IGNORED

Danny Haynes Has Signed For City

SnozRobin

There's no doubt about it, the deal is done. It was all sorted before lunchtime, he just had to pass a medical.

We will get an announcement sometime this evening, unless for some reason GJ wants to hide his line-ups again at Hereford! (joke).

The agent has blabbed to Sky.

Guest RobbieTurner
don't forget i think it was Riaz said Hartley had signed yet it took 5 hours to appear on the official site so they must have been told this has gone through

Nope that was me. I'm sure its gone through, and as the other guys said, the mouthy agent has let the cat out of the bag.

Shame theses agents aren't as forthcoming when they try and almost blackmail clubs into payments in order for players to sign isn't it.... :whistle2:

He must of signed, they wouldnt say it on sky. :closedeyes:

BCFC always take a while to up date the web site. :tumbleweed:

Another Quick player with what GJ says something to prove and hughe potential. :fingerscrossed:

Welcome to the club Danny. :flowers:

Hope we sign Van from Celtic or Beckford from leeds to complete the sqaud. :yahoo:

Guest howred
They'll have a number for his agent. I suspect the media team are knocking off a quick interview before he gets on the coach for Hereford and we'll get an SMS any time soon.

how do i sign up for city sms alerts please chaps?

Guest Eamer
Hope we sign Van from Celtic or Beckford from leeds to complete the sqaud. :yahoo:

I think we're done signing Strikers now.

Akinde, Maynard, Haynes, Clarkson, Trundle, Plummer, Jackson

Do we need anymore?

Nope that was me. I'm sure its gone through, and as the other guys said, the mouthy agent has let the cat out of the bag.

Shame theses agents aren't as forthcoming when they try and almost blackmail clubs into payments in order for players to sign isn't it.... :whistle2:

Sorry for taking the credit away from you!!!!

Do we need anymore?

Haynes might be signed as a right-winger of course, who can also play up front to replace Maynard when he's not firing.

GJ did say when he signed Clarkson that he might be in the market for another 1 or 2 strikers.

Do we need anymore?

I would be surprised if there is not 1 more. Johnson stated in the Clarkson interview that he wanted 1 or 2 more and I expect Haynes to be the or 2 on the basis he plays on the wing as well.

I'd guess there will be a replacement for Dele to come.

Guest RobbieTurner
Sorry for taking the credit away from you!!!!

don't be daft mate. Was more interested cause I'd been told, in just making sure everyone else knew.

Guest RobbieTurner

Do we need anymore?

Well we know GJ said last year after signing Akinde that he wanted 6 strikers and that was his sixth. I'm not sure where he's planning to play Haynes - but can we really expect Trundle , Jackson and Plummer to be pushing for places ?

Apparently Haynes was close to signing for Arsenal less than a year ago for £3million so this could be a great move potentially.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...es-hots-up.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ars...15875-20696939/

Nice find.

So is that really the striker problem solved?

By the looks of things we are going 433 according to http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1721220,00.html the line up suggests this.

Not disappointed we haven't signed a 'lump up front', it was never how we prefer to play we should leave hoof ball to experts Watford.

I think even a 4132 would work, forget the wingers altogether and get width from the fullbacks. That way we can still play 2 strikers up front and have Elliot, Johnson, Skuse and HArtley in the starting 11. Job done.

Still no offical word from the club? maybe he hasent signed? :disapointed2se: if not

When we signed Hartley they put up the fact we had a trialist on trial first then 15 minutes later that we signed Hartley so maybe the same order today!!!

I'll be honest, before today I've never heard of this Haynes bloke, but after reading all of the info on here and BBC website, I feel pretty clued up on his type of player.

But why do we need to sign this type of player - surely our academy should be producing lads like this? I would prefer to see Plummer (or even JMW back when he was still here) get a sniff of first team action this season, rather than spending cash on players like Haynes. Geez, when the hell are our younger players going to be involved?

I'll be honest, before today I've never heard of this Haynes bloke, but after reading all of the info on here and BBC website, I feel pretty clued up on his type of player.

But why do we need to sign this type of player - surely our academy should be producing lads like this? I would prefer to see Plummer (or even JMW back when he was still here) get a sniff of first team action this season, rather than spending cash on players like Haynes. Geez, when the hell are our younger players going to be involved?

Well the obvious answer to that is that even though Haynes is only 21 he is already proven at this level!

Guest RobbieTurner
I think he will have signed. Sky seem pretty confident about the story.

He has signed. Just had a text, all the way from Thailand confirming it ....!!

Cant see why we need this signing, cant see why we would want him? Before people start on about how GJ managed to bring in Elliot, all i can say to that is that do people really think GJ can do a Marv with every signing? This must be a kick in the teeth for our youngsters i feel. I thought GJ and SL were ambitious? Where is all the quality proven signings? Hartley will bring a little bit of experience but apart from him noone is proven at this level, hardly gets me excited tbh

Archived