IGNORED

Another Exciting Home Friendly

Rocky

40 years ago City used to play H & A friendlies against Bristol's French twin City Bordeaux. The EP even donated a cup for the winners. Last time we met they won 1-0 there and we won the home leg 2-1 or 3-2. As Bordeaux have (I think) qualified for Europe next season, both clubs might consider it a useful exercise to play each other again in August (especially if the Bristol - Bordeaux exchange of young people is happening at that time).

40 years ago City used to play H & A friendlies against Bristol's French twin City Bordeaux. The EP even donated a cup for the winners. Last time we met they won 1-0 there and we won the home leg 2-1 or 3-2. As Bordeaux have (I think) qualified for Europe next season, both clubs might consider it a useful exercise to play each other again in August (especially if the Bristol - Bordeaux exchange of young people is happening at that time).

I've often thought this. We're twinned with Bordeaux, Porto, Hannover, Tblisi (and Ghenzhou, Puerto Morozan, Beira).

You would think it would therefore be easier to set up friendlies with these teams than to go alone. A mini tour of China, Georgia, or Mozambique would do wonders for our fan base. But it's clearly not happening - when we toured Portugal I don't think we played anywhere near Porto?

A waste from the club I reckon. The contacts exist to set these kind of things up far more easily than any other activity. We should use them.

Ok then, lets have a 10 day away trip for the team combined with a holiday for fans. Porto - Bordeaux - Hannover with games 3 or 4 days apart to allow for travelling etc.

We're still stuck for home friendlies though.

Must admit I am VERY disappointed in the home friendlies? Wolves were only at the Gate this year and Wycombe (with all respect) are hardly a mouth watering spectacle? Even if we drew them in the Carling cup I would expect 5,000 max so what sort of crowd we are going to get for a pre season I cannot imagine, especially as a lot of people will still be on their hols?

Also how much are we going to get charged for this extravaganza?????????

Not a moan as come July I will be desperate for my BCFC "fix" so I will be down there even if they were playing Nempnett Thrubwell thirds - but still disappointed.

:ermm:

We're still stuck for home friendlies though.

Brainwave! Ashton Gate could stage one of those 4 team tournaments. We could make it a red & white festival with teams who wear red and white from each of the home nations; Wrexham, Cliftonville, Aberdeen and City (of course). OK I know there's only a smidgin of white in Aberdeen's colours.

Alternately, a rainbow(ish) festival with teams from North, South, East & West of England. Carlisle (blue), Pompey (white), Norwich (yellow) and City (red) and yes I know white is not a colour.

Archived