IGNORED

Rob Stambolziev To Greece.

Lee F

He got the same offer as Marlon Jackson and Ashley Kington who are probably better prospects.

Stats from the official site;

Rob Stambolsiev has 5 reserve team starts and yet to score, 23 starts in the academy with 9 goals.

Marlon Jackson has 4 reserve starts and 3 goals, 23 starts in the academy with 18 goals.

Ashley Kington has 6 reserve starts and 4 goals, 22 starts in the academy with 8 goals.

If anything, Jackson and Kington should be spitting dummies and complaining that Stambolsiev got offered the same as them.

Some interesting facts that put a slightly different slant on the debate. It would seem that Jackson and Kington have initially made the transition to "men's" football in this country a little bit better than Stambolsiev so far. If you can't do it in our reserves then you haven't got the slightest hope in hell of performing at Championship level. In fact, even if you can do it in our reserves the step up is massive.

On performances for Bristol City - thats a ridiculous thing to say!

Based on who has played at the highest level it would be ridiculous to claim that Murray is better than Wilkshire. It reads to me that your lack of respect for Luke Wilkshire is based on comments he made after leaving the club and not footballing ability which he clearly had.

The bloke might be a t0$$er but that doesn't make him a bad player.

Worse than SPL? Actually 1 place above it in this years European rankings of League which are based on the last 5 years.

And as othersd said above, Panathanikos do have some players with fairly good pedigree but it's a League of 3 with Olympiakos and AEK Athens the other 2 decent sidees over there I think, rest of standard not great.

But I agree, the move at this stage of the career probably a mistake for him.

OK fair enough, I didn't mean to suggest to the other posters he's on drugs, that was poor showing and i apologise, I'm just annoyed about all this bloody rubbish.

Hahah classic, I knew the SPL was weak as fork, but didn't realize the greek league is ranked higher :laugh:

Based on who has played at the highest level it would be ridiculous to claim that Murray is better than Wilkshire. It reads to me that your lack of respect for Luke Wilkshire is based on comments he made after leaving the club and not footballing ability which he clearly had.

The bloke might be a t0$$er but that doesn't make him a bad player.

Football ability he clearly had?? He did'nt show that ability and then had the cheek to critizise us and the league - it was like he was admitting he was sh!t but blamed everyone else but himself.

I never saw anything to suggest he was better than Murray. I accept that he has played at the highest level since, but at full back i believe?? Theres no doubt to play at champions league level, you must have quality.

But at Bristol City he failed. And for me, I could'nt give a sh!t what he has done after.

On performances for Bristol City - thats a ridiculous thing to say!

I don't think it's at all ridiculous to state that Luke Wilkshire (Premier League, Champions League, International footballer) is better than Scott Murray.

In Luke's performances for City I could see that he clearly had a lot of ability. Unfortunately he was in a team with others who weren't up to his standard and in a league where players with skill are distrusted and usually kicked out of games.

I don't think it's at all ridiculous to state that Luke Wilkshire (Premier League, Champions League, International footballer) is better than Scott Murray.

In Luke's performances for City I could see that he clearly had a lot of ability. Unfortunately he was in a team with others who weren't up to his standard and in a league where players with skill are distrusted and usually kicked out of games.

So, if he had "ability" in such a poor league - he should have run rings around most of the players??

I personnally think his attitude was the problem...... I say attitude, maybe thats the wrong word, but I suspect he found it hard to motivate himself playing at grounds like saltergate.

Still, you should'nt knock a league where you have failed or knock a team that spent alot of money on you and for whom you did'nt do the business.

He didn't fail. He was perfectly decent. I don't understand why you have such a disliking of the lad. We've had far, far worse playing for City.

We've had worse, but with far less "ability"

Bas Savage did more in a city shirt ffs.

You seem to be judging him on his career as a whole.

I'm judging him on his ability as a football player, rather than on some comments I don't even remember and some random personal grudge, if that's what you mean.

And without wanting to play down Bas' sterling efforts for the club, I would say Wilkshire did more. Reached a playoff final for one thing, plus he was a regular in the same team as Bas so Gary Johnson obviously felt he did enough.

He got the same offer as Marlon Jackson and Ashley Kington who are probably better prospects.

Stats from the official site;

Rob Stambolsiev has 5 reserve team starts and yet to score, 23 starts in the academy with 9 goals.

Marlon Jackson has 4 reserve starts and 3 goals, 23 starts in the academy with 18 goals.

Ashley Kington has 6 reserve starts and 4 goals, 22 starts in the academy with 8 goals.

If anything, Jackson and Kington should be spitting dummies and complaining that Stambolsiev got offered the same as them.

Puts it into perspective.

Also, It sounds like Stambolsev has an attitude problem anyway, saying GJ didn't treat him right, aww didums. stupid Aussie to55er.

I don't think you could find a more fair manager than GJ, If Stambolsev found him hard to work with then, best he leaves and finds his level in the Greek league

Puts it into perspective.

Also, It sounds like Stambolsev has an attitude problem anyway, saying GJ didn't treat him right, aww didums. stupid Aussie to55er.

I don't think you could find a more fair manager than GJ, If Stambolsev found him hard to work with then, best he leaves and finds his level in the Greek league

Bloody hell! A post like that sums up the forum these days. What a fair judgement on what you think, not know. How can you say that he has an attitude problem?!

Anyway, If Rob wants to go then so be it. He is doing what he feels is best for him. Football is cruel and players need to be almost ruthless sometimes on making decisions for themselves.

Its rare to find many players out there who put the club before themselves. So fair play to him if he wants to go to a team that have a chance of playing in the Champions League alongside many established international players. He'll still be nurtured over in Greece.

Thats even IF he is off, the club hasn't confirmed anything.

Bloody hell! A post like that sums up the forum these days. What a fair judgement on what you think, not know. How can you say that he has an attitude problem?!

Anyway, If Rob wants to go then so be it. He is doing what he feels is best for him. Football is cruel and players need to be almost ruthless sometimes on making decisions for themselves.

Its rare to find many players out there who put the club before themselves. So fair play to him if he wants to go to a team that have a chance of playing in the Champions League alongside many established international players. He'll still be nurtured over in Greece.

Look, this is the BCFC fans forum so we're not interested in what Stambolsiev or his agent thinks is 'best' for him, only what's best for BCFC.

It's not 'fair play to him' at all, he was made a good offer ( with the promise of more to come) from a club that has nurtured him and now offered him a chance in the professional game.

That he has apparently thrown that back in GJ's face is not acceptable or understandable to BCFC fans, it seems to be just downright greedy.

Firstly I don't give one flying #### about players not committed to City, He turned down a deal with us so as far as i'm concern he can pi55 off and join the Gas, I don't really care.

The reason I think he has an attitude probem is reading reports and listening to what people who know him say about him.

It my opinion and if you don't like it, you can always go away and have a cry.

You are deluded if you think he'll be nurtured in Greece, where did you get that idea from? and your just stupid if you think he'll ever play in Champions league games.

Panathanikos have over 20+ youth players at any one time, they turn them over like burgers! Greek football.. ROFL!! its nothing more than a retirement home for average has beens, NOT a place for youth players.

If he thinks he was treated badly by GJ then he's in for one hell of a shock when he joins Panathanikos, I hope the extra £300 a week his agent got him is worth it!

My tuppny worth.

I thought Wilkshire was absolute garbage and waste of space during the first half of his spell with us.

He then began to show glimpses of real ability, and steadily improved thereafter, to the point I was disappointed to see him leave.

We've had worse, but with far less "ability"

Bas Savage did more in a city shirt ffs.

You seem to be judging him on his career as a whole.

You are talking absolute b***ocks Riaz, what next, Andy Smith better than Shaun Goater cos he ran around a lot more??? :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

You are deluded if you think he'll be nurtured in Greece, where did you get that idea from? and your just stupid if you think he'll ever play in Champions league games.

He may well play in the Champions League in the future - he may not! We just don't know. But lets face it, he has more chance of playing Champions League football with pana than he does with Bristol City!

When Agostino joined 1860 Munich I'm sure a similar argument could have been made with him like you are making with Rob. However, in the end he ended up playing Champions League and UEFA cup football with them and spent 10 years at the club

Could be a similar story for Rob. It's a risk he wants to take and I can't blame him (as much as I would like him to stay here).

Wasn't Ago over 23/24when he went to 1860 Munich? We hadn't developed him as a youth team player either.

Ijust checked and according to wiki, Ago was born in June 75 and left us in the summer of 97, making him 22. I am 100% sure we never got anything for him, and I think the same would apply to Stambolziev.

Firstly I don't give one flying #### about players not committed to City, He turned down a deal with us so as far as i'm concern he can pi55 off and join the Gas, I don't really care.

The reason I think he has an attitude probem is reading reports and listening to what people who know him say about him.

It my opinion and if you don't like it, you can always go away and have a cry.

Panathanikos have over 20+ youth players at any one time, they turn them over like burgers! Greek football.. ROFL!! its nothing more than a retirement home for average has beens, NOT a place for youth players.

If he thinks he was treated badly by GJ then he's in for one hell of a shock when he joins Panathanikos, I hope the extra £300 a week his agent got him is worth it!

Yep I'm crying right now laughing at such a touchy reply :surrender:

Young players move about so much nowadays.

Have a look at the Greek team, I'm sure you'll see Panathanikos have 'nutured' talented players who've become internationals, won trophies and played at the highest of levels.

But what do I know, he's going to rot IF he moves - guaranteed!

Rant over.

You are talking absolute b***ocks Riaz, what next, Andy Smith better than Shaun Goater cos he ran around a lot more??? :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

did'nt say he was better. he did alot more.

Can't say I blame the kid for going. Our record of Academy players getting a first team chance is truly awful in recent years, stay here and get loan spells at Forest Green, or Cheltenham at best. As for the Aussies, Wilkshire was a decent player, but we never made full use of him, Agostino moved as he had a better offer, and who knows with Carle. For all of you critics, if you had a job offer at a better Company, paying more money, with better opportunities, would YOU be "loyal"? Are football Clubs loyal, or do they discard unwanted players without a second thought? And how about knocking McCoombe for moving on the cheap to a bigger Club paying more money?

Guest MaloneFM

Here's a different angle.

Isn't it bad form from GJ to go whining to the Evil when his offer isn't accepted? He has blamed the player and his agent publicly. We all know how dim the average footballer is and if his agent thinks he is the poodles pods and can get a better deal elsewhere then off he goes.

But to whinge about it on the back pages? Bad show.

Here's a different angle.

Isn't it bad form from GJ to go whining to the Evil when his offer isn't accepted? He has blamed the player and his agent publicly. We all know how dim the average footballer is and if his agent thinks he is the poodles pods and can get a better deal elsewhere then off he goes.

But to whinge about it on the back pages? Bad show.

He didnt go whinging to the paper it was taken word for word from his City World interview .

Archived