IGNORED

Trundle

awilko

Swindon have failed in a £25,000 bid for Bristol City striker Lee Trundle. City want £1million for the 32-year-old.

Daily Star

£25, 000? £25, 000!?! Joke.

I think that's a typo from the Daily Star to be honest... I imagine The Sun were more accurate with the £250,000 they reported... Which would be very fair in my opinion.

You don't know that... Couldn't been the way the bid was structured (add ons etc). It's all speculation.

My feeling is that we wouldn't have bid £25,000 as 1) I think Wilson rates him higher than that and 2) What would be the point, it was always going to be rejected.

We had a £400,000 bid accepted for Owain Tudur Jones so it's not unrealistic to suggest that we offered £250,000 but as I said, it could have been to do with how we'd stump up the dosh.

You don't know that... Couldn't been the way the bid was structured (add ons etc). It's all speculation.

My feeling is that we wouldn't have bid £25,000 as 1) I think Wilson rates him higher than that and 2) What would be the point, it was always going to be rejected.

We had a £400,000 bid accepted for Owain Tudur Jones so it's not unrealistic to suggest that we offered £250,000 but as I said, it could have been to do with how we'd stump up the dosh.

For a player of Trundle's age the deal isn't going to be structured it's going to be straight forward cash on the nail. We want rid without paying up his contract, that costs about £250k, any bid around there would be accepted by the club of that I am certain. £25k does sound pointlessly low I agree and the Sun is full of made up shit.

Most likely the bid was in between the two and the player was told he could move if he accepted that amount as paying up his contract.

For a player of Trundle's age the deal isn't going to be structured it's going to be straight forward cash on the nail. We want rid without paying up his contract, that costs about £250k, any bid around there would be accepted by the club of that I am certain. £25k does sound pointlessly low I agree and the Sun is full of made up shit.

Most likely the bid was in between the two and the player was told he could move if he accepted that amount as paying up his contract.

I don't think i've ever seen a rumour in the Sun be true before.

Saw Mr Trundle in Argos (Portishead)friday afternoon With a very tall fit Brunette and her daughter i presume.. He was stood next to me at the till and paid for their item. Pulled out a wad of £20s from back pocket .... Carrying all that cash on him. debit card would suffice....

Wait for it i stood alongside him, me buying some suitcases and then he collected his purchase....

The Childrens game FRUSTRATION.... I looked at him he glanced at me and I just smiled .. I had my City shirt on and he was aware which team i supported :laugh:....

I wonder if this was for his girlfriends daughter or maybe a present for GJ or something for LT and girlfriend to play

Saw Mr Trundle in Argos (Portishead)friday afternoon With a very tall fit Brunette and her daughter i presume.. He was stood next to me at the till and paid for their item. Pulled out a wad of £20s from back pocket .... Carrying all that cash on him. debit card would suffice....

Wait for it i stood alongside him, me buying some suitcases and then he collected his purchase....

The Childrens game FRUSTRATION.... I looked at him he glanced at me and I just smiled .. I had my City shirt on and he was aware which team i supported :laugh:....

I wonder if this was for his girlfriends daughter or maybe a present for GJ or something for LT and girlfriend to play

Thats Tasha his sister.. good mate of mine and her baby Autumn, they all live together in Portishead :)

her ex not the kids father is actually Mr David Noble.....

I'd rather have Akinde playing as he has a future here, it's clear that Trundle is off and not in GJ's plans at all.

the problem is Akinde is crap and Trundle is about 20 times as good as him.

Trundle will be in the squad sat and i imagine he will start on the bench - Fire Akinde off somewhere on loan with Riberio as neither of them are anywhere near good enough for first team action.

Little girl was no baby mate prob 5 -7 year old...

well he does also have a girl from a relationship, he was in before Liz from Atomic Kitten

but who cares we are talking about Lee's abilty, and without being biased because Im friendly with his sister, to me we should of given him a chance tonight

Oh yes, and that one foot happens to be excellent by the way, better than anyone else's 'one foot' that we have. It does grate me though that professional footballers paid vast sums can only kick a ball with one foot and frankly that goes for most of the our team.

Pace can be mental pace, the ability to see a pass and make a move before others. You do not need pace to be good. Sprouley has pace, I'd rather have Trundle and I also think he should play in the hole tonight against Carlisle. NOTHING TO LOSE!

Like I said, we had nothing to lose. I agree with another poster, if he is fit, regardless of anything that is going on between him and GJ, put him on the bench for Saturday. The two of them might (guessing) disagree on style of play and LT's role within that, but if LT has quality and can help us GJ should swallow his pride and be less stubborn

This might shock a few but I can't understand why Trundle was not given a chance to play last night. We are side that is struggling with illness, injury etc, and in a second rate cup competition, surely GJ should a bitten the bullet and give him a chance.

I still think he isn't good enough at this level, but when a team fails to get a meaningful shot on goal throughout last nights game, he might have made a difference.

I would have played Basso too.

GJ certainly knows how to bear a grudge..................

Good move for all concerned.

Trundle off the pay role. He gets to go back to the club he loves and Swansea get a player who will give 100% for them.

City to put in a clause that he can't play against us whilst on loan.

Agree with that -except there should be no clause against him facing us

- it'd be of interest to all concerned to see how he fares against us & how we do against him - Johnson/Trundle who was right? lets settle the debate. (plus it'd add a little extra spice to City/Swans matches)

If Trundle is not good enough to feature in our team, why would be be afraid to face him in an opposition shirt? Let battle commence.

(& good luck to LT, hope it works out OK)

Agree with that -except there should be no clause against him facing us

- it'd be of interest to all concerned to see how he fares against us & how we do against him - Johnson/Trundle who was right? lets settle the debate. (plus it'd add a little extra spice to City/Swans matches)

If Trundle is not good enough to feature in our team, why would be be afraid to face him in an opposition shirt? Let battle commence.

(& good luck to LT, hope it works out OK)

Fully agreed and Seconded. Not having him play against us is wimpy..

Trundle should definitely play against us. As someone said, in theory we have nothing to fear if he is not good enough for our team.

Of course I would want us to win, but I would also be happy to see Trundle score a couple, but as a member of the losing team. I'm also certain that City fans would give him a standing greeting AND a standing ovation if he scored a few.

Does anyone have that weblink for Trundle scoring against Palace in the play offs

just seen it on teletext the only problem is the length of the deal so we must be happy with the amount of wages there willing to pay good news

Apparently Swansea want him for 5 months but City prefer a season long loan,

and he's on £9,000 /week....

Trundle should definitely play against us. As someone said, in theory we have nothing to fear if he is not good enough for our team.

Of course I would want us to win, but I would also be happy to see Trundle score a couple, but as a member of the losing team. I'm also certain that City fans would give him a standing greeting AND a standing ovation if he scored a few.

Does anyone have that weblink for Trundle scoring against Palace in the play offs

Have you gone mad!!!

Trundle has got Gary's back up about something, and maybe one day it will come out. I said a year or so ago that that my brother heard from a N.Ireland squad member that certain members of the city team were not happy with LT's attitude etc. Maybe its all come to a head, and Trundle returning pre-season unfit and all pied up was the straw that broke the camels back.

To suggest that city fans would give Trundle a standing ovation if he "scored a few" is outrageous. The goal difference could make all the difference come the end of the season, just ask Baaadiff :laugh:

BTW, it was MM goal that secured our place in the play off final!

Archived