perfectly honest I don't know who I'd like to see.

I still think that the reason the supposedly proven strikers have flopped at Ashton Gate is the service. The year Lita got 30+ we had Scotty and Cotterill running down the left or right and whipping a ball across for him to tap in. Admittedly, we've had many different styles of strikers since then, but I stand by the fact that we need to sort our midfield, most notably wingers, out, before we can lay blame to the strikers not scoring bucketloads.

He had one good season.....8 goals in 51 matches for Sheffield United.......He is going straight back to League One

Possibly, but should be available at a reasonable price particularly if they go up, and might feel he has something to prove at this level. He is still a relatively young man too so might have enough hunger and ambition to prove his doubters wrong and make his mark.

Bloody hell! thats twice today that I've agreed with Nibor.

To be honest I don't know of many strikers that have a proven record at CCC level. Then again Stern John did but flopped at City.

I thought it was Nibor who pointed out that apart from last season with Southampton Stern John has a far from impressive overall record in the Championship.

Certainly not a consistently proven one.

Styver's looked awful BUT we are now told he has been ill on and off since coming to City.

That might be a reason for witholding judgement and giving him another chance but there certainly wouldn't be any other reason from what we've seen.

Still very dubious that he can be a successful Championship striker but it now looks as though GJ is determined to keep him, so let's hope debilitating illness is the only reason he's looked out of his depth so far.

It would have been fairer to the player if us fans had been better informed of Styvar's problems these last few months as well.

It would have been fairer to the player if us fans had been better informed of Styvar's problems these last few months as well.

All the silence about Styvar was very odd, resulting in all the speculation about him leaving.

If he was ill, then why wasnt it mentioned on the pre-match SMS? They always text who is unavailable and why.

Very fishy

Styvar should and will, I would assume, be given the opportunity to fill the Adebola formed abyss

The "Adebola formed abyss" seems particularly alarming and potentially even unfillable the way you put it. :o

I haven't seen anything to suggest Styvar could be that gargantuan abyss- filler - but there again he's been ill.

New muscular colossus if Dele goes, I reckon, but hopefully played sparingly.

All the silence about Styvar was very odd, resulting in all the speculation about him leaving.

If he was ill, then why wasnt it mentioned on the pre-match SMS? They always text who is unavailable and why.

Very fishy

Turnip informs me that it was mentioned once on the radio that Styvar hadn't travelled to a game due to illness.

However there was never any word that I remember that the illness was lasting, or repetitive, or generally knocking him for six.

Anyway, you'd hope Styvar didn't ever play when under the weather so fans can only base their opinions from his appearances - when presumably he was fit to play - and these were largely very disappointing.

It's a bit of a mystery - of course something along the lines of glandular fever can have a relatively long term debilitating affect?

Whatever it was, just as well it doesn't seem to have been contagious or we could've been really struggling for players.

I would not mind seeing Adebola getting his extra year to be honest, he is a good player worth 2 seasons.

We all like Dele but two years wages for what will probably be only one productive year is too much.

I think it's just possible his popularity with City fans might have got to him a bit and he may think again about accepting 1 year.

At half time against Wednesday he was signing autographs for a couple of young fans at half time by the Dolman when they shouted, "Stay with City, we love you Dele."

Not surprisingly, considering their very close proximity, he looked surprised and almost overwhelmed :crying::o , and promised the two young shavers he might well do just that. :)

Just seen on SSN that Forest are leading the chase now, he's certainly not going to be short of offers!

Pretty certain one of them will offer him a 2 year deal, think it's the right decision not to on our part - but imagine how much use he could be to Akinde over the next 12 months? Maybe a one year deal with a one year option - triggers after so many games / goals, not too sure how such things work.

I would not mind seeing Adebola getting his extra year to be honest, he is a good player worth 2 seasons.

give him 2 years!

he's proved he can still score goals and make a great impact for us so why not give him 2 years?

won't be easy 2 replace at this level without spending a lot

Leicester confirm there interested in simon cox so looks like he could be heading there.... could rickie lambert really be worth a go?

Why? :dunno:

Because:

1) all our preferred targets are being snapped up elsewhere?

2) no one else wants him?

3) local hype tells us we must be interested?

Common sense tells us he's a slothful one season wonder who would only fester on our bench, at best.

GJ has to get the next striker signing spot on and Lambert is definitely not that player - hopefully someone else will give the gas their million :whistle2::rofl2br: and put an end to these ugly rumours early in the window.

If no other bids are coming in for Lambert then that tells us all we need to know about how he's rated in the football world in general which I suspect is very much lower than the gas PR machine/local media would have us believe.

Chris Iwellumo.

IF we do look to get a big-un in then that is right on the money. As with Vokes maybe they wont be getting so many games in the prem depending on who MM brings in. Iwellumo would certainly be that "club in the bag".

Dave Kitson moved to Stoke for 5.5M, Has not settled with them.

They probably want shot of him- Worth a 2M bid IMO!

Going back to Reading apparently ( on beeb website i think)

Assuming that Dele goes maybe Vokes/Keogh or similar (maybe a bit more experience required - a proven Premier League player struggling to get a game but on a long contract perhaps?) on a season long loan might be the temporary stop gap we need and hopefully Akinde will challenging for a regular starting slot the season after.

As we all know now unless you have been living under a rock big Dele is on his way to another club this summer so we are going to need a like for like replacement for him really so who should we looking in to bringing in.

Obviously he has to be strong good at holding up the ball and I reckon strong in the air.

Question is who is out there that we would be able to afford?

Raziak impressed me at Watford boxing day!

Not sure if they have bought him or if he was on loan!

Billy Sharp from Sheffield Utd

I would get rid of Trundle and Dele, give Styvar till xmas, to see if he can adapt to our style of play.

I would try to sign 3 strikers, those being, Billy Sharp, Andy Keogh and Sam Vokes.

I believe all 3 would be available at the right price, and these 3 would be ideal, as they are young and score goals.

Sharp and Keogh know each others game inside out, as they were successful together at Scunny, and Vokes would be Deles replacement.

Archived