IGNORED

Exclusive Striker

JMBCFC

whilst i agree with that, for adding depth to the squad. A player shouldn't be played out of position for more than one game, unless he adapts his game well i.e clarkson is playing well but he should be up front instead of playing behind the front two

Yes thought he was bought as a attacker ok he is not a big ball winner ,but give the bloke a chance all this making do won't work in the long term.When is this academy going to produce players that can play not be shipped off on loan every time.Surely the Carlisle Utd game could put some on to the pitch,or will they all go the way of Myrie-williams ?

You are bang on correct with your conclusion Code Red. BTW its a mistake to think we dont play to feet. Sure there are the long Delap throws which work well when Sidibe plays but a player like Ricardo Fuller needs ball to feet and thats what he gets! Pericard is just crap whatever way you play!

How many goals has Sidibe scored for you Bristol Mick?

St Etienne 1(0)

Juventus 0(0)

Portsmouth (loan) 32(9)

Portsmouth 12(0)

Sheffield United (loan) 11(2)

Plymouth Argyle (loan) 15(4)

Stoke City 38(2)

Southampton (loan) 5(0)

Millwall (loan) 1 (0)

This is Pericards outstanding career stats. He has managed to score an abismal 17 goals in his ENTIRE career that spans from 1999-2009 with him making 115 apperences. For a midfielder that is reasonably poor but for a bloody striker that is laughuable! The sooner we realise he is (as MANY people/stoke fans have said) a Donkey the better.

Owusu-Abeyie on the other hand would be an addition we have been crying out for, i really hope he signs.

St Etienne 1(0)

Juventus 0(0)

Portsmouth (loan) 32(9)

Portsmouth 12(0)

Sheffield United (loan) 11(2)

Plymouth Argyle (loan) 15(4)

Stoke City 38(2)

Southampton (loan) 5(0)

Millwall (loan) 1 (0)

This is Pericards outstanding career stats. He has managed to score and abismal 17 goals in his ENTIRE career that spans from 1999-2009 with him making 115 apperences. For a midfielder that is reasonably poor but for a bloody striker that is laughuable! The sooner we realise he is (as MANY people/stoke fans have said) a Donkey the better.

Owusu-Abeyie on the other hand would be an addition we have been crying out for, i really hope he signs.

I'm close to giving up explaining this to you. I do agree about Quincy though who I think has twice the ability of Sproule the reason i think Quincy will only provide competition if he signs is because he is short of first team games.

You've answered you're question for me.

No I havn't - I said IF he can do these things

but he can't

If he could other clubs would have signed him

he's available for a reason - think about it.

But don't worry

Gary won't sign him anyway - he won't be fit enough ,as he hasn't played or done a pre-season (because no one wanted him remember?) and Gary will say - as he does with all the other trialists "It would take him too long to get Bristol City fit"

CR

I'm close to giving up explaining this to you. I do agree about Quincy though who I think has twice the ability of Sproule the reason i think Quincy will only provide competition if he signs is because he is short of first team games.

I dont buy this ''he dosnt have to score many goals'' nonsense. He is a striker for god sake, im not saying he has to score 30 a season but you expect your Fowards to be chipping in with at LEAST 8/9 goals a season. Like i saId in my previous post Pericard has managed 17 in the whole of his career which is a joke.

I can see your point with Heskey, but Pericard is no were near Heskey (or even Adebola) in terms of ability. You wont see Pericard come on and change a game like Adebola did at thislevel. He is simply crap and wont offer anything to our squad.

No I havn't - I said IF he can do these things

but he can't

If he could other clubs would have signed him

he's available for a reason - think about it.

But don't worry

Gary won't sign him anyway - he won't be fit enough ,as he hasn't played or done a pre-season (because no one wanted him remember?) and Gary will say - as he does with all the other trialists "It would take him too long to get Bristol City fit"

CR

Fitness will be the only issue with Pericard.

We won't sign him either

fitness

too long to wait to get him fit

not enough reserve games to get him fit

he's short of first team games

blah blah

"Quincy will only provide competition if he signs is because he is short of first team games"

short of first team games is One of the reasons we won't be signing him

See - you answered your own question as well - not too difficult is it!

CR

I dont buy this ''he dosnt have to score many goals'' nonsense. He is a striker for god sake, im not saying he has to score 30 a season but you expect your Fowards to be chipping in with at LEAST 8/9 goals a season. Like i saId in my previous post Pericard has managed 17 in the whole of his career which is a joke.

I can see your point with Heskey, but Pericard is no were near Heskey (or even Adebola) in terms of ability. You wont see Pericard come on and change a game like Adebola did at thislevel. He is simply crap and wont offer anything to our squad.

How come Sidibe has scored so little in his career and yet is regarded by Stoke as an important squad player? I take it you have seen Pericard often then because you clearly think he is useless, Pericard hasn't played barely any games consistantly for any club he has been at to score a good return of goals for a target man.

Disagree with you Code red in reagards to Quincy, he played a lot of games for Birmingham last year and im assuming he has done some pre season with Spartak Moskva so if we dont sign him it will be more down to either not good enough or not better than what we have.

Disagree with you Code red in reagards to Quincy, he played a lot of games for Birmingham last year and im assuming he has done some pre season with Spartak Moskva so if we dont sign him it will be more down to either not good enough or not better than what we have.

He played 19 games for Birmingham in their promotion season scoring two goals i can only assume he was being played as a winger.

We won't sign him either

fitness

too long to wait to get him fit

not enough reserve games to get him fit

he's short of first team games

blah blah

"Quincy will only provide competition if he signs is because he is short of first team games"

short of first team games is One of the reasons we won't be signing him

See - you answered your own question as well - not too difficult is it!

CR

Johnson has already stated on the official site that he is short of first team games the fact that Quincy and Pericard are only 23 and 26 years old suggests to me that they have a good chance of getting their fitness up to the required level than if they were older.

How many goals has Sidibe scored for you Bristol Mick?

He hasn't been prolific by any stretch - he has scored 23 goals for us in about 140 appearsnces. That is not great on the face of it - but he brings something to the team and has made loads of goals for others particularly Fuller. There is absolutly no comparrison between his contribution and Pericard's.

Pericard is just not good enough and has been the most disliked player at Stoke in a very long time. Your heart sinks when you see him in the team. In fact one of the low points of last season involved Pericard - you might remember the incident because it got plenty of national coverage! We were away at West Ham when Pulis decides to bring Pericard on to partner Fuller up front (just as we are about to kick off after conceding). At this point Fuller twatted team mate Andy Griffin and got himself sent off - it looked for all the world that he could have done it because he couldn't stomach the idea of having to play the best part of the second half alongside the useless Pericard!

, Pericard hasn't played barely any games consistantly for any club he has been at to score a good return of goals for a target man.

You're just digging a bigger hole!!

Read back what you wrote there and think about it your defence of him as a worthwhile signing.

CR

You're just digging a bigger hole!!

Read back what you wrote there and think about it your defence of him as a worthwhile signing.

CR

I can't see why for the life of me people are against a target man signing. When McCombe is playing it is inevitable we will play the long ball more often than not from the back. This can't be that hard for you to understand CodeRed what i am saying is he will be good on occasions when McCombe is playing as he will bring Maynard into play for say the last 15 minutes of the match.

I can't see why for the life of me people are against a target man signing. When McCombe is playing it is inevitable we will play the long ball more often than not from the back. This can't be that hard for you to understand CodeRed what i am suggesting is he will be good on occasions when McCombe is playing as he will bring Maynard into play for say the last 15 minutes of the match.

leo - Have you read any of my posts in this thread? Have you taken in what people are being told by Stoke Fans that they know? Have you seen the comments from Stokies followwing the article on the BEP website? We have all seen Pericard in action plenty of times, have you? I admire you for defending a player before you have seen him and being positive about this but why would he be great for you when he has been crap everywhere except his first stint at Pompey? Dream on mate.

leo - Have you read any of my posts in this thread? Have you taken in what people are being told by Stoke Fans that they know? Have you seen the comments from Stokies followwing the article on the BEP website? We have all seen Pericard in action plenty of times, have you? I admire you for defending a player before you have seen him and being positive about this but why would he be great for you when he has been crap everywhere except his first stint at Pompey? Dream on mate.

I'm saying you and I don't know how well he will play for City regardless of how he has played at other clubs in his career mate.

I'm saying you and I don't know how well he will play for City regardless of how he has played at other clubs in his career mate.

No we dont but chances are it will be exactly the same! I am struggling to think of a player that played for several clubs and was crap at all of them except one but you never know! Go ask Argyle fans what they think of him.

But his past career at other clubs gives us a benchmark to guage a players ability, his scoring record, plus amount of matches played tells us straight away that obviously he has not come up to scratch, if he did add something other than just goal scoring he would have surely have got a lot more games than he currently has.

No we dont but chances are it will be exactly the same! I am struggling to think of a player that played for several clubs and was crap at all of them except one but you never know! Go ask Argyle fans what they think of him.

At 26 he still has a lot of time to turn his career around for the good. I trust Gary Johnson's judgement that should he want to sign Pericard he will sort out his problems and his fitness levels. Gary Johnson is well known for turning players careers around if you have a look at City's squad you will see how many lower league players have signed for City and proved to be good players in the Championship.

At 26 he still has a lot of time to turn his career around for the good. I trust Gary Johnson's judgement that should he want to sign Pericard he will sort out his problems and his fitness levels. Gary Johnson is well known for turning players careers around if you have a look at City's squad you will see how many lower league players have signed for City and proved to be good players in the Championship.

Those players probably weren't crap at their previous clubs though were they? - the only question mark was whether they were up to championship standard. Pericard has already proven he is not up to championship standard and you will see this for yourself soon enough because if he plays you will see what I mean and if he is released (as I think he will be) you can "trust Gary Johnson's judgement".

Those players probably weren't crap at their previous clubs though were they? - the only question mark was whether they were up to championship standard. Pericard has already proven he is not up to championship standard and you will see this for yourself soon enough because if he plays you will see what I mean and if he is released (as I think he will be) you can "trust Gary Johnson's judgement".

Marvin Elliot. He cost us about 100,000 from Millwall and their fans were happy to see the back of him saying he is far too inconsistant. Elliot is now apparantly worth 3.5m according to some of the papers and is one of the Championship's very best midfielders which is why i trust Gary Johnson's judgement so much.

Marvin Elliot. He cost us about 100,000 from Millwall and their fans were happy to see the back of him saying he is far too inconsistant. Elliot is now apparantly worth 3.5m according to some of the papers and is one of the Championship's very best midfielders which is why i trust Gary Johnson's judgement so much.

Did Johnson sign Trundle for over £1m as well?

looking at it a from a different view we loaned a striker with a prolific goal scoring record ie stern john and we all know how that turnt out so why not try someone who it appears couldn't score walking round amsterdam with a ?1000 in his back pocket :rofl2br:

looking at it a from a different view we loaned a striker with a prolific goal scoring record ie stern john and we all know how that turnt out so why not try someone who it appears couldn't score walking round amsterdam with a ?1000 in his back pocket :rofl2br:

Thinking the same thing, we buy all these prolific strikers and as soon as they put a City shirt on they stop scoring. Maybe GJ is trying reverse Psychology :farmer:

I can't see why for the life of me people are against a target man signing. When McCombe is playing it is inevitable we will play the long ball more often than not from the back. This can't be that hard for you to understand CodeRed what i am saying is he will be good on occasions when McCombe is playing as he will bring Maynard into play for say the last 15 minutes of the match.

We do need a target man - but not this particular donkey.

You seem to think that a player who has been consistent (consistently crap that is) will suddenly - as if by magic - become brilliant simply by putting on a City shirt.

It hasn't happened at any of the dozen or so clubs he's been at

And it won't here either

Have you ever seen him play? Mick the Stoke fan has

Archived