IGNORED

Exclusive Striker

JMBCFC

Pericard, hmm. He was the man at Pompey I believe and I doubt we'll be able to get a better striker in a week. So maybe that's a goer even though hes been poor everywhere else.

I'd imagine Quincy's wages are a bit too high for us and how about us signing a winger who is actually a winger, not a striker who can run a bit.

Owusu-abeyie would be a good addition towards either a 4-4-2 or possibly the right of a 4-3-3. No place for him in the 5-3-2 though i dont reckon? Not sure he would sign as a squad player but still worth a go.

Im all for giving players another chance but pericard from wikipedia records appears to have one of the worst scoring records i have ever seen for a striker, something like 17 in 120 games? thats 1 in 6.

In fact if you chalk off the 9 goals he got in a season 7 YEARS AGO, then his scoring record is roughly 8 in 85 apps, thats worse than 1 in 10!!!! and the best part of that appears to be a championship level.

This signing reeks of desperation???

there looking at him. no one is signing just yet

Pericard, hmm. He was the man at Pompey I believe and I doubt we'll be able to get a better striker in a week. So maybe that's a goer even though hes been poor everywhere else.

I'd imagine Quincy's wages are a bit too high for us and how about us signing a winger who is actually a winger, not a striker who can run a bit.

Quincy's wages will not be too high for us otherwise we would not be taking him on trial.

quincy would be brilliant for us, even though we arent playing with wingers atm we still need to sign someone, i dont think we can go the whole season without wingers, we lacked width severly against cardiff so we need to sign someone to give us the option of playing wingers.

in addition, with quincy able to play as a striker he adds more competition to the forwards

if quincy settles quickly he could rip the championship apart, imagine a 3 man strikeforce with haynes, quincy and maynard

This shows your lack of knowledge, as we created numerous chances to score, especially in the first half.

Lack of knowledge? I was at the game. And, for me, we should be creating more chances than this. Yes, the 1st half performance was good, but not nearly as good as most people seem to think. Classic case of people getting carried away and not seeing the obvious flaws in our performance.

quincy would be brilliant for us, even though we arent playing with wingers atm we still need to sign someone, i dont think we can go the whole season without wingers, we lacked width severly against cardiff so we need to sign someone to give us the option of playing wingers.

in addition, with quincy able to play as a striker he adds more competition to the forwards

if quincy settles quickly he could rip the championship apart, imagine a 3 man strikeforce with haynes, quincy and maynard

What is it with this belief, that players who sign for this club have to play another position to add more competition for that said position?

What is it with this belief, that players who sign for this club have to play another position to add more competition for that said position?

I'd have thought Quincy is more of a winger, judging by his goals to games ratio which would equate to about 1 goal every 8 games played.

Well its good to have players who can play in more than one position. Relax mate.

whilst i agree with that, for adding depth to the squad. A player shouldn't be played out of position for more than one game, unless he adapts his game well i.e clarkson is playing well but he should be up front instead of playing behind the front two

What i'm saying is we were pumping long balls up the pitch against Cardiff with no success, because there wasn't a big man up front to take advantage of the long balls.

This is why signing a player like Pericard would worry me, as it could encourage a re-emergance of the hoofball seen too often last year. we should be working on not lumping the ball up the pitch rather than finding a player to lump it to.

As for Quincy, looks like he could be a good prospect.

• Admin

Reading Gary's quotes this morning, neither player are near full fitness and both have been injury prone of the last year - so no chance of seeing either of these two near the first team (if good enough) for ages. . . usually takes a player 6-8 weeks to make up for a lost pre-season

Reading Gary's quotes this morning, neither player are near full fitness and both have been injury prone of the last year - so no chance of seeing either of these two near the first team (if good enough) for ages. . . usually takes a player 6-8 weeks to make up for a lost pre-season

We won't be signing either, GJ seems to expect trialists to be both 100% match fit, playing regularly and also better than players we paid good money for.

We won't be signing either, GJ seems to expect trialists to be both 100% match fit, playing regularly and also better than players we paid good money for.
Was just about to post the same myself.

Just this minute spoke to my friend who's a Stoke City season ticket holder. He laughed at me when i told him that we've taken Vincent Pericard on trial. When he finally picked himself up off the floor he told me that Vincent Pericard was a right old donkey. hmmmm not getting excited at the moment! :disapointed2se:

Just this minute spoke to my friend who's a Stoke City season ticket holder. He laughed at me when i told him that we've taken Vincent Pericard on trial. When he finally picked himself up off the floor he told me that Vincent Pericard was a right old donkey. hmmmm not getting excited at the moment! :disapointed2se:

I'm more on tenterhooks waiting for the good news that we've sent Pericard on his way............... :noexpression:

But the club :liar: sent an exciting SMS the day after we got tonked at Cardiff. And the SMS mentioned two triallists when we have a policy of not talking about possible targets.

Hmmm. Alastair Campbell would be proud.

To all those who have posted that Pericard could be a good signing

1. Pericard was released by Stoke at the end of last season-no club has yet offered him a deal

2. presumabley he has an agent who has been ringing every Championship club (maybe even L.1 clubs) trying to get Pericard fixed up with a deal

3. a trial with Cardiff proved unsuccessful .

4. his scoring record (he is after all a striker) is abysmal

5. he was crap at Stoke, the very team that should have suited his style and physique (I'm guessing he didn't get many passes to feet!!)

Please now engage those little grey cells and ask (yourself) the following question

Q: Why do you think no one has signed him yet despite being available and being touted around all summer by his agent?

(The correct answer is at the bottom of the page)

CodeRed

A : Because he's crap

1. Pericard was released by Stoke at the end of last season-no club has yet offered him a deal

2. presumabley he has an agent who has been ringing every Championship club (maybe even L.1 clubs) trying to get Pericard fixed up with a deal

5. he was crap at Stoke, the very team that should have suited his style and physique (I'm guessing he didn't get many passes to feet!!)

Please now engage those little grey cells and ask (yourself) the following question

Q: Why do you think no one has signed him yet despite being available and being touted around all summer by his agent?

CodeRed

Pericard will never score a hatful of goals for any club he plays for. He will be bought in to give defenders a very hard time for the last 15 minutes or so of a game when we are trailing and in need of a different approach. He is very similar to Adebola and would cost us absolutely nothing being a free agent, he will will be needed in certain circumstances as I have said before numerous times. Pericard's job would be to help Maynard be more prolific rather than himself trying to score goals.

And my good friend who is also a Stoke fan had this to say:-

Pericard's utter bollocks. Don't touch him with a barge-pole. He failed miserably in the Championship with us. Flatters to deceive - some skill & pace - but simply can't score

Dele would have scored us around 10 goals this season if he had stayed and played as an impact sub/target man against hoof ball teams.

Given the same amount of game time, Pericard will score us 1-2 goals at best. He is rubbish.

Where is the similarity?????

I will tell you he is a very similar target man to Adebola, Gary Johnson clearly disagree's with you otherwise we would not have him on trial. Read my other posts for a further explanation as to why I don't think the amount of goals he scores will matter.

CodeRed

You are bang on correct with your conclusion Code Red. BTW its a mistake to think we dont play to feet. Sure there are the long Delap throws which work well when Sidibe plays but a player like Ricardo Fuller needs ball to feet and thats what he gets! Pericard is just crap whatever way you play!

I will tell you he is a very similar target man to Adebola, Gary Johnson clearly disagree's with you otherwise we would not have him on trial. Read my other posts for a further explanation as to why I don't think the amount of goals he scores will matter.

Given that the goals don't matter so much if the player does a good job and makes room for others (like Heskey for example)

It still begs the question

Why doesn't any other club want him (we wouldn't have either if Velicka had not got injured)

As I put on another thread this is more about the fact that we've run out of wages (we're paying Velicka Basso Trundle either side of 10K a week and none can play) and Pericard is right at the bottom of the £ barrel!

CR

Archived