IGNORED

Club Accept Bid For Mcindoe

JMBCFC

:D

GJ knows best. and i think he got this one right.

cheerio, and close the door behind please. thanks.

GJ knows best my arse.He has failed to replace Adebola and now has got rid of a quality Championship player who never gave anything less than 100%.A week before the start of the season and we are weakening the team instead of strenghtening.There is no sense to this at all Mr Johnson , you have screwed up.

Don't think it's the best bit of business GJ has ever done t be honest, MM always had a decent goal return and a good assist record, but for whatever reason GJ seems to have a severe problem with width and likes a narrow, compact side. Which is fair enough but to do this and actually be successful rather than just difficult to beat you need some very good players to execute it, and i'm not sure we have those players.

We have no wing backs,

Mcallister is too poor a defender and all that will happen is it will pull the back 3 out of shape when he is skinned time and time again, it is either going to take an entire season of Nyatanga / Fonts covering him constantly and having to play exceptionally well to do it, if matt Hill had even slightly less ability than he did we would have got battered all day when we used to play 3-5-2 under willson, unless yo have wingbacks that can defend teams with decent wingers will pull your defence all over the place.

Orr is almost the exact opposite, top quality defender but inconsistant at best and just dismal at worst going forward.

Our midfield isn't particularly suited to a narrow game either Lj is a complete waste of time in a narrow formation, his speed of thought is just far too slow, if you are going to get anywhere with a narrow formation you have to move the ball around exceptionally quickly as rather than using space to pull opposition defence's apart you use speed of movement and moving the ball. LJ has many uses but when speed of play is one of the most important aspects a player who slows everything down and keeps the ball often harmlessly moving around you may as well be making some pasta out on the pitch for all the use that is, his assists from last season when we sere way too narrow is a testament to this, 2 from a creative midfielder is shocking, but that's because he's not suited to a narrow side, he's far better with width when he can spray a 40 yard ball out to a wide man, Lj looks most effective in a 4-3-3 when you have the enforced width of playing 2 classic wing forwards. Hartley again looks like a player more suited to this style of play, but being from a higher standard, his speed of thought and ability to move the ball quickly should be up there. The only part of the side where i think this formation is suited to is up front as if you are going to play narrow then the speed of Haynes, Maynard and Clarksons undoubted ability are prefectly suited to a fast paced game.

If Gj can get the players we have to work well in this formation he could very well be on to a winner, we porbably have the fitness to do it, but for this formation to work we will need to be playing a premiershp pace for 90 mins, weather we have the ability to do this is a different matter.

If we are going to play this formation then a midfield 3 of Elliot/Skuse hartley/Williams and clarkson are going t have to work exceptionally well together, and Mcallister will have to vastly improve his defending, and Orr will have to improve his distribution as you can't afford to be giving the ball away when you a pushing out fast as a 3-5-2 is vulnerable to the counter attack.

There is a reason no-one uses this formation anymore as in incredibly difficult to execute without just ending up extreemly flimsy at the back.

If GJ can make it work then it could be absolutely devestating, but if it doesn't it could be disasterous.

I'm not so sure about this "GJ always knows best".

He's done terrific things for us I agree but his judgement on players has been shown to questionable.

In the last week he has said Lee Trundle needs to look elsewhere for first team football. Well wasn't it only 2 years ago Johnson paid out 1million quid for this same player?

It was Johnson that got rid of Carle, who was far and away a better player than his son.

And now he seems intent on getting rid of a class championship standard left winger, which are few and far between on the market.

I think Johnson has done a great job for us but his history on some players, particularly attacking ones, is far from perfect.

Lets be fair Mcindoe is a journey man.

Hes a player who is obviously in it for the money and not overly fussed who hes playing for. Always on the move looking to get signing on fees.

Id personally say he lacks ambition, good player yes but if he stayed at a club for a bit longer he is much more likely to get Premier League football I feel. I think joining us in the first place was an unambitious move for him leaving a club like Wolves who were an established championship team with a good chance of winning promotion for a newly promoted team did seem a strange one.

Would say moving to Coventry is purely for money reasons as id say we are a much better team.

It's all very well getting rid of Mcindoe if he has someone lined up to replace him, but, unless it's for someone like Commons then I don't see the point at all.

Decent left midfielders are hard to get hold of, who was the last one we had before Mcindoe?

I thought the whole point was to strengthen the side not weaken it, for that we should have kept Mcindoe and replaced him someone better, we are selling our only option of reverting back to 4 4 2 if the experiment of wingbacks goes horribly wrong.

Slagging off?

I said one minute he is committed to us as in he is our player. The next Sheff Utd table a bid and he's off. Then he states on the website he is happy to be staying but can this really be true when another offer has come soon after he states this?

I'm not slagging the guy off, just saying things are a bit all over the place at the moment. My point is that once the matter is resolved it will be resolved for the better of both parties.

OK, slagging off is a bit OTT, but saying that you're still insinuating it's down to MM's lack of comitment to the club!

What makes you think when he stated he was happyy to be here he wasn't being honest ? when it was the club who accepted a bid for MM before he even knew anything about it! would you stay in a job when your boss makes it perfectly clear you're not wanted?

Lets be fair Mcindoe is a journey man.

Hes a player who is obviously in it for the money and not overly fussed who hes playing for. Always on the move looking to get signing on fees. So GJ was lying when he stated the club accepted a bid from SUFC before MM knew about it?

Id personally say he lacks ambition, good player yes but if he stayed at a club for a bit longer he is much more likely to get Premier League football I feel. I think joining us in the first place was an unambitious move for him leaving a club like Wolves who were an established championship team with a good chance of winning promotion for a newly promoted team did seem a strange one. Sorry, but that's just rubbish.

Would say moving to Coventry is purely for money reasons as id say we are a much better team.

So are you saying MM was looking for a move? I think not, Obviously GJ feels he isn't needed this season, I just pray come january we are not scrabbling around looking for a quality left midfielder, and paying over the odds, all becuase we dropped the egg basket.

So are you saying MM was looking for a move? I think not, Obviously GJ feels he isn't needed this season, I just pray come january we are not scrabbling around looking for a quality left midfielder, and paying over the odds, all becuase we dropped the egg basket.

I think so yes, I see no other reason why GJ would get rid of a player who has been a first team regular for the past 2 seasons.

Of course MM is in it for the money, just as every professional sportsman is. It is their job just as it is for us when we go to the factory/office/shop to work. We are in that for the money too.

The point is MM is an average Championship player who is not getting nay better and who does not fit into the manager's plans.

He cannot get past quick defenders (and there are more of them in our division) and his decision-making is poor. ie, he shoots when he should cross, crosses when he should pass, comes inside when he should stay wide.

I do wonder who will fill the left wing back position long term or if McAllister is out, perhaps GJ has seen something in Blackman. Anybody else (Fontaine, Wilson) would be short term.

I also wonder what will happen if the new system does not work and we have to revert to 4-4-2. Who plays wide left then?

Of course MM is in it for the money, just as every professional sportsman is. It is their job just as it is for us when we go to the factory/office/shop to work. We are in that for the money too.

The point is MM is an average Championship player who is not getting nay better and who does not fit into the manager's plans.

He cannot get past quick defenders (and there are more of them in our division) and his decision-making is poor. ie, he shoots when he should cross, crosses when he should pass, comes inside when he should stay wide.

I do wonder who will fill the left wing back position long term or if McAllister is out, perhaps GJ has seen something in Blackman. Anybody else (Fontaine, Wilson) would be short term.

I also wonder what will happen if the new system does not work and we have to revert to 4-4-2. Who plays wide left then?

If MM is an average player then what does that make some of the rest of the squad - Lee Johnson/Wilson/McCombe/Akinde/Sproule/etc etc.

If MM is an average player then what does that make some of the rest of the squad - Lee Johnson/Wilson/McCombe/Akinde/Sproule/etc etc.

Average players too...and we are an average Championship Club. Nothing wrong with that either, a great improvement on where we were three years ago.

The point is, it does not take much tweaking to turn an an average squad into a good one. Three or four good players bring the best out of the average ones. It is the same at most mid-table Premier League clubs too, just up another level.

Let's hope that the players GJ is bringing in - Clarkson, Hartley, possibly Haynes - plus the progress of Elliott and Maynard (who should not be under estimated) allied to a couple more signings will turn us into a club capable of challenging for promotion.

And if not, just enjoy the season. We are seeing some of the best football seen at Ashton Gate in 20 years. : :fingerscrossed:

Average players too...and we are an average Championship Club. Nothing wrong with that either, a great improvement on where we were three years ago.

The point is, it does not take much tweaking to turn an an average squad into a good one. Three or four good players bring the best out of the average ones. It is the same at most mid-table Premier League clubs too, just up another level.

Let's hope that the players GJ is bringing in - Clarkson, Hartley, possibly Haynes - plus the progress of Elliott and Maynard (who should not be under estimated) allied to a couple more signings will turn us into a club capable of challenging for promotion.

And if not, just enjoy the season. We are seeing some of the best football seen at Ashton Gate in 20 years. : :fingerscrossed:

Absolutely, The squad of 76 that propelled us into the old 1st division had loads of 'average' players. But the important thing was our then manager and coaches welded them into a very good and efficient team and one of the main cornerstones of that team was the dressing room was as one.

GJ knows best my arse.He has failed to replace Adebola and now has got rid of a quality Championship player who never gave anything less than 100%.A week before the start of the season and we are weakening the team instead of strenghtening.There is no sense to this at all Mr Johnson , you have screwed up.

He wants to go you doughnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wants to go you doughnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is the case then that changes everything.

From everything I had heard from the club, Johnson himself saying that it was the club which accepted an offer rather than MM requesting a move, added to McIndoe stating he was happy here, I very much got the impression that the club were looking to offload a player that they deemed surplus to requirements.

Cleary if that isnt the case and he wanst to leave, then all the best Michael, let's get the best fee possible.

OK, slagging off is a bit OTT, but saying that you're still insinuating it's down to MM's lack of comitment to the club!

What makes you think when he stated he was happyy to be here he wasn't being honest ? when it was the club who accepted a bid for MM before he even knew anything about it! would you stay in a job when your boss makes it perfectly clear you're not wanted?

I don't think he could have been that happy to stay here if the move to Sheff Utd was virtually done apart from personal terms at the last minute. Now a second bid has come in, relatively soon after he has stated he is happy to stay here. If he was happy to stay here surely the club would have turned the bid down etc but I can see your point in that the club may be trying to move him on rather than by his own personal request (a la monsieur basso)

I just think the club's time with McIndoe has come to a natural end. Somewhere along the line we seem to have fallen out of love, and him with us. It happens. I wish him well in whatever he continues to be searching for, but it's clearly not with us.

I suppose he has been cleverer than Basso by stating he is happy here, escaping the backlash. McIndoe has made sure he has his cake and eaten it as people say.

Players and managers come and go, that's football. It's really only us fans that are consistent feature of the club. And even we chose, or are forced, to take time away sometime.

If that is the case then that changes everything.

From everything I had heard from the club, Johnson himself saying that it was the club which accepted an offer rather than MM requesting a move, added to McIndoe stating he was happy here, I very much got the impression that the club were looking to offload a player that they deemed surplus to requirements.

Cleary if that isnt the case and he wanst to leave, then all the best Michael, let's get the best fee possible.

Of course the club and GJ and MM themsleves won't say 'MM wants to go'. How bad would that look if MM didn't leave.

My guess is MM doesn't see himself fit into our new tactics for next season and fell out that way. Sproule will play up front more this season me thinks as we'll be mainly using wing-backs, not wingers.

The club spoke out after the Sheff Utd collapse to try and ease the impact that some fans may have on MM if he stayed, as some may think '**** him he wanted to leave' etc... like with Basso.

So don't be naive with what is said, MM will move again then again into L1 if Coventry don't go down this year with that donkey of a Welshman in charge.

Archived