IGNORED

Lewin Nyatanga

Zider_I_Up_Landlord

Absolutely. Which means that my concern about partnering him with another young lad this season is perfectly valid.

I think its a valid concern, but then again both players have at least two seasons experience in this division. It would not be ideal for them to play together, but If we were forced to, due to injuries/suspensions, I think they'd be okay.

Wikipedia is a publically edited encyclopedia.

I hardly think that the deal makers or those in the know rushed off to edit his page accordingly, therefore it is virtually meaningless when it comes to reliability.

I passed my a-level history coursework based on wikipedia :bruce_h4h:

Lewin Nyatanga would be a great buy, IMO a similar player to Fonts in the way he's developed as a younger player,

Fonts has developed a great footballing brain and put it into practice over the last two years. He is a technically gifted defender and Luois Carey's influence will have rubbed off some leadership qualities when given the opportunity, McCoombe is not fantastic as a captain & defender in the same match, but Fontaine will have learnt from his experience too. I know we've brought Gerken in but how long does Basso have left? 2 Seasons? 3? and that's if he stays with us, Some of the strongest teams were lead by the goalkeeper.

And that's one thing i've noticed, Basso plays better with fontaine, they have mutual trust in each others ability, frequently Basso will expect Carey to deal with something that he should really take control of, the same with McCoombe.

Just thinking about this one. Maybe there has been interest in fonts?? and Nyatanga is a replacement IF he does go??

:tumbleweed:

no! boo I hope you're wrong, but can see the attraction, a decent player with a bright futurewho's come along way as he progressed from Fulham's Reserves (possibly) to league 1 then up to the Champo

The BBC site is normally very reliable so I think it's safe to say he is at least down here fr talks. Could he be unveiled today and play tomorrow? Edson, yessir, Anyone???

The BBC site is normally very reliable so I think it's safe to say he is at least down here fr talks. Could he be unveiled today and play tomorrow? Edson, yessir, Anyone???

Think the last few days Robbie turner has been the man for the info!!!

Gerken 24

Clarkson 23

Haynes 21

Blackman 18

Nyatanga 21?

Extremely refreshing to see young talent coming in, although we have the experience also with the likes of Carey and Hartley.

Exciting times ahead :fingerscrossed:

But what if a prem team comes in and offers 5m?, for example?

he'll be gone then riaz. but that wont happen. not unless he improves again this season.

i know cardiff got that for roger johnson but i don't think fonts is quite as good as johnson yet.

he'll be gone then riaz. but that wont happen. not unless he improves again this season.

i know cardiff got that for roger johnson but i don't think fonts is quite as good as johnson yet.

I don't think we would get 5m, but I get the feeling there has been some interest, because fonts and nyatanga are similar players.

But what if a prem team comes in and offers 5m?, for example?

Well if its Man City say make it 10m and u can have him. But on a serous note if GJ and SL realy want to take City to the top then we cant go selling our top star players can we or we will never make it to the prem. I mean with all Lansdown money whats 5m :innocent06:

I'm very pleased to see us being linked with another young talented player. GJ and his team have obviously done a lot of preparation for this summer.

Glad GJ's preparing properly this year after last season's shambolic preparations. Admittedly that Egyptian through a major spanner into the works, but we just didn't seem properly prepared.

Glad GJ's preparing properly this year after last season's shambolic preparations. Admittedly that Egyptian through a major spanner into the works, but we just didn't seem properly prepared.

It shows how two faced you have to be in football. All the time Johnson was speaking about being "loyal to the lads who got us here" him and the scouting staff were obviously turning up every stone to find the lads we are currently bringing in - Hartley excepted, none of them are household names and it would have taken a lot of work to get them on board I imagine. These transfers show why Johnson doesn't like the transfer window - you don't get enough time to dig out the players you want and can end up panic-buying players who turn out to be useless to the club (no Slovakian names mentioned!!).

I think this spells the end for Artus. We have Skuse, Johnson, Elliot, Williams, Hartley and possibly Eremenko all fighting for 2 or possibly 3 places. At left back where Artus can play we have got Mcallister, Blackman and now possibly Nyatanga as well as Fonts and Brian Wilson who can both play LB.

He will probably go to somewhere like Yeovil or Cheltenham where he can do a job.

I think this spells the end for Artus. We have Skuse, Johnson, Elliot, Williams, Hartley and possibly Eremenko all fighting for 2 or possibly 3 places. At left back where Artus can play we have got Mcallister, Blackman and now possibly Nyatanga as well as Fonts and Brian Wilson who can both play LB.

He will probably go to somewhere like Yeovil or Cheltenham where he can do a job.

Did Frankie sign his new contract?

I know he's an international but do we need another defender? I was hoping Wilson and Ribs got their chance this season...

We ran out of centre backs last season and ended up with both Brad and Cole playing there. With injuries and suspensions we need another. And with 7 subs James and Chris will get a chance in the squad (the latter is a right back anyway).

Well most of them seem to acknowledge he has raw talent, but it seems a nonsense he's being blamed for them leaking goals personally, hes only 20 and cant be expected to do everything.

So what if hes a lightweight, thats about the easiest thing to correct. When i was 20 i was a skinny 9 stone beanpole, now a few years on I'm 15.5 stone and hard as nails. :bruce_h4h:

Seems like a scape goat for some poor management and tactics imo, I think a new start at AG would be perfect for him.

Archived