IGNORED

Trundle

awilko

GJ said they wanted him on loan, but wanted city to pay most his wages....

Good on gj for saying no.

I heard this aswell, bit of a joke that they wanted us to pay the lion share of his wages! The whole point is to get him off our wage bill.

Personally i dont think Swindon have the finacial capabilitys to pay his wages and or a transer fee.

Theres enough bigish clubs at league 1 level now, surely one of them could be interested, Norwich, Southampton, Charlton???

surely as he's failed here, he should take a pay cut in order to get first team football?

instead of sitting on 10k a week for nowt.

Sums current footballers up really that they would rather do that than actually play, though the worse one has to be Winston Bogarde when he was at Chelsea who admitted hed rather sit on his 40k a week and play with the reserves than move and get less!!!

Sounded like Swindon had actually bid for him so if it was a loan where we were paying alot fair enough though were paying him anyway so just as well let him go regardless i feel

Sums current footballers up really that they would rather do that than actually play, though the worse one has to be Winston Bogarde when he was at Chelsea who admitted hed rather sit on his 40k a week and play with the reserves than move and get less!!!

Sounded like Swindon had actually bid for him so if it was a loan where we were paying alot fair enough though were paying him anyway so just as well let him go regardless i feel

Don't blame the footballers; blame the system or the agents or the overseas buyers of bigger clubs or jimmy hill who started it all! The inflated wage packet is hardly something they will go on strike about.

surely as he's failed here, he should take a pay cut in order to get first team football?

instead of sitting on 10k a week for nowt.

Why should he do that?

There are alot of players out there who want

the life of a pro footballer but are not worried about playing football

May be hes happy to have a bit of fun

with his team mates and train mon to fri

and have weekends off

Am i not right in thinking that before a player can talk to a club,the club that owns his contract have too agree a deal and give the player permission to speak to the club in question? So why are people questioning Trundle's attitude and seemingly accusing him of being happy too sit on the contract he has with city? My understanding is that he has trained very hard over the last few weeks too get himself fit enough to go out on loan and that comes from GJ himself,seemingly the man that does not think enough of him to even put him on the bench.So where does all the bull**** on here come from,although before it is said,I know everyone has an OPINION!!!

Am i not right in thinking that before a player can talk to a club,the club that owns his contract have too agree a deal and give the player permission to speak to the club in question? So why are people questioning Trundle's attitude and seemingly accusing him of being happy too sit on the contract he has with city? My understanding is that he has trained very hard over the last few weeks too get himself fit enough to go out on loan and that comes from GJ himself,seemingly the man that does not think enough of him to even put him on the bench.So where does all the bull**** on here come from,although before it is said,I know everyone has an OPINION!!!

because the stumbling block for a loan move to swinedon was wages - say swindon were willing to pay 50% (5k) - trunds could have took a pay cut and took 5k a week to play first team football?!

because the stumbling block for a loan move to swinedon was wages - say swindon were willing to pay 50% (5k) - trunds could have took a pay cut and took 5k a week to play first team football?!

But city said no,not Trundle.So am i right in saying that he would not of even had a choice on the matter? At that point,i dont think Trundle would of spoken to anyone to discuss terms.Have'nt Swindon made a bid for him which city rejected? Or have i read that wrong,sure i read that earlier?

But city said no,not Trundle.So am i right in saying that he would not of even had a choice on the matter? At that point,i dont think Trundle would of spoken to anyone to discuss terms.Have'nt Swindon made a bid for him which city rejected? Or have i read that wrong,sure i read that earlier?

I'm sure he would have been made aware by his agent. Players taking a pay cut to secure moves does happen occasionally.

There original offer was a loan move. Not sure if this offer is a loan or not..

I'm sure he would have been made aware by his agent. Players taking a pay cut to secure moves does happen occasionally.

There original offer was a loan move. Not sure if this offer is a loan or not..

I can certainly see where your coming from.Got the impression that it was considerably less than 50% of his wages though. Im his biggest fan,would love for him to get a chance,maybe behind the front two if i had a choice.But in all honesty,i dont think that will ever happen,so for his own sake,if he gets a choice,he should move on.

How about blaming the people who offered Trundle such a lucrative contract? Let's be honest, on the basis of his performances for us and Leeds, would you pay him £10K per week? From his perspective, he is under contract, still feels that he could do a job for us, and who on here would honestly take the sort of pay cut being suggested? He will probably earn more this year than in the rest of his career! Basically, City have 3 options-

Come to an agreement to pay up his contract

Loan him out and cut our losses

Use him

We totally lack experienced forwards, in fact totally lack forwards, and I suspect he would be reasonable in the Clarkson role. Not brilliant, but he could do a job when needed, and at least we will get some value out of him. If I'm being really cynical, neither Clarkson or Williams have exactly shone in that role. When you hear that we are looking at Pericard, you can hear barrel bottoms being scraped! I don't blame Trundle in the slightest, and City are not in a very strong bargaining position, so we might have to take what we can get.

I'm all for a bit of light hearted banter but it's a bit unfair to assume Swindon are the unrealistic party in this.

We might just be, but we are a lowly outfit who are interested in one of your players... A club will always try and get a player for as little as possible and then go on from there.

From our end the tidbits of information suggest that don't want to sign him on loan but in a permanent deal. We can compete adequately financially at the moment (well, he would need to take a paycut) but we're not the biggest team in our division by a long way so we've missed out on some players as a result of this.

However, this guy is 32 (almost 33) - totally surplus to requirements, I've heard phrases such as 'fat camp' which won't help sell a player and we appear to be the only club interested in the guy.

Regardless to where he ends up, I'd suggest you cut your losses because he's taking a lot of money from you.

I'm not overly keen for his signiture (but we really need another striker), no doubt a decent player on his day but goes against our current policy of bringing in young players we can eventually sell on at a profit.

We shall see.

Why would anyone pay us anything for him?

If Riaz is right and we will have to pay him over £400K between now and the end of his contract, just getting him off the payroll will save us that amount of money.

But there's no reason LT should volunteer for a pay cut, so whoever takes him on will probably have to pay him pretty much that between now and the end of the season (or City will have to make a contribution). He might be prepared to lose a little bit of money to get football, but with this being his last big contract, I wouldn't expect him to be willing to lose much - and I wouldn't blame him at all for that.

Now...how much is LT worth? Forget what we paid for him, forget his current contract. Based on his recent form, and the fact that his manager has said he wasn't fit enough to play a couple of weeks ago, how much would you want to pay for him? Even if someone thought he was worth £250,000, they're not going to pay that AND pay him £400,000 over the rest of the season - the £250,000 would go towards his wages.

I reckon the best we can hope for is for someone to come and take him off our hands, with us making a significant contribution for the rest of the season (or, realistically, paying him off to get him to agree to go).

I have nothing against LT, by the way, so this is not about knocking him. I think he's always done his best for us when he has been played, and as far as I know hasn't rocked the boat when he hasn't been in the team. But it hasn't worked for him, GJ clearly isn't planning to play him in the League, and we're stuck with an expensive contract unless BCFC, LT and AN Other FC can come up with a package we're all happy with. But to think that will include us getting a transfer fee and getting him off the payroll is way overoptimistic....unless we can persuade Mark Hughes that LT might just be the right guy to act as cover for Robinho!

If Riaz is right and we will have to pay him over £400K between now and the end of his contract, just getting him off the payroll will save us that amount of money.

But there's no reason LT should volunteer for a pay cut, so whoever takes him on will probably have to pay him pretty much that between now and the end of the season (or City will have to make a contribution). He might be prepared to lose a little bit of money to get football, but with this being his last big contract, I wouldn't expect him to be willing to lose much - and I wouldn't blame him at all for that.

Now...how much is LT worth? Forget what we paid for him, forget his current contract. Based on his recent form, and the fact that his manager has said he wasn't fit enough to play a couple of weeks ago, how much would you want to pay for him? Even if someone thought he was worth £250,000, they're not going to pay that AND pay him £400,000 over the rest of the season - the £250,000 would go towards his wages.

I reckon the best we can hope for is for someone to come and take him off our hands, with us making a significant contribution for the rest of the season (or, realistically, paying him off to get him to agree to go).

I have nothing against LT, by the way, so this is not about knocking him. I think he's always done his best for us when he has been played, and as far as I know hasn't rocked the boat when he hasn't been in the team. But it hasn't worked for him, GJ clearly isn't planning to play him in the League, and we're stuck with an expensive contract unless BCFC, LT and AN Other FC can come up with a package we're all happy with. But to think that will include us getting a transfer fee and getting him off the payroll is way overoptimistic....unless we can persuade Mark Hughes that LT might just be the right guy to act as cover for Robinho!

It wouldn't save us anything, as we'd have to pay up his contract anyway, because he hasn't requested a move.

Agree but surely if we wont get anything for him and will have to pay his wages we might as well keep him.

Shame as i think he is a top bloke and does deserve to play first team football.

It wouldn't save us anything, as we'd have to pay up his contract anyway, because he hasn't requested a move.

I thought the rest of my post made it clear, but I realise we can't back out of our contractual obligation. But if another club came along with a package that LT was happy with then LT could agree to go.

I doubt any other club would be willing to offer him enough to get him to accept without us paying something - but if they did, he'd be off the payroll and we'd have saved that money.

I thought the rest of my post made it clear, but I realise we can't back out of our contractual obligation. But if another club came along with a package that LT was happy with then LT could agree to go.

I doubt any other club would be willing to offer him enough to get him to accept without us paying something - but if they did, he'd be off the payroll and we'd have saved that money.

Yeah, sorry. I see what you're saying now.

Apologies.

Effectively, any fee we got for him would be offset against the wages we'd have to pay him on the remainder of his contract.

Effectively, any fee we got for him would be offset against the wages we'd have to pay him on the remainder of his contract.

Yes - painful for City, but realistically probably the best we can hope for.

And I hope someone does come up with a deal all parties can accept. He seems to be a guy who loves playing, and at the right level I think he could still bring a good deal of pleasure to some team's fans for a year or two yet.

Would you willingly lose £5k per week? I wouldn't.

He could agree to take a pay cut and then the Velicka situation could happen to him, so I don't blame him for maximising his income.

Archived