IGNORED

Chris Weale To Leicester

silverfox

If he has got over his fitness problems, this could be a very big mistake.

Gary obviously thinks he will continue to be injury prone.

I'm with you on this one. I think Weale has shown great deal of potential whenever i've seen him play, he has all the attributes required to be a top 'kepper. If he stays injury free i think he could become a class act, if the injuries persist then GJ will have been proved right.

However, would having Weale as first choice with his injury problems and Henderson behind him getting games dotted around be such a bad thing in the long term?

Not a massive loss as far as I'm concerned injury prone and Henderson has proved he is a very good shot stopper and can challenge Basso. What would disappoint me is if GJ did get another Keeper like the rumour of Kelvin Davis. As I hope Henderson gets the chance he deserves.

I'd rather someone fancied spending a bit of cash on showboating Basso and we had Weale and the impressive Henderson to hold the fort.

hear hear!i totally agree with you.basso started to act like a big jessie towards the

end of the season

Either way Weale has gone now so onwards to getting a 3rd goalkeeper.. I would say lets trust the youth system for that but henderson doesn't have bundles of experience. Having said that I would hate fo Gj to bring another experienced GP to push Henderson back down the order would love to see Henderson given a chance.. Weale was when basso was injured but even that wasn't much we'll see..

Either way Weale has gone now so onwards to getting a 3rd goalkeeper.. I would say lets trust the youth system for that but henderson doesn't have bundles of experience. Having said that I would hate fo Gj to bring another experienced GP to push Henderson back down the order would love to see Henderson given a chance.. Weale was when basso was injured but even that wasn't much we'll see..

On the main site, GJ says he's in no rush to find another keeper, because henderson is no longer a youngster and it would be easy enough to get a loan keeper if either him of basso get injured.

good times

On the main site, GJ says he's in no rush to find another keeper, because henderson is no longer a youngster and it would be easy enough to get a loan keeper if either him of basso get injured.

good times

hmm wow main site saying more than here thats a first! thats very nice to read indeed cause surely he can't be getting al lof those u21 caps for nothing!

Let him go

Far too many mistakes in the games he's played, look at wolves away for example.

I think we should let weale go and step Henderson to number 2 and then bring in another young keeper

Seen a few good ones like Rhys Taylor of Chelsea only 17 (i think) and is playing for wales under 18s

Worth a shout...?

Actually, when he was called upon last season and the season before that, I think he was actually rather good.

Take care Chris; show GJ what he's let go.

Actually, when he was called upon last season and the season before that, I think he was actually rather good.

Take care Chris; show GJ what he's let go.

You can make a list of errors for any keeper. Even internationals - just mention Carson, James, Seaman, Robinson and you get the idea.

Anyway, my point is that Basso made a lot of errors when he first arrived and was given the opportunity to iron them out. I think Weale, given the same chance, would have done the same. Anyway, it's all by the by, except in my opinion we're weaker now than when the season ended.

Leicester have already signed 4 players - almost makes a nonsense of all the talk about targets taking a long time to acquire...

It makes a nonsense of absolutely nothing IMO. QUALITY players have a number of clubs after them generally and we are competing against these clubs. Chris Weale has not achieved enough in the game (yet) to have numerous clubs after him and therefore it makes it a lot easier for Leicester to acquire the player's signature on a Pre-Contract Agreement. Why would the likes of Marlon Harewood (just one name bandied about here today) sign a Pre-Con with us today when there is a chance that before his current contract runs out he may get offered two and a half times the salary we can offer him elsewhere (such as if Newcastle were suddenly interested)?

The type of player I am guessing we are after is the type of sought after player that will receive four or five offers from interested clubs. Therefore it takes longer to get hold of the players we want.

You can make a list of errors for any keeper. Even internationals - just mention Carson, James, Seaman, Robinson and you get the idea.

Anyway, my point is that Basso made a lot of errors when he first arrived and was given the opportunity to iron them out. I think Weale, given the same chance, would have done the same. Anyway, it's all by the by, except in my opinion we're weaker now than when the season ended.

Of course all keepers make mistakes - cant hold that against weale. But the difference is Basso makes match-winning saves, time and time again and I don't think Weale has ever shown himself to be that good.

Agree, big mistake BCFC's loss. Good luck to chris.

Why would you class it as a BIG mistake? What has Weale actually done on the football pitch for us to warrant his departure being called a "big mistake"? On what I have seen in limited appearances I would class it a much bigger mistake to lose Henderson because he doesn't see being third choice as any form of progression at Ashton Gate.

It makes a nonsense of absolutely nothing IMO. QUALITY players have a number of clubs after them generally and we are competing against these clubs. Chris Weale has not achieved enough in the game (yet) to have numerous clubs after him and therefore it makes it a lot easier for Leicester to acquire the player's signature on a Pre-Contract Agreement. Why would the likes of Marlon Harewood (just one name bandied about here today) sign a Pre-Con with us today when there is a chance that before his current contract runs out he may get offered two and a half times the salary we can offer him elsewhere (such as if Newcastle were suddenly interested)?

The type of player I am guessing we are after is the type of sought after player that will receive four or five offers from interested clubs. Therefore it takes longer to get hold of the players we want.

That's why I said 'almost'!

I agree with you, and I won't slate GJ or SL if we fail to strengthen in all the areas we need to this season. But, it's still a bit disconcerting to see clubs with 4 players already lined up...

Not a big loss IMO, suprising that some pople think its a ''huge'' loss considering he hasnt done a great deal since being here.

I'm more than happy with a proven keeper at this level in Basso, and Henderson who looks to have the potential to be as good as if not better than Basso.

Disappointing but not unexpected, he never got a decent chance here.

I'd agree with that. Letting him go really makes me wonder why we signed him in the first place. Gary brought him here with Basso already here claiming that Weale was one of the best goalkeepers that he had ever worked with and had potential but we never really saw the best of him. I'm disapointed for Bcfc but pleased that Wealey will get some first team action now. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to bite us in the ass.

Would have been different if it was me but I guess it's the managements decision.

I'd agree with that. Letting him go really makes me wonder why we signed him in the first place. Gary brought him here with Basso already here claiming that Weale was one of the best goalkeepers that he had ever worked with and had potential but we never really saw the best of him. I'm disapointed for Bcfc but pleased that Wealey will get some first team action now. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to bite us in the ass.

Would have been different if it was me but I guess it's the managements decision.

Agree with that !

When GJ brought him here he said " he is a Premier League keeper in the making ".

Got that wrong then GJ did you ?

So what happens if Basso gets a long term injury?

BCFC today - City's manager also says this is a big opportunity for Stephen Henderson to step up.

The former Aston Villa keeper has agreed to sign a one-year extension, and Gary said: "Here's a big opportunity for Stephen.

"He's 21 now, he's not a youngster anymore and this is his chance to challenge for the number one spot. He's a very good keeper and he'll relish this chance."

Usually Gary likes to have three goalkeepers in his squad, and he admitted: "I'm looking at what's available but there's no immediate rush.

"The goalkeeping position is probably the easiest to fix with a loan signing in the event of injury and I have five or six names in mind."

So there you have it... :noexpression:

Agree, big mistake BCFC's loss. Good luck to chris.

Hmm. How many mistakes has Johnson made so far when letting players go? Not one has gone on to play at a higher level than City. In fact Weale is doing better than most by remaining at the same level (though I think we'll finish above them next season).

Has David Noble signed for anyone yet?

BCFC today - City's manager also says this is a big opportunity for Stephen Henderson to step up.

The former Aston Villa keeper has agreed to sign a one-year extension, and Gary said: "Here's a big opportunity for Stephen.

"He's 21 now, he's not a youngster anymore and this is his chance to challenge for the number one spot. He's a very good keeper and he'll relish this chance."

Usually Gary likes to have three goalkeepers in his squad, and he admitted: "I'm looking at what's available but there's no immediate rush.

"The goalkeeping position is probably the easiest to fix with a loan signing in the event of injury and I have five or six names in mind."

So there you have it... :noexpression:

What the hell? Five or six goalkeepers in mind to loan?

Henderson has no chance. It's going to be Basso again for this season and the one after. :disapointed2se:

What the hell? Five or six goalkeepers in mind to loan?

Henderson has no chance. It's going to be Basso again for this season and the one after. :disapointed2se:

What on earth you on about, were you at the Ipswich game where Basso got injured?

i think he has proved he has really come on far after that performance...

Just got in from work and just heard the news - Not entirely unexpected but a great opportunity for Stephen Henderson to step up?

As for Chris Weale - Thanks for all your efforts and good luck in the future except when you play us? I for one will welcome him back when he comes back with his new club.

What on earth you on about, were you at the Ipswich game where Basso got injured?

i think he has proved he has really come on far after that performance...

I'm not having a dig at henderson. I'm saying that he could end up the same way as Weale, with little to no first team opportunities. Especially if there are 5 or 6 keepers lined up to loan in if Basso gets injured. Basso is good but I don't feel that he was anywhere near as good last season as he was previously.

I'm not having a dig at henderson. I'm saying that he could end up the same way as Weale, with little to no first team opportunities. Especially if there are 5 or 6 keepers lined up to loan in if Basso gets injured. Basso is good but I don't feel that he was anywhere near as good last season as he was previously.

You do know GJ means one keeper from 5 or 6, not actually signing 5-6 keepers?

:tumbleweed:

Archived