IGNORED

Danny Haynes Has Signed For City

SnozRobin

I'll be honest, before today I've never heard of this Haynes bloke, but after reading all of the info on here and BBC website, I feel pretty clued up on his type of player.

But why do we need to sign this type of player - surely our academy should be producing lads like this? I would prefer to see Plummer (or even JMW back when he was still here) get a sniff of first team action this season, rather than spending cash on players like Haynes. Geez, when the hell are our younger players going to be involved?

when their ready

It was worth noting on the interview how GJ was very specifically pleased with "Maynard, Clarkson and Akinde" and how he was very pleased with the fitness and focus of all the players who went to Portugal. If that isn't telling you Trundle has no future here nothing is.

Taken the words right out of my mouth.

Although to be fair if rumour is true and Trundle didnt travel to Portugal, which is clearly all the evidence required as to where he now stands anyway, Lee would have had to do super well to impress Johnson on that trip.

Taken the words right out of my mouth.

Although to be fair if rumour is true and Trundle didnt travel to Portugal, which is clearly all the evidence required as to where he now stands anyway, Lee would have had to do super well to impress Johnson on that trip.

Trundle is finished. He came back out of shape.

Guest Eamer
Indeed. Plummer looks miles off by all accounts but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ribeiro play quite a bit and J Wilson get a game here and there.

Wanna see some Artus too. Seems GJ is trying him out in a few positions so he could be in with a shot hopefully.

really good signing with pace and years left in him

be interesting to see who plays upfront now with Clarkson and Haynes in and Maynard not out of the picture by a long shot

My guess is Trundle will go (obvious) and Akinde will go out on loan again to set Clarkson, Haynes and Maynard as our three main strikers.

Bloody good on football manager too! :winner_third_h4h:

Could be a steal this. I'm very pleased about this move. When I see that Forest paid 1mill. for a ropey looking McGoldrick, I can't help but think we've rather well with this deal.

I look forward to him upsetting Keane with our last minute winner in the season to come.

really good signing with pace and years left in him

be interesting to see who plays upfront now with Clarkson and Haynes in and Maynard not out of the picture by a long shot

My guess is Trundle will go (obvious) and Akinde will go out on loan again to set Clarkson, Haynes and Maynard as our three main strikers.

Bloody good on football manager too! :winner_third_h4h:

If Gary really does want 2 more stikers that's a certainty. I'm sure he'll want 2 on the bench with 7 subs.

Looks like a good signing and good to see another young pacy player signing. For me we haven't addressed the (left) wing problem as well as getting another decent centre back- hopefully GJ has those in mind.

Doesn't look like we will be signing a target man which might be a good thing as we could use Akinde for that if we have to play long ball etc.

Doesn't look like we will be signing a target man which might be a good thing as we could use Akinde for that if we have to play long ball etc.

I actually got quite the opposite impression from that Johnson interview, infact from what he said I'm convinced we'll sign a 'target man.'

I actually got quite the opposite impression from that Johnson interview, infact from what he said I'm convinced we'll sign a 'target man.'

so did i, for sure. but i am becoming more and more convinced that he intends to play alot of 4.3.3 this season. hence the players we are signing. sproule, maynard, haynes and clarkson would seem well suited to this and they will be permetated and will all play their part.

Haha listen to some of you making comments on players you never seen, only judging him by what some pig farmer from Ipswich said.

Cast your little minds back to when we signed a failed Elliot from Milwall, just look at what GJ and our coaches did with him.

If GJ is in for him then he's seen something special.

What did he see in Styvar then?

Whilst I know GJ can make great decisions he is just as prone to some bad ones. I mean he still has sproule who imo is a waste as all that speed may be great but no end product = waste. Hayes is sounding similar but being that I haven't seen him play for us I'll wait and see what happens. IMO this is a very 50/50 signing.

I used to really like Danny Haynes when him and Clark came onto the scene I thought he could develop into a decent premeriship striker.

Does not seem that he progressed that much since then but I would still like to see him here.

Why is my mind drawn to Football Manager...

Hmm, thought I saw him at edgar street tonight in training gear but I must have confused him with one of the other players. Funny thing is though that why would sky say the deal is done at 3 ish and then city say it was done at 6:15? Must've been personal terms or something?

and how could GJ, complete the deal at 6.15, do the interview, and get to Hereford for 7pm .......

a man of many talents our GJ

:tumbleweed:

Whilst I know GJ can make great decisions he is just as prone to some bad ones. I mean he still has sproule who imo is a waste as all that speed may be great but no end product = waste. Hayes is sounding similar but being that I haven't seen him play for us I'll wait and see what happens. IMO this is a very 50/50 signing.

Now that is purely opinion, hence why you felt the need for the 'imo'. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think that Sproule was if anything underused last season and, in general, was an asset to our team. It's just an opinion, but you did lump it in with the 'bad ones' and I'm not sure on what grounds you can say that for sure.

Archived