IGNORED

Rob Stambolziev To Greece.

Lee F

After rejecting the offer from us seems he will be playing in Greece.

Should we be allowing this talent that we have nurtured to leave. :disapointed2se:

What have you heard Lee?

Very disappointing if true, not seen him play but have been encouraged by reports others have put on here about the lad. I'm sure there must be a few extra pounds in the kitty if we want to keep him that badly.........

How do you know? That is a huge shame. Do we get any developmen t fee then? Or do they need to have been on the books as an Under 23 professional

There will be some development fee but as he was only at the club for 2yrs it won,t be a great deal i also heard he was offered a deal and told if he didn,t like it he could try to find a better deal elswhere , not sure how much he was offered would be interesting to find out

I have been told he was offered a pro deal that was not a deal that could even be considered and was told it was the best he could expect. When the discussion turned to opportunities for the 1st team next season it was made pretty clear that would be very unlikely. So Rob rejected the offer and was then told he could go.

He is in Greece today, after going back to Austrailia a few weeks ago he has flown in to discuss a deal with a Greek club.

so how would u know this nonsense then?

Mutual friend. It is not hearsay. I do not post unsubtantiated rumours. Check back through my posts if you like. But I fully believe what I have been told.

Mutual friend. It is not hearsay. I do not post unsubtantiated rumours. Check back through my posts if you like. But I fully believe what I have been told.

To be fair Winker I think Lee has proved himself to be a trusted poster on here.

Really hope you're wrong with this one though mate!!

The official site only says he has "agreed to sign up" not that he's signed anything.

As I understand it, to qualify for compensation, the club only has to offer him a new contract on equal or better terms to his previous one. Since this is his first contract they can presumably offer him whatever they like.

It's disappointing if we lose a promising player but as always we should trust Gary's judgement. Maybe this lad isn't as good as we'd like him to be.

Ok you have made me question my info, so I have looked at Robs face book and there are lots of good luck messages from existing players at BCFC from the academy of last year.

So are they all lyingf as well????

The official site only says he has "agreed to sign up" not that he's signed anything.

As I understand it, to qualify for compensation, the club only has to offer him a new contract on equal or better terms to his previous one. Since this is his first contract they can presumably offer him whatever they like.

It's disappointing if we lose a promising player but as always we should trust Gary's judgement. Maybe this lad isn't as good as we'd like him to be.

I did notice you could interpret what was written differently - if this is the case Gary better get his own house in order before attcking the evil post all the time - very misleading!

How can he have been unhappy with the offer if he had agreed to sign it?

If the official site states they had agreed to sign then clearly that is different to having signed. However the concept that he is leaving because he didnt get a decent or 'acceptable' offer is surely rubbish as he, apparently - according to the OS, had agreed to it's terms!?

At first glance, it does seem a bit daft to me to have an Academy player whom the club have 'nurtured' and have thought worthy of a professional contract, and to then let him go elsewhere as he has been made a better offer, unless that offer is ridiculously better than City can be expected to pay for a youth international who was frequently reported to shine in FA Academy matches.

However if it is a scenario where the offer has been reasonable and is in line with the club's wage structure, and Rob's demands/agent's demands are untenable then the club would be right to say cheerio and good luck.

The truth is we will probably never know and the OTIB conjecture wagon will roll on......

Oh well, I expect cheltenham will be dissapointed a future player has slipped the net. Johnson ever get in wrong about a player we've let go?

Not very often wrong is our GJ. But he has not exactly let him go as he offered terms. Although not acceptable to the player. So GJ must have thought him worth keeping. So we have lost him.

My concern is surely if only 4 were good enough from the class of 08/09 academy and we lose one of those due to not offering enough in the deal. In business terms how much ROI (return on investment) is the academy creating?

In simple terms what does it cost to run and what is the final return for that investment. i.e Is there a player that will come through to the 1st team that will mean we do not have to spend 1 mill on a player from outside. That would be a good return IMO. But I don't think we have had many of those have we?

Not very often wrong is our GJ. But he has not exactly let him go as he offered terms. Although not acceptable to the player. So GJ must have thought him worth keeping. So we have lost him.

Not necessarily. If City have to offer terms in order to be able to claim compensation then by offering an unacceptable contract they can get rid of a player they deem not good enough and claim compensation off any club that does sign him. Harsh on the player perhaps but within the rules.

Archived