IGNORED

Danny Haynes Has Signed For City

SnozRobin

Guest RobbieTurner
Just found this.. Doesn't sound like a Johnson type player if hes got an Attitude problem (alleged)

http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=161090

Note the comment added by the supporter underneath that article :

Just shows how stupid 36% of Town supporters are. Danny Haynes is a raw talent that Jim couldn't manage but maybe Roy Keane can and should be given a chance to, if after a few months no progress has been made he should be off loaded but I still think he has some value. I can only assume that Danny Haynes attitude problem is deep rooted and has something to do with a psychological problem that he can't control. It's a shame for him as he's not fulfilling his potential and his talent is going to waste.

Maybe I should have said experienced?? and can control the ball. According to the ipswich fans, he cant control the ball for shyte.

'Haynes is very fast, he creates a lot of excitment, we are full of anticipation. Sadly, last season at least, he rarely achieved anything with the ball after the run. All the anticipation was wasted, time and again. Big shame as he could be good but, well, he isnt !........£1 million for Haynes? Bite their hands off!! He's not worth £10k........

As for Haynes, a million quid for a bit part player seems pretty good buisness..... Feel sorry for him as he's never quite made the grade, but this is a serious season for us and we can't afford to have deadwood hanging around...good money for haynes, and we certainly wont miss him. '

Various quotes from Ipswich board.

We all dream of a team of Ivan Sproules...and number 1 is Ivan Sproule .....ad infinitum

Note the comment added by the supporter underneath that article :

Just shows how stupid 36% of Town supporters are. Danny Haynes is a raw talent that Jim couldn't manage but maybe Roy Keane can and should be given a chance to, if after a few months no progress has been made he should be off loaded but I still think he has some value. I can only assume that Danny Haynes attitude problem is deep rooted and has something to do with a psychological problem that he can't control. It's a shame for him as he's not fulfilling his potential and his talent is going to waste.

They think very high of Roy Keane don't they know he cant handle manegment presser as we all saw at Sunderland

Marvin Elliott Mk 2?

Admittedly if he comes he's costing money, but he's young, has a good number of 1st team appearances under his belt yet his career appears to have stalled. I don't care if the majority of Ipswich fans don't rate him - remember what Milwall had to say about Marv?

GJ has proven time and again that he can get a return from talented players where other managers fail.

The impression I get is that Haynes is a player in danger of not realising his potential who desperately needs first team football and careful guidance, I think this is a fairly exciting move because if we handle him right he could be great. I'm encouraged to see us going for another player at the right end of his 20s as well.

Taken from an Ipswich forum

First of all, i'll be gutted, as I expect most Town fans will be if this move happen's. He's a young, quick, talented player.

He can play Up Front, but in my opinion, is better off playing down the wing (Right Side).

He's still got a lot to learn, but show's huge promise and at a young age has time on his side.

He has never really been played regular enough to gain the much needed experience he so greatly need's, if you guy's do sign him, and give him regular football.....you'll no doubt unearth a real gem and reap the benifits from him.

We have heard new's of this, but still unconfirmed as yet.

£1m, in my opinion is a fair price for him.

Sounds promising ..

The impression I get is that Haynes is a player in danger of not realising his potential who desperately needs first team football and careful guidance, I think this is a fairly exciting move because if we handle him right he could be great. I'm encouraged to see us going for another player at the right end of his 20s as well.

I think our wish is becoming a reality. If Haynes comes on board, that'll be four young quick strikers we have..... long ball wont be an option..

But with no wingers and McIndoe going, we may still play very narrow :noexpression:

Love the fact they claim it's an 'Exclusive'!

They really are quite lame aren't they. For must people though, the first they'll know of it is when they walk to the shops and see the paper. That is unless they are on here, watching Sky Sports News or listening to Radio Brizzle.

Noooooo!!!!

We don't need any more "young up and coming" strikers!

I want to see some experience in there rather than another young one for the future.

If this one happens though, I think it will be safe to say that the JVoH wont be happening.

i think he can play on the wings aswell hes only 5ft we still need a big man like JVOH

To be fair, they seem to have a more accurate report of a cost - "around £400K"

So exclusive of sorts

If it's £400k then I think this could be a very good bit of business by City.

He's 21, has a good number of games under his belt at Championship level, can score goals and is fast as ######

If Hartley can stay fit all season and pulls the creative strings with players like Haynes, Maynard, Clarkson and Sproule running off the last defender then we could be in for some exciting times.

Haynes has age and pace on his side surely with potential. Watched the youtube link just showed sproule how to do it and well if we went 4-3-3 him and maynard to mark would be a nightmare.

It's the main story in the championship bit on the BBC although it is still only according to BBC bristol radio but I think this would be a good signing.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8147537.stm

Archived