IGNORED

Preston Match Thread

Nogbad the Bad

Rare it is for me to criticise GJ but i often wonder why he throws caution to the wind with a 2 goal advantage and makes wholesale changes... it unsettles the team and for what reason... frankly i think he got it badly wrong today and that is very unusual coming from me.

we gifted them the point.

Eaxactly My point to the wife, We are 2-0 up and Johnson takes of Hartley and Clarkson,, I said what the ****s he doing, and look what happens,

Great result I suppose but in the end 2 points chucked away, When will Johnson learn... :disapointed2se:

Yes we threw it away, but draw ain't that bad. On a more positive point, the gas lost!

Well... YES IT IS THAT BAD!! The reason we had no chance of promotion last year is because we kept giving away stupid goals at the end of the game to get draws. Draws was all we had last season, how many was it? 19 or so. I might as well sell my season card if it is going to be like this...AGAIN! Plus, i don't know why Johnson even thinks about having Sproule in the team, he is a league 1 / 2 player, nowhere near Bristol City standards. In my opinion we should have sold him or told him he could leave instead of getting rid of McIndoe.

For god sake City, please not another season of draws.

feels like a defeat like the 2-2 against QPR opening day did a couple of years ago

I guess if you look at it like that at least we can take heart that we made the playoff final that year!

Gutted beyond gutted. Getting a pen in the 5 minute of 4 minutes of stoppage time is a massive left off for them, but at least we pushed one of last year's playoff contenders very hard and sounds as if Deano and the other new boys played their hearts out.

Just have to beat them at home to get our revenge!

My nerves are shot, I'm mentally exhausted but bring on Tuesday night!

Rare it is for me to criticise GJ but i often wonder why he throws caution to the wind with a 2 goal advantage and makes wholesale changes... it unsettles the team and for what reason... frankly i think he got it badly wrong today and that is very unusual coming from me.

we gifted them the point.

Im absolutely fuming at the ref but this is a good point. Not at the game but im assuming taking Hartley off was just tactical, too early to take off a player who has great ball retention and passing.

i may be on my own but it's still a good point yes all 3 would of been nice but it wasn't to be
It was meant to be but the ref had other ideas. We all spend huge amounts of money following are team and refs like him interfere with the natural flow of the game and get away with it time after time.

We cant moan about the exta 30 seconds the ref added on it worked in our favour 2 seasons ago when we played palace at home.

I was thinking with 15 mins left and 2 nill up johnson would have thrown on mccombe to handle their 2 big lumps and gone 4 5 1.

Never mind i would have settled for this at the start of the day.

Welcome back to the Bristol City rollercoaster

We cant moan about the exta 30 seconds the ref added on it worked in our favour 2 seasons ago when we played palace at home.

I was thinking with 15 mins left and 2 nill up johnson would have thrown on mccombe to handle their 2 big lumps and gone 4 5 1.

Never mind i would have settled for this at the start of the day.

Welcome back to the Bristol City rollercoaster

And I would have thought that with 15mins left and apparently well in control, judging by the commentary, that GJ would have left the line up as it was through to full time.

Seems like 2 points surrendered by making substitutions that were not necessary.

It was clear today Ivan is no Championship player, We also need a target man so in times like today we can lump the ball up to him for him to hold it up. Johnson also needs to sort out his substitutions, I think GJ was unfortunately the real reason why we failed to win today.

Three points that really should be answered

1. Where the heck did the 4mins extra time come from

2.Why were Preston allowed advantage after a error by the ref (getting is fat arse in the way of a clearance)

3.Allowing a penalty when the game should have finished over 30 secs before the alleged foul

The ref cheat or clown.... beats me

In the cold light of day we got a result that 99.9% of us would have taken today at 2:59pm. Whilst the circumstances of the draw are disappointing just remember this game when we get a dodgy decision go our way and win us three points.

Excellent attitude and very true.

Said 2-2 yesterday night and satisfied with the result, if not the circumstances.

An improvement in performance and result on last season; let's hope we can beat Palace next week and get a decent result win on Tuesday too, then everything will look a bit brighter.

Excellent attitude and very true.

Said 2-2 yesterday night and satisfied with the result, if not the circumstances.

An improvement in performance and result on last season; let's hope we can beat Palace next week and get a decent result win on Tuesday too, then everything will look a bit brighter.

Agreed. Agonising circumstances but we went to Deepdale and Preston were very fortunate with the ref's decisions at the end of the game.

I hope Tuesday goes well and the international absentees don't have a significant impact.

5 minutes into 4 minutes of stoppage of time, when there should have been 3 max.

Useless.

The amount put up on the hand held board may have been too much BUT what you are missing is that this is always a minimum of stoppage time; the ref can and does add further time on if he feels it is warranted.

The amount put up on the hand held board may have been too much BUT what you are missing is that this is always a minimum of stoppage time; the ref can and does add further time on if he feels it is warranted.

Still Frustrating to loose the lead right on Full Time

Archived