IGNORED

Five Live Veteran Player Of The Year

TimmerD

Guest Bristol_Babe

What a flippin cheek from Mr QPR... He isn't over the fact that we beat them 1-0.

BBC should be doing something if 10,000 votes from one computer.

Guest bcfcsols

The BBC has really ****** me off over this veteran vote shocker. I really think we should hit back at them as a club, write to the tabloids or something!

Is it just me in the heat of the moment or does anyone else agree? :@ :rolleyes:

Guest bcfcsols
The Oldham guy is now 20,000 votes ahead. Wonder how he feels?

:rolleyes:

Its quite funny now. I hope they break the 100k barrier. How will 5live explain that.

Id love it!

Can you imagine the player recieving his award:

"and the winner is Eyres............................[silent]"

The BBC has really ****** me off over this veteran vote shocker. I really think we should hit back at them as a club, write to the tabloids or something!

Is it just me in the heat of the moment or does anyone else agree? :@ :rolleyes:

Chill out dude.

We know who the real winner is.

Guest bcfccider

This is like the US Presidential elections! Next we will find that our votes have been deleted by the BBC.

:rolleyes:

Anyway a welcome distraction, but I reckon we should all ring the hotline to complain thorughout Monday at set times to p""s them off!

:wacko:

Well its looks as though Dunfirmline are in on it as well now, they actually said on the Radio this morning "Oldham fans have done a great job of getting votes in", so either weignore it, or if someone knows how they've done it lets do it! If you can't beat 'em join 'em :grr::dunno::)

Who is your Veteran Player of the Year?

You said: Brian Tinnion of Bristol City

Nigel Martyn of Everton

4433 (2%)

Les Ferdinand of Leicester City

40784 (18%)

Youri Djorkaeff of Bolton Wanderers

4919 (2%)

David Eyres of Oldham Athletic

122187 (53%)

Craig Brewster of Dunfermline Athletic

27991 (12%)

Iwan Roberts of Norwich City

10906 (5%)

Des Walker of Nottingham Forest

747 (0%)

Brian Tinnion of Bristol City

19291 (8%)

The only fair way to resolve this now is for the BBC to scrap these votes and count the emails that were used to nominate a players name at the beginning. Who ever had the most nominations wins?

Sorry if this has been suggested before but I haven't trawled back through all of the 7 pages in this thread. :grr:

Very silly and sad.

The thing with cheats is to hoist them with their own petard. If I was an Oldham fan, I would now start thinking about stopping it, because it looks silly.

I suggest we do not let them. Lets run their programme as many times as possible - voting for their player!

Presumably if the guy gets several million votes, even the BBC would have to do something.

How do you run the programme?

Well if the whole thing is going to be a farce and the bbc are going to just ignore it why don't we modify that exe and put in loads of votes for the most obscure player - Brewster of Dunfermline I reckon. Anything to stop Eyres from winning unfairly.

I'm sure Tinman wouldn't want to win by cheating, although if he is reading and disagrees then I'm sure he can tell us otherwise and we can try to do our best :grr:

I have emailed 5live with my views on what has now become a total farce.

I cant wait till they unveil the winner

"....with a massive 50+% of the vote the award goes to a total unknown by the name of........(rustle of papers) (who the hell is this) the award goes to Mr Eyeres from Oldham".

Anyway back to the news..........

:grr::dunno::):grr:

Guest bristolbred

Hadn't had the chance to post this last Monday, as i had to rush to work,

Got my vote, and got some non footballing friends to vote as well!!. :grr:

Won't it be great if he won!!. :)

:dunno:

Shame though if this ends up a complete farce!!. :speechless3:

But the "Tinman" is always the best in our hearts and thats what really matters!!. :grr: .

Guest bristolbred

Here's the latest from the Five Live website,

David Eyres of Oldham Athletic

145246 (56%) ,, :dunno:

And whats their average home gate?? :grr:

Poor old Brian has only got 10% of the vote so far!!, :)

Archived