IGNORED

Club Accept Bid For Mcindoe

JMBCFC

So do you believe MM was going inside when ordered to stay on the wings?

Because if that's the case why was he regulary selected?

Much more effective! I assume you mean the new signings?

It's imaterial whether he was told to or not, we have an abundance of quality central midfielders, and if we are playing narrow we dont need MM. GJ plays narrow. we dont need MM. Harltey, Elliot, Skuse, LJ, Williams and Artus are all going to be better central midfielders than he was. I'm ahppy with this sale.

What new signings? im confused what point you are making there?

The problem is that we dont really have any. Im very happy with our central midfielders but we are majorly lacking in the wide areas. I can see a lot of teams sitting back against us this season and us having no plan B to break them down.

well said :winner_third_h4h:

this is one hell of a statement to make?? based on what exactly?

Basing us not missing him on our manager (Highly qualified, Highly rated and who rarely makes mistakes) Not wanting him in the team. If GJ thought he had value to the side, he wouldn't be selling him/trying to sell him at every opportunity.

pretty simple really. If the manager doesnt want him, he cant really be offering much, and we must have other players who offer more. I am in agreement there.

Never said i wanted him back, just got bored and fancied sticking up for him :) decent pro anyway :innocent06:

On a side note. Why is everyone getting wound up about losing a player who WAS NEVER IN THE MANAGERS PLANS THIS SEASON? GJ knows best, and this decision won't have been taken lightly.

we dont need a wide man who doesn't play wide... we have central midfielders who can do that much mroe effectively. cheerio orange boots.

Oh wake up GJ dosn`t always know best :disapointed2se: he makes mistakes like everybody else; Basso, McIndoe and Adebola will all be missed and all are very well competent at this level.

I hope the newbies are half as good; we are in for a hard season.

Oh wake up GJ dosn`t always know best :disapointed2se: he makes mistakes like everybody else; Basso, McIndoe and Adebola will all be missed and all are very well competent at this level.

Are you joking? Basso was out of GJ's hands as I expect Mcindoe might be.

Would you have signed up Adebola for 2 years knowing he would be 36 in the second season? No chance for me.

GJ got it spot on with all 3 cases IMO.

It's imaterial whether he was told to or not, we have an abundance of quality central midfielders, and if we are playing narrow we dont need MM. GJ plays narrow. we dont need MM. Harltey, Elliot, Skuse, LJ, Williams and Artus are all going to be better central midfielders than he was. I'm ahppy with this sale.

As someone else quite rightly pointed out, im worried about the fact that we dont have any real wide players at all now.

You say we have "one of the best midfields" in the division, im not so sure. We have a good midfield, dont get me wrong, Im happy with it, but sometimes you need width to open teams up a bit, we played some of our best football last year when our wingers were....well, kept on the wing.

I went down to the Wycombe game today, and where as I dont read to much into friendlies...it was terrible. It was to narrow, and we really struggled at times I thought. It was dull and predictable. Like I said though, its just a friendly, and I reserve judgememtn until were about 6/8 games in.....but I really dont feel like we have a squad of players here that are going to take us any further then the squad did last year. I really hope im wrong.

Keep that red flag flying eh? :tumbleweed:

Typical City, pick up on any negative they can find and not see that we've made big strides this off season. the football we will watch this season will be of a much higher standard without the players you mentioned(maybe not Basso) than with them in the side.

our signings are ALL exciting.

I cannot wait for the season to get going!

Are you joking? Basso was out of GJ's hands as I expect Mcindoe might be.

Would you have signed up Adebola for 2 years knowing he would be 36 in the second season? No chance for me.

I agree with letting Adebola go...but he has not been replaced. He has to be repalced...we looked far to lightweight up top today, Maynard and Haynes were average at best. Clarkson looks a v good signing in my eyes though

Hartley and Blackman, yet to be seen whether they'll be more productive, now remind us how many goal/assist did LJ, Elliot, Skuse and Williams contribute? considering they're better than Mcindoe who constantly tucked in last season.

So Basically 1 quality player in ( Hartley ) and a youngster from Pompey ( Blackman. who fingers crossed will come good ) takes us from having one of the least creative midfields last season to the best this season!

Yeah right. :doh:

Are you joking? Basso was out of GJ's hands as I expect Mcindoe might be. We dont know the facts

Would you have signed up Adebola for 2 years knowing he would be 36 in the second season? No chance for me. Florist thought otherwise time and end of the season will tell

GJ is human and makes mistakes as we all do, thats all; believe me I hope hes got it right cause we must be still in this div next season. :fingerscrossed:

Typical City, pick up on any negative they can find and not see that we've made big strides this off season. the football we will watch this season will be of a much higher standard without the players you mentioned(maybe not Basso) than with them in the side.

:disapointed2se: Youngsters, Its called having an opinion of your own, and time will tell how big the strides are.

Ah you have a habit of trying to shoot people down if they do not agree with your opinion on certain things, they either have a lack of knowledge when it comes to football or they are negative.

Personally, I dont think the strides we have made have been that big. We have signed some good players yeah, but certainly not players who are going to kick this squad on dramatically. We came 10th last year, for me....to move on...we should be sniffing round the play-offs. Now if our midfield is "one of the best in the division" as you put it, we should be. Time will tell

As soon as the squad numbers came out and he was some obscure number i knew he would be off. It seems Mr Mcindoe cannont help himself and HAS to move on after a couple of years at a club.

I personally am with Tanzley on this one and cannont stand the bloke, a complete pre madona who seems to think he is Gods gift. Hopefully we get a left hand side midfielder in to replace him beacuse at this present time we have only one out an out winger in Sproule (if he is all we have than i am concerned).

Hartley and Blackman, yet to be seen whether they'll be more productive, now remind us how many goal/assist did LJ, Elliot, Skuse and Williams contribute? considering they're better than Mcindoe who constantly tucked in last season.

So Basically 1 quality player in ( Hartley ) and a youngster from Pompey ( Blackman. who fingers crossed will come good ) takes us from having one of the least creative midfields last season to the best this season!

Yeah right. :doh:

Living in the past.

This season we will have two willing runners up front, and a third striker who is willing to come deep to get the ball, and try make things happen. last season we had two lumps, and one willing runner.

this season we have an experienced CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYER, pulling the strings... i can't help but feel confident that the two willing runners will therefore recieve one or two quality through balls a game... up to them to finish them.

the formation we will be playing this season doesn't need mcindoe. we dont need him.

:disapointed2se: Youngsters, Its called having an opinion of your own, and time will tell how big the strides are.

Agreed. In my opinion, we're building a new side here, but I'm very concerned about the loss of Basso and lack of replacement for Adebola, considering our tendency to hoof it. I worry today we lacked presence up top, as much as I like Maynard and Haynes as players. Clarkson shouldn't be in the hole, he looked lost there- why can't we sign a player and play him in his proper position? He was in the penalty box once, and scored. That's where he needs to be playing.

I really cannot predict the way things are going to go this season, I think the new players will need time to bed in - hopefully we will play better football and push towards the top 8 or so, but it could equally go horribly wrong and we could be in a real scrap at the bottom.

Tanzley, its your opinion, and I tend to agree that I'm not too disappointed to see McIndoe move on, but I'm unsure why you seem so sure we have one of the best midfields in the division. We've signed ONE midfielder (Hartley), who I like a lot, but what about the rest? I'm not so sure, Elliot aside. I'm confused as to why you feel we've gone from a team on the slide at the back end of last season to one who's going to storm it and make top 6. There's nothing I can see that suggests that, so far.

But, we live in hope and personally I'd be happy with better football and a cup run. :fingerscrossed:

As soon as the squad numbers came out and he was some obscure number i knew he would be off. It seems Mr Mcindoe cannont help himself and HAS to move on after a couple of years at a club.

I personally am with Tanzley on this one and cannont stand the bloke, a complete pre madona who seems to think he is Gods gift. Hopefully we get a left hand side midfielder in to replace him beacuse at this present time we have only one out an out winger in Sproule (if he is all we have than i am concerned).

but didnt we accept a bid....its not like he asked to leave?

At the end of the day, people say they dont like him and he is a pre-madonna....yet none of you have ever met the bloke?? wow, he drives a flash car...so bloody what, fair play to him. Its not his fault footballers are well over-paid.

Facts and stats do not lie...and the facts and stats state, that whatever you think of him, he has been our most creative and our highest goal scoring midfielder since we came up to this league. We are losing him...and not replacing him, this in my opinion...it a massive, massive mistake

Ah you have a habit of trying to shoot people down if they do not agree with your opinion on certain things, they either have a lack of knowledge when it comes to football or they are negative.

Personally, I dont think the strides we have made have been that big. We have signed some good players yeah, but certainly not players who are going to kick this squad on dramatically. We came 10th last year, for me....to move on...we should be sniffing round the play-offs. Now if our midfield is "one of the best in the division" as you put it, we should be. Time will tell

Habit? Meh, I did in the Stern John thread admittedly get very riled. my posts where pretty silly in retrospect, and i think a large part of it was fishing( I've been locked away with swine flu this week... gotta find something more interesting than movies and football manager haven't i? :innocent06: )

and it was quite negative. nothing wrong with that, but i think this club as a whole is still rather negative in its support.

Well, it totally depends on your view on our football last season as to how big the strides are. Obviously the most blatent way of measuring progress is league position, But if this season we again finish 10th, but play high quality attractive football(which i feel is likely with the formation, and players we currently have) I would say that is progress. you may not, thats entirely your perspective, and not something i would ever wish to change.

Robbored puts it much better than me, But i would happily stay in this division for a few more years while our football progresses to an attractive and attacking style, which really wasnt the case last year.

And I cant really think of a better midfield, we have the energetic engine, and Premier League touted Elliot, and an experienced CHAMPIONS LEAGUE midfielder, who has stood out in Celtic teams recently. Maybe Barton and Nolan might just nick, if they stay...

but didnt we accept a bid....its not like he asked to leave?

At the end of the day, people say they dont like him and he is a pre-madonna....yet none of you have ever met the bloke?? wow, he drives a flash car...so bloody what, fair play to him. Its not his fault footballers are well over-paid.

Facts and stats do not lie...and the facts and stats state, that whatever you think of him, he has been our most creative and our highest goal scoring midfielder since we came up to this league. We are losing him...and not replacing him, this in my opinion...it a massive, massive mistake

Come on, if Mcindoe wanted to stay he would. I dont believe for one minute the offer we recieved was so good he has been forced out. Its not some sort of coincidencehe has not stayed anywere longer than 3 years. He is a journyman, period.

I tottaly agree thou that we have to replace him (and if we dont i will be very concerned) as much as i dont like him the facts dont lie, he has been a good player for us and has scored/asissted in some very important games.

If we're letting McIndoe go we HAVE to have a left sided player coming in as a replacement. This 352 and 433 malarky is all well and good for arsing around pre-season but realistically we'll need to have a solid 442 and without a left sided player we don't. And for the odd one or two who are slagging McIndoe off, go find a left midfielder/winger who has been more productive in terms of goals and assists at this level in the last few years that we could sign. Honestly some people must really be suffering from memory loss if they can't remember what the left side was like before McIndoe, criticising his performances given the shambles we saw across the rest of the midfield last season really is beyond stupid.

Archived