IGNORED

Live Commentary

AdamB

Sorry Dolly but if I performed like this in my job I would soon have a season ticket at the Job Centre.............

But if they have no other cable and its a technical problem, what else are they expected to do? Drive back to Bristol to get one?

Sometimes things happen that cant be helped, I think this is one of them unfortunately.

Dont think anyone should be sacked.

But still happening!

At least it didn't cut out in the middle of the penalty!! Well done Hartley.

Something definately needs to be done about the poor commentary. It is a very poor show.

But if they have no other cable and its a technical problem, what else are they expected to do? Drive back to Bristol to get one?

Sometimes things happen that cant be helped, I think this is one of them unfortunately.

I expect them to use my subsctiption money to source the correct equipment to give me what I pay for.

Its like listening to Norman Collier FFS

I expect them to use my subsctiption money to source the correct equipment to give me what I pay for.

I agree that for those who have subscribed to a service and are getting the same problems I am listening to it via the tv (for free) then its not really on, but I still dont think there needs to be the hysteria there is from some posters.

To be fair, I think we have all made errors in our work so calling for sackings is completely OTT. That said, this has been going on for years, and the service on World has NEVER been good.

If you have a duff cable, go to your spare. If you don't have a spare, you c0cked up.

• Admin

As for getting there late how often do we get held up by a motorway being shut on away days?

That was only the second time in my life I missed the start of an away game (the other being a heavily snow affected trip to Stoke) having taken 6 hours to do a trip that took just 2 hours 45 mins on the way home.

To be fair, I think we have all made errors in our work so calling for sackings is completely OTT. That said, this has been going on for years, and the service on World has NEVER been good.

If you have a duff cable, go to your spare. If you don't have a spare, you c0cked up.

Couldn't they borrow one off of Radio Lancs? Still don't understand how AD got there late when some of my friends left Bristol at 9 and got there before kick off yet AD left at 7 and didn't. It's not the 1st time the commentators have been late so surely for long distance away games the beeb should put them up in a b&b the night before.

There's been a lot of discussion on this thread about the quality of the service on the "Player", both for and against. I do not subscribe, mainly because of the problems that has dogged it when it was "World" over the years. But if they were taking the feed from Radio Bristol - to which I was listening for free - then I believe subscribers have every reason to complain.

When you consider that is was a brand new season and they were also, effectively, launching "Player" for the new season, I think it is reasonable to expect that they made some extra effort into ensuring that the whole thing would go without a slip-up even if it meant getting the crew there early and ensuring the setup was working.

After all, they are trying to sell this service to as many fans as possible. If the "Player" feed was directly from Radio Bristol, then for me they seriously flopped because the Radio Bristol commentary was severely flawed technically.

It certainly didn't encourage me to join that's for sure!

There's been a lot of discussion on this thread about the quality of the service on the "Player", both for and against. I do not subscribe, mainly because of the problems that has dogged it when it was "World" over the years. But if they were taking the feed from Radio Bristol - to which I was listening for free - then I believe subscribers have every reason to complain.

When you consider that is was a brand new season and they were also, effectively, launching "Player" for the new season, I think it is reasonable to expect that they made some extra effort into ensuring that the whole thing would go without a slip-up even if it meant getting the crew there early and ensuring the setup was working.

After all, they are trying to sell this service to as many fans as possible. If the "Player" feed was directly from Radio Bristol, then for me they seriously flopped because the Radio Bristol commentary was severely flawed technically.

It certainly didn't encourage me to join that's for sure!

And the player feed is some considerable time behind real time. A couple of seconds OK I can understand but I saw on Sky Sports News they equalised about a minute before it happened on player.

Archived